I would rather Jan vs Glover than Izzy vs Jan

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Like, wtf is Jan vs Izzy? A fight literally nobody is asking for.

I mean, it’s good for Izzy for him to gain notoriety for moving up in weight class but he’s not even facing the guy at 205 that he’s supposed to fight, Jones.

So now that it’s Jan, nobody gives a shit. If he was gonna move up it should be for Jones.

Its a fight that Izzy asked for.. Hes done so much for the UFC the last 2.5 years Im sure its fine for him to have a demand this time around.

only cause the want to copy conor now

I think Jan vs Izzy is a done deal. Glover can sit out and rest, he deserves it, and get the winner. 5-0 straight and finishing young guys impressively, I won't have any problems with that.

Agreed. I think it makes sense on all levels to build up the 205 champ a bit more before making the "superfight" with Izzy. I would enjoy Izzy/Jan I guess, but if Jan fights and beats Glover first, he becomes a bigger star and the fight starts to make more sense at that point. Glover absolutely deserves the TS now, in the meantime Izzy can fight Rob or Hermansson if he gets a big W in December.

I'd rather see Jan vs Glover too tbh.

Kinda dumb that Izzy and Jones go at it on twitter, but as soon as Jones leaves LHW, Izzy is ready for a title shot? Then he justifies it by saying he wants to troll Jones, and that belts don't matter?

{<huh}

Everyone keeps sleeping on Jan, but the guy has power, experience, and fight IQ. Izzy's actions kinda tell he thinks it's going to be an easy fight, and everyone that has that attitude against Jan gets embarassed.

Glover would have a better chance at Jan because he's probably the one fighter that will actually take him seriously.

As fun as it will be to watch Izzy get slept by the Polish Power, I'd be more interested in the battle of Old Man Strength.

I want Izzy vs Jan because it's way more interesting and it's Champ vs Champ.

Jan vs Glover is a basic standard fight. It's alright. It's nothing I'm dying to see.

Jan vs Glover in March and Izzy vs Whitaker 2 in the meantime. If they both win then they can fight next summer.

I think Jan vs Izzy is a done deal. Glover can sit out and rest, he deserves it, and get the winner. 5-0 straight and finishing young guys impressively, I won't have any problems with that.
That's fine in theory, but the problem is that if Izzy/Jan happens, and Izzy wins, there's no guarantee at all that Glover would get the next title shot. Izzy might hold the belt hostage for awhile going back down to 185. Or he might fight Jon next... I have a strong feeling Glover will end up getting fucked over if Izzy/Jan is next.

Izzy vs Jan is much a smarter matchup for the UFC. Gives Jan more exposure, makes them more money, better for Izzy’s brand/legacy if he wins and makes a potential Jones fight even bigger.

No one outside of sherdoggers and hardcore MMA fans has never even heard of Jan or Glover.

I think you'll get what you want. Izzy will end up fighting someone at 185 and Jan will fight Glover. Most of these guys don't really want to move up in weight. It's just hype.

I think you'll get what you want. Izzy will end up fighting someone at 185 and Jan will fight Glover. Most of these guys don't really want to move up in weight. It's just hype.

Just like how Petr Yan fought Sterling for the vacant title last July

<Kpop01>

This is just wishful thinking on your part.

Jan vs Izzy is happening.

Jan vs Glover is a basic standard fight. It's alright. It's nothing I'm dying to see.

What does basic standard fight even mean, especially when it would be a 5-round title fight likely in a main event spot?

Just like how Petr Yan fought Sterling for the vacant title last July

<Kpop01>

This is just wishful thinking on your part.

Jan vs Izzy is happening.
Not so much wishful thinking, I just believe almost nothing of what UFC says is gonna happen in the future. Some of their advertisements said Santos/Tex was for number 1 contender, while at the same time saying Izzy was fighting Jan. And then Jan came out and said he isn't fighting until March, and I doubt they'd stall both divisions that long unless, now that I think about it, they made Izzy and Jan TUF coaches.

What does basic standard fight even mean, especially when it would be a 5-round title fight likely in a main event spot?

It's nothing special. It's just an ordinary average run of the mill title fight.

Izzy vs Jan is special because it's champ vs champ. It's Izzy moving up during his prime, as the MW Champion, to fight Jan for the LHW title.

Izzy vs Jan makes the Jones fight even bigger. Assuming Izzy wins.

Adesanya has accomplished so much in 2 1/2 years he can ask for whatever the fuck he wants

I dislike champs going up and getting a TS period. It messes up not one but two divisions and screws over the true contenders

Back