I would rather Jan vs Glover than Izzy vs Jan

I'm generally ok with Jan-Izzy; it's an interesting fight and serves as a great build-up for the Jones-Izzy grudge match. But in this instance, I'd rather see Glover get the shot; he's earned it and because of his age, this might be his last chance at the belt. I'd hate to see Glover get screwed by this Izzy-Jan-Jones triangle.

No way

Izzy vs Jan is a far more of an exciting match up then Jan vs Glover.

Izzy vs Jan will do more numbers. Izzy has probably the best striking in MMA and is the most technically skilled while Jan is a dangerous one punch knockout striker. The fight is going to be a hell of a striking fight.

Plus both are actual camps who won the belt beating the current champ and Izzy defended the belt against 2 top contenders

Glover isnt as good or exciting as a striker as Izzy

Like, wtf is Jan vs Izzy? A fight literally nobody is asking for.

I mean, it’s good for Izzy for him to gain notoriety for moving up in weight class but he’s not even facing the guy at 205 that he’s supposed to fight, Jones.

So now that it’s Jan, nobody gives a shit. If he was gonna move up it should be for Jones.
Yup, Jan is not a goat or anywhere close. Give us izzy v jones

The "Super Fight" Clown Fight Era is ruining the UFC IMO. It gave us McGregor, Cejudo, Dillashaw, etc. and ruined a lot of careers too. Champions don't seem to defend belts anymore.

Jarl

People act like the question is Jan vs Izzy or Jan vs Glover.
The question is Jan vs Izzy + nothing at middleweight + nothing for Jones or Jan vs Glover + Izzy vs Whittaker rematch / Izzy vs Jones.

Attacking something now, just cuz it seems big, when it's a thing that can always happen is shortsighted. You take the temporary option now and invest in the bigger one.

I was gonna say that it's a bit like GSP moving up to fight Bisping, but on reflection I think that's probably a bit unfair on Jan, although you could argue there are parallels with how they won the title (their opponent underestimated them etc).

My hope if the Izzy fight goes ahead is that he does the same and ends up getting sparked, we don't need more double champs, it just holds up divisions, has anyone even tried to defend both belts?

Its a fight that Izzy asked for.. Hes done so much for the UFC the last 2.5 years Im sure its fine for him to have a demand this time around.
It's a fight Glover earned. He's done so much for the UFC the last 8 years, I'm sure it's fine for him to get his title shot.

I think Jan vs Izzy is a done deal. Glover can sit out and rest, he deserves it, and get the winner. 5-0 straight and finishing young guys impressively, I won't have any problems with that.
Aren't they trying to make Jan-Izzy for March? Long time to 'rest.' He sits now, waits for their fight, hopes the winner isn't injured, hopes that if Izzy wins, he doesn't have to go defend middleweight first or fight Jon. Glover fights for the belt by May at the earliest, maybe 2022?

Hey man, 6-18 months later, he's right in there for that title shot. He's earned it!

I disagree. I would rather Isreal fight Glover to see where he stands. If Ireal wins, or loses against Jan, he will just go back to MW, and it proves nothing. And puts the LHW div in worse condition it already is, if Isreal would possibly win.

Jan vs Izzy is a sellable fight. you can market that

Jan vs any other LHW besides Jones isn't going to be marketable or sellable to casuals

Ditto, seeing the greed driven corporation trying to sell us on essentially the same thing McGregor got his LW title shot for with a guy who doesn’t even have 1/3 the drawing power is questionable at best... Izzy go get bent

Exactly. Izzy fights Jones instead

Izzy/Jan imo doesn't really make any sense.. If izzy wins he probably gonna vacate the lhw title because I don't see him defending both. If Jan wins it would hurt izzys status as champ. It's an interesting match up though.

I think Jan vs Izzy is a done deal. Glover can sit out and rest, he deserves it, and get the winner. 5-0 straight and finishing young guys impressively, I won't have any problems with that.

The only problem is that fight is 4 months away and then if Izzy wins he goes back and defends 185 and then you might be talking about a Jones fight. Best case scenario he’s waiting 7-8 months and worst he’s waiting over a year and guys like Prochazka or Rakic could potentially surpass him.

Izzy/Jan imo doesn't really make any sense.. If izzy wins he probably gonna vacate the lhw title because I don't see him defending both. If Jan wins it would hurt izzys status as champ. It's an interesting match up though.

He would vacate LHW to go back to a division he’s mostly cleared out? I think he’s active enough to defend both. Izzy is the one that wants the fight in February not March.

Why is everyone so obsessed with Izzy fighting Jones now? It doesnt make sense with Jan being the legit champ.

If Izzy beats Jan, what fight do you think the UFC is most likely watering at the mouth for to make?

Should be Glover vs Jan because if they make Jan vs Izzy then Jones will probably face the winner, especially if Izzy wins. Means Glover would sit out for forever.

His age means, imo, that waiting for 1 fight isn't that big of a deal, but waiting for 2 means a year or more, so the age can show.

Back