I Wonder What's Happening To BJ Penn...

vladimirvlad

MMA is my life
@Green
Reaction score
Guys what’s happening to BJ Penn?

Sometimes I used to be the huge fan of his. He was a real beast back then.

But now – the longest winless streak, fighting random people in the street, DUI… Is the former two-division king facing CTE?

They shouldn't have cheated him out of his swansong fight with Lentz.. That was an ass beating he deserved to have coming imo.

CTE + alcoholism. I'm still down to see a rematch with him and Diego though. But they both must retire afterwards

He was a favorite of mine too many years ago. Now he's a scrub of the lowest order. He has no business anywhere near a cage, unless it's in a mental institution or jail.

He was cut. Just got ko’d by an air bag. Ko’d by some random outside a bar, before that. Do you even read these boards?

BJ is currently in a deli line, waiting for someone to take the last slices of tavern ham.

He just living his best life.

Realisation that he can't do the thing he has always done.

He was cut. Just got ko’d by an air bag. Ko’d by some random outside a bar, before that. Do you even read these boards?
I read but uncle Dana always gives him another shot, as well as you know. :D

CTE + alcoholism. I'm still down to see a rematch with him and Diego though. But they both must retire afterwards

Lol Diego would beat him like Mickey gall. Cm punk is a realistic opponent for bj these days

There’s a lot of evidence the Doctor who popularised and took credit for CTE is either a fraud or an incompetent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/sports/cte-bennet-omalu/

That said I expect BJ has at least some form of brain damage.

He has taken a lot of beatings in the cage and he’s at least admitted to having serious issues with alcohol if not more substances which causes brain damage in large doses.

People should really call it brain damage though and not CTE.

Just remember him as the BJ of old. Sad what's happened with him. I genuinely hope he turns it around. Despite all the shit he's been dealing with I think he will

This is what happens to some people who get punched in the head for a living. Can't imagine going from "The Prodigy" to getting your ass handed to you in every fight helps stabilize you either.

Back