I would like to gain some strength in 10 weeks.

SlamMan

Bisping p4p
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is not about looking good this is about gaining strength for a fight what can I do which is the best way to gain strength in 10 weeks? The type of strength I want is explosive. I will leave this here I am seriopus and will follow whatever plan you help me with. please explain what needs to be done including food after exercise. im not cutting any weight infact im under by a fair bit. thanks in advance. :)

If the fight is in 10 weeks, then probably not much.

If the prep camp starts in 10 weeks, then you can make some valuable noob gains in that time window.

Check out the stickies: Strength & Power FAQ v2.0

I might be using TRT would that make a difference its my first cycle on test vall legal. iv heard on your first cycle it will do a lot of good.

I might be using TRT would that make a difference its my first cycle on test vall legal. iv heard on your first cycle it will do a lot of good.
How old are you? Are your fight in exactly 10 weeks? What's your training history(weighs, martial arts, sports), do you have injuries?

10 weeks is too short imo. If you've been lifting and building up your max strength earlier the year, then okay, this "block" or camp can be a segment where you translate that to explosive strength; If you haven't been doing that, there might not be much in the way for strength development with that little time.

You can lift with a routine from the FAQS like Miaou suggested, it'll help, but I don't think anything significant will come. I didn't start to see significant results until 4 months in. Around 6-8 month mark is when things took off for me.

I didn't start to see significant results until 4 months in. Around 6-8 month mark is when things took off for me.

While I'm not disputing your experience, that seems kind of weird. Beginner gains are the best gains you can get. Those first 10 weeks you can be adding weight to your squat almost every session. Running something like Stronglifts would put his squat up by 150 pounds in that time frame. Some of that comes from becoming more coordinated and learning how to lift the weight, but he'd be demonstrably stronger. Granted, if he's also training like mad for a fight, the gains are probably going to be smaller.

While I'm not disputing your experience, that seems kind of weird. Beginner gains are the best gains you can get. Those first 10 weeks you can be adding weight to your squat almost every session. Running something like Stronglifts would put his squat up by 150 pounds in that time frame. Some of that comes from becoming more coordinated and learning how to lift the weight, but he'd be demonstrably stronger. Granted, if he's also training like mad for a fight, the gains are probably going to be smaller.

You can add definitely weight and PR at almost every session at that stage, but its based on a program at an 80-85% rate. Its not a true 1RM. When I started lifting my max bench was 165, at the end of a yearly cycle of doing 5x5s, it was 215. So 50lbs in a year. Of course, it slowed down after that, and I've haven't seen a yearly 50lb pr at that rate since.

I know I sound like a buzz kill, but I don't think TS will be putting a total of 150lb+ to his 1RM with 10 weeks; Combined with MMA/MT/boxing camp, and as you've said, the gains will come alot slower. I'm guessing TS will go on a 2 day lifting program while juggling fight camp. The frequency of 1 lift a week isn't much in volume either.

If your fight is in 10 weeks, I would spend the next 2-3 weeks finding a maxPR for the big 4, then eliminating high-intensity weight training and transitioning into speed and power. In speed and power, focus on characteristics like creating better elasticity and velocity.

Of course, you need to train your combat skills.

Of course you can gain strengvth in ten weeks. Do a linear progression twice a week if you are a novice to the barbell. If not do somehing where you set up a rotations of 5s 3s 1s across. 3xrep range assistance lifts will be up to you or dont do any at all. Rough guidlines are 80 85 90% for each rep range. Add 2-10 pounds each cycle and take a deload week before fight.

This is not about looking good this is about gaining strength for a fight what can I do which is the best way to gain strength in 10 weeks? The type of strength I want is explosive. I will leave this here I am seriopus and will follow whatever plan you help me with. please explain what needs to be done including food after exercise. im not cutting any weight infact im under by a fair bit. thanks in advance. :)

I would say don't bother, noob gains can come with noob injuries........if you have access to a strength and conditioning coach then maybe but not on your own.

Back