i would love to see a rematch but Gus isnt owed one he lost fair and square.

thatone**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It was an epic battle, I thought Jones was going to run through Gus and he surprised the hell out of me. Gus made me a fan with his performance, but he isn't owed a immediate rematch. Gus had his chance and came up a little short, he didn't do enough to win the fight. I would love to see a rematch as I think Gus is the only competitive fight at LHW for Jones. If I had it my way I would set it up but its fair to give someone else a crack at the belt. Gus will get his rematch no one outside of Jones is beating him.

Last edited:
There should be one because Shogun got one when everyone thought he won. And a majority of fans and UFC fighters believe Gus won.

It may not be owed, but he deserves it.

The rematch will probably happen Dana is all about the money and this match up is hot right now much like Silva and Sonnen was after the first fight. Besides I think Davis and Glover need one more fight so a match between those 2 would make sense. Also I think Cormier should have one fight at 205 before a title shot just to see how his body reacts.

oh the rematch drama.

i'll be happy and won't be resentful if they have one. i won't be resentful if they don't.

i'm weird like that.

"I thought Jones was going to run through Jones"

I know Jones is an original and creative fighter, but your expectations are ridiculous.

There should be one because Shogun got one when everyone thought he won. And a majority of fans and UFC fighters believe Gus won.

It may not be owed, but he deserves it.

not everyone thought Gus won though, most people with no dog in the fight scored it for jones. with the machida/shogun fight most people with no dog in the fight scored it for shogun.

Gus won the fight. Other then Jones catching him with the elbow in the 4th , he lost the fight! .. Gus took him down / stuffed all of jones takedown attempts .. I think it was BS some had a 49-46 fight?

not everyone thought Gus won though, most people with no dog in the fight scored it for jones. with the machida/shogun fight most people with no dog in the fight scored it for shogun.

I have yet to see an online poll showing a majority of people seeing Jones as the winner. And on Helwani's show, 3/3 fighters that have been on scored it for Gus and weren't affiliated with either fighter.

I have yet to see an online poll showing a majority of people seeing Jones as the winner. And on Helwani's show, 3/3 fighters that have been on scored it for Gus and weren't affiliated with either fighter.

most of the mma media scored it for jones. fighters are going to be my biased than fans are.

I agree. I won't be mad if there is a rematch, but Alex got his and lost. Glover has earned the same chance.

Lol. That's one way to ignore a discussion you don't like.

oh the rematch drama.

i'll be happy and won't be resentful if they have one. i won't be resentful if they don't.

i'm weird like that.

Me too but i like to call it normal. But if normal is the new weird then...

Someone please tell me how Jones won round 2? He landed 1 head kick lol

No instant rematch for Gus. Contrary to Anderson Silva, he wasn't a champion for years.

He should fight someone else at least once before.

It was close enough to warrant a rematch, but I wouldn't be upset if it didn't happen. I had it 48-47 Jones, but it was easily the closest fight of his career.

Chael lost fair and square, too. Granted, he didn't get an automatic, immediate, rematch; I believe he would've gotten one, had he not been suspended.

I agree pretty much with TS... Gus doesn't deseve an immediate rematch since it was not a controversial outcome...just a close call. He will have a rematch maybe 1yr 18month or so... just because he will stay #2 LHW...

No instant rematch for Gus. Contrary to Anderson Silva, he wasn't a champion for years.

He should fight someone else at least once before.

I agree. This instant rematch thing is going too far. Gus will probably get an instant, and I'm glad if he does, but I don't agree with it... if that makes sense. Hypocritical, but at least I'm being honest.

is that all you got to come back with must of been captain of your debate :icon_neut

Is this what you would call a debate?

You gave intentions and rationales for people you don't know, and don't agree with. You're brushing them away.

Share your own opinion on the subject, then a debate starts.

Back