I Would Never Want to Live in the Philippines

Phillipines has a beautiful nature.
Just stay away from the south, they have many crazy armed radical muslims in that part

Best thing about the Philippines is the people. Yeah, If you want to buy and/or bang the hottest chicks possible, there are much better places. But if you want to have real relationships with the locals (friends, lovers, wife) it's hard to beat.

Philippines is basically like Thailand just even cheaper but also poorer.
Only people I think want to live there are people who like the country and culture and whoremongers.
ouch. What about if all you got is $1500 a month social security....assume you could live better than a US trailer park or some ghetto apartment.

In other words you wouldn't wanna live in a non-first world country?

On a similar note, I'd never wanna get kicked in the nuts, anyone else?
Really depends who is doing the kicking
7a2e345fa44012af1c041ce8b48955af.jpg

ouch. What about if all you got is $1500 a month social security....assume you could live better than a US trailer park or some ghetto apartment.
Lived on $800/month for several years there on Leyte. Decent house, private school for kid, but no car. $2 liter bottles of Tanduay rum, $10 dining out for 3. Having a frugal wife helps!

I live here and I’m pretty happy.

That said like other places... it’s got it’s beautiful spots and affluent areas as well spots & areas not so nice; a lot of problems like traffic & corrupt government as well.

I like & understand the culture though which has good aspects and some others that can be problematic.

People are warm here though for the most part and many deal with harder living with hope, family and values.

I’m moving from a commerce/residential area in heart of city (Manila/Makati) south to the Laguna/Tagatay area which is more of a green cooler/colder & mountainous/Beach resort region, as my house is near finished.
images

images

Other than visiting the US to visit family & friends, & (traveling here and there) I’m happy here and pretty sure I’m living life here for the long term.
Awesome dude.

TS is a fatso who likes to eat like shit.. so I understand why he would not want to go to a more humid and hot place.

Fat-Bastard-Sweating.jpg

Just don't seem like a place I want to live. Either crowd city or jungle hut. Seem like alot of bugs and bad weather too. And that goes for alot of Asian Islands other than Japan. They just don't seem like a good place to live. Same with Jamaica, Cuba,PR and All them other Island type colonizations.
There was a fairly big Twitch streamer who went to the Philippines and got robbed by a hot chick on camera. She pretended to be the manager at a restaurant who was settling up with him. She took all of the money for the bill and then scattered off. And then a little while later, the real manager came and he had to pay TWICE.

https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/irl-streamer-gets-scammed-into-paying-fake-waitress-678522/

I mean it is a low cost option but Thailand is also very cheap and a lot better in many ways.

It’s amazing that these poor Asian Countries become the hotbed for Sex workers and tourism. They become like a big cum dumpster for the rest of the world.

I think they filmed Dating Naked in some resort over there.

Just don't seem like a place I want to live. Either crowd city or jungle hut. Seem like alot of bugs and bad weather too. And that goes for alot of Asian Islands other than Japan. They just don't seem like a good place to live. Same with Jamaica, Cuba,PR and All them other Island type colonizations.

I lived there for a few months, I loved Manila, it wasn't overly crowded either. People were nice, A lot of cockroaches though, and the smell when you first leave the airport is an assault on your senses but you get used to it quick. The only thing I didn't like was the humidity.

There was a fairly big Twitch streamer who went to the Philippines and got robbed by a hot chick on camera. She pretended to be the manager at a restaurant who was settling up with him. She took all of the money for the bill and then scattered off. And then a little while later, the real manager came and he had to pay TWICE.

https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/irl-streamer-gets-scammed-into-paying-fake-waitress-678522/

Haha...it happens. On the other hand, I've had waitresses return my tip on my next visit because they thought I accidently left it there. Of course, that's not tourist joints where you make vlogs.

1500$ is around 75000 bucks here a good 2 bedroom condo would run you around 15k to 20k rent and less if it was a loan to buy from a bank, a single dude would average around 15k for food maybe 3k for water and electricity. So if your frugal that should last you.

Back