I would love to visit the southern states

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Specifically Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.

It might not be a popular take but I want to go for the culinary experience.

I want to try some real Cajun food. I think its in Louisiana where they have this dish thats some sort of crawlfish and corn of the cob gumbo. Looks amazing.

Im sure Alabama and Mississippi have some great food too, the BBQ culture seems very strong. The people seem nice and I hope to make it to those 3 states one day.

What do you think Sherdoggers

I remember Benjamin Franklin’s autobiography in which he wrote that the smart northerners sent all the degenerates south so they can settle it without doing any of the work

Last edited:
Could go to Louisiana and Texas if you want real Cajun and BBQ. We've got plenty of both here in Dallas alone. Dallas apparently has a pretty great Asian culinary scene as well, some big food YouTuber recently moved here and said our Asian culinary scene is better than NYC.

I love the South for culinary reasons.
Shrimp and grits
Biscuits and gravy with breakfast
Cajun seasoned anything
Soul food
Various traditions of barbecue
Cornbread
Pecan pie
All that

Specifically Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.

It might not be a popular take but I want to go for the culinary experience.

I want to try some real Cajun food. I think its in Louisiana where they have this dish thats some sort of crawlfish and corn of the cob gumbo. Looks amazing.

Im sure Alabama and Mississippi have some great food too, the BBQ culture seems very strong. The people seem nice and I hope to make it to those 3 states one day.

What do you think Sherdoggers
Why can't you? Gas is cheap in the US. New Orleans is fun, the food is brilliant.

Where do you live?

Pretty much every holiday destination I've been to is because of it.

Facts. That's also why I like to get all-inclusive packages, so that I may pig out!

Last time I was in Quebec (thank God I got that trip in right before the Pandemic) I was indulging in Poutine! I don't think I had it before.

tumblr_mmvgno6Zms1rikjhgo1_500.gif

Facts. That's also why I like to get all-inclusive packages, so that I may pig out!

Last time I was in Quebec (thank God I got that trip in right before the Pandemic) I was indulging in Poutine! I don't think I had it before.
Good skills! For me, I was in Chiang Mai as the pandemic was kicking off but no one knew. I am so thankful to have managed to go before it all kicked off being I went there for the food mainly.

florida is the only Southern state worth visiting right now. 80 degrees every day all year and emerald green golf courses. Fish are biting and birds are flying. Flipfops and shorts is only attire required.

I live in TN.. moved all over but always end up back here.

Been to all Southern states (except TX & LA) and the only others I like are the Carolinas and FL. Why the fuck would you wanna visit Alabama?? Top 5 shittiest state.

Back