i would love to see a rematch but Gus isnt owed one he lost fair and square.

Is this what you would call a debate?

You gave intentions and rationales for people you don't know, and don't agree with. You're brushing them away.

Share your own opinion on the subject, then a debate starts.

what ever man:rolleyes:

Close fight and a rematch would be ideal, hopefully the fight will be just as competitive.

would love to see a rematch but maybe not as the next fight. i didn't score it round by round but i did look at the sherdog pbp just as the fight ended and all 3 also scored it for Jones. could have gone either way, my gut instinct told me Jones would get a close decision

Source? I'd be interested in seein their reasoning.

It was on the mma hour today with Helwani. It'll probably be up on YouTube in a few hours.

Also McGregor scored for Jones, and Stone Cold Steve Austin scored for Gus.

bec it's a close fight and gave jones all he could handle. some even thought gus won, that is why people would love a rematch

man you make some bad threads. usually theyre always about anderson, now you're hoping on the jones train.

but no, there needs to be a rematch. when both get pushed to their limits like that and theres not a clear cut winner...rematch is needed

I have yet to see an online poll showing a majority of people seeing Jones as the winner. And on Helwani's show, 3/3 fighters that have been on scored it for Gus and weren't affiliated with either fighter.

True......but the Jones boys aren't gonna stop with the bullshit....the think if they say Jones "really won" enough times - the majority will believe...It ain't gonna happen turn off the sound of the two company narrators & watch the fight....Gus clearly won! Sooner or later there will be a rematch....Jones will never make it as a HW champion....doesn't have the punch or the skills, he proved that against Gus....so he will have to defend again & Gus will finish him next time...Gus won't leave it to the judges...

There should be one because Shogun got one when everyone thought he won. And a majority of fans and UFC fighters believe Gus won.

It may not be owed, but he deserves it.

I don't think that's true at all. Most fighters I have heard all thought Jones won. On the fox news, with sonnen and evans, they both thought Jones won. As did all the sherdog judges. they all thought Jones won. I thought he also won. There is a big difference between thinking Gus did alot better than expected, than actually winning. He did not win the fight. Jones landed the more damaging blows through out the fight. that is simply fact.

chael said that Jones won, so did evans. I watched the dam show myself.

IN the end, who cares what anyone says. Jones won the fight. End of story. He is the champion. He came the closest to finishing the fight.

One or two good wins and he'll be right back in there. I'd be much more interested in a rematch with Gus than any of the other guys Jones has beaten.

LHW is pretty thin on contenders anyways... He'll get another shot pretty quick unless he loses.

There should be one because Shogun got one when everyone thought he won. And a majority of fans and UFC fighters believe Gus won.

It may not be owed, but he deserves it.
Shogun clearly won Gus did not.

It was an epic battle, I thought Jones was going to run through Gus and he surprised the hell out of me. Gus made me a fan with his performance, but he isn't owed a immediate rematch. Gus had his chance and came up a little short, he didn't do enough to win the fight. I would love to see a rematch as I think Gus is the only competitive fight at LHW for Jones. If I had it my way I would set it up but its fair to give someone else a crack at the belt. Gus will get his rematch no one outside of Jones is beating him.

TS also thinks Shogun blatantly lost to Machida and Shogun didn't deserve the rematch.

I don't think that's true at all. Most fighters I have heard all thought Jones won. On the fox news, with sonnen and evans, they both thought Jones won. As did all the sherdog judges. they all thought Jones won. I thought he also won. There is a big difference between thinking Gus did alot better than expected, than actually winning. He did not win the fight. Jones landed the more damaging blows through out the fight. that is simply fact.

Damage doesn't score, and how is that a fact? how are you quantifying that? Did you have some sort of device for measuring lbs of pressure per square inch remotely?

It was a very close fight, some people thought Jones won, some people thought Gus won. You don't get to declare which peoples opinion you think reflect fact, nobody does.

Jones got the decision and in turn won the fight. Try accepting that peoples opinions on a close fight, that could be called either way will differ. The discourse will not go away because you feel you have objective moral high ground.

Past champions who looked invincible going into a title fight: Machida, Silva, Jones

Past champions who looked vulnerable and beatable afterwards: Machida, Silva, Jones

Past challengers granted rematches for breaking respective auras: Shogun, Sonnen

You tell me why after accomplishing what Gustafsson did, he doesn't deserve the same? It's literally the most competitive match to make because it is a KNOWN. And it will also make the UFC the most money possible. Scheduling any other fight for these two guys creates the risk of the rematch being nullified due to potential loss and/or poor performance. How is that lonely, hateful world of yours working out?

Back