I wonder if Tyson Fury is jealous of Ngannou?

It’s hard to tell who is a bigger success story. One was a Gypsy, the other a refugee.

fury by KO round 1

One is a world champion and virtuouso in his sport. The other is neither.

Because regardless of how good a boxer he is it must suck knowing that not even the best hw mma fighter in the world can beat you up in a real fight. Same goes for Derrick Lewis,Stipe,Curtis Blaydes. He would lose to all of them..... it kind of sucks a bit, not going to lie
So not even the best HW MMA fighter in the world can beat Fury in a 'real' fight? Why would he be upset at that thought?

Didnt Mercer KO'd Sylvia or someone?

Ray Mercer knocked out former two time UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia who was still ranked in the top 10 at the time.
Have you ever seen the fight? The bell rings to start the fight, Mercer immediately throws 1 big punch that lands clean. Sylvia goes out. It was a blitz. I'm not gonna say it's not a legit win but it wasn't a masterful display of skill either.

Because regardless of how good a boxer he is it must suck knowing that not even the best hw mma fighter in the world can beat you up in a real fight. Same goes for Derrick Lewis,Stipe,Curtis Blaydes. He would lose to all of them..... it kind of sucks a bit, not going to lie
Translation: I need to satisfy my ego, so I constructed a reality where a boxer who makes more than the entire UFC HW roster combined is jealous of them.
This is a “sport” where a woman beating NFL defensive end was considered a viable product.

Yes you're a noob. You suggested he's faced multiple top 10 HWs (he hasn't, he's faced 1) and that he held his own (he didn't, it was a one sided loss where he just ate shots all fight).

I mean, you're just straight factually wrong. It's embarrassing you think you have a worthwhile opinion.

So your not impressed by a football player who learned to fight in his 30s goes the distance with the number 6 guy in the world.

you have no idea what you’re watching.

Have you ever seen the fight? The bell rings to start the fight, Mercer immediately throws 1 big punch that lands clean. Sylvia goes out. It was a blitz. I'm not gonna say it's not a legit win but it wasn't a masterful display of skill either.
I know, just saying.

Fury is a master manipulator. When you say "real", you mean lack of certain rules and regulations, right? What if Fury just.... outsmarts his opponent?

Don't think thats quite how it works buddy.. One persons playing it safe is another persons genius.
Thats not how it works either bub. You just seem like a Hardy hater but to do what he is doing that late in his life shows how you can get by on just being better athlete than your opponents. He's been in every fight and looked green in them but that shows the potential. Imagine him at 20 getting in MMA instead of the NFL (if you ignore the huge pay difference). Dude would wreck Volkov at the same age. Thats why they need to throw Hardy into the frying pan and see what sizzles. Give him some real opponents, Volkov the only one, and let him sink or swim. He needs that experience to catch up since he didn't start as a little cub.

EDIT: Not to mention Hardy was fighting mainly on one hand after the first.

Last edited:
Thats not how it works either bub. You just seem like a Hardy hater but to do what he is doing that late in his life shows how you can get by on just being better athlete than your opponents. He's been in every fight and looked green in them but that shows the potential. Imagine him at 20 getting in MMA instead of the NFL (if you ignore the huge pay difference). Dude would wreck Volkov at the same age. Thats why they need to throw Hardy into the frying pan and see what sizzles. Give him some real opponents, Volkov the only one, and let him sink or swim. He needs that experience to catch up since he didn't start as a little cub.

I seem like a Hardy hater based on justifying Volkov "playing it safe"? LOL!

Have you ever watched Mayweather fight?

Your entire post is irrelevant to the point I was making.

leaving aside that this started as a troll thread, it highlights very, very different understanding of what MMA really is

many posters seem to view it as a fundamental measure of physical dominance. one person fighting another person to see who wins.

under this view, it is really an extension of 2 guys fighting in a parking lot.

hence the frequent disdain for smaller fighters (it doesn't matter how good a "manlet" is because he would lose to bigger trained men in a real world fight) and the obsession with who would win fights between different martial art disciplines in random conditions (yeah, but a boxer is not going to be as good in a street fight)

it is a very different view of MMA as a martial arts competition or a sport. MMA as sport emphasizes winning an athletic contest, which by definition, is based on an arbitrary set of rules (use of gloves, prohibited techniques, weight classes, use of equipment, timing, etc). in this way, it is not really much different from beach volleyball or soccer.

Tyson Fury is orders of magnitude more famous than Ngannou, tens of millions of dollars richer, and is the undisputed champion and top fighter of his sport.

I doubt he even knows who Ngannou is.

The real question is, are you so jealous of Tyson Fury that you have to make retarded, nonsensical posts on a karate forum to alleviate your pain?

In a real fight humans use weapons, and have done so for a couple of hundred thousand years. I suspect both Fury and Ngannou would laugh at the idea of going into a real fight unarmed. Seriously, think about it. And in case you disagree, do a Google on the number of boxers and MMA fighters killed by someone with a weapon. Humans are lousy fighters unarmed (way down the food chain), but are on top of the food chain with weapons.

Have you ever seen Mayorga actually fight in MMA? Go check those fights out. He's 0-4. He once got DQ because he got frustrated and elbowed his opponent in the spine.

Ray Mercer got choked out by Kimbo Slice.
both WAY past there prime

Fury would be top 5 HW in ufc easy

In a fist fight fury would smash the top 5 in one nights work easy

Back