I wonder if Tyson Fury is jealous of Ngannou?

The really interesting thing would be to see what Fury could do if actually training in MMA. He isn't going to waste his time, and I'm sure could care less with the kind of money he makes, but still interesting speculation. We have never seen the likes of an elite boxer in MMA, not one that was serious about MMA anyway. Lots of elite wrestlers, but that is because they have no other way of making money. That doesn't mean they would necessarily be better if the boxer was cross-trained.

He has trained MMA, has mentioned he may consider doing it one day...
We have seen elite boxers in MMA, James Toney.

He has trained MMA, has mentioned he may consider doing it one day...
We have seen elite boxers in MMA, James Toney.
Fury has dabbled in it, but not done anything like the 3 years or so of serious training he would need to be competent in the sport. He never will, he has no reason to. Talk is cheap.

What I said was boxers had not competed who were serious about MMA. Toney was old and fat with no real grappling training; that fight told us nothing about how elite boxers do in MMA.

Because regardless of how good a boxer he is it must suck knowing that not even the best hw mma fighter in the world can beat you up in a real fight. Same goes for Derrick Lewis,Stipe,Curtis Blaydes. He would lose to all of them..... it kind of sucks a bit, not going to lie

Whats ngannou gonna do, take fury down and use his ju jitsu?

Fury gets paid millions and millions to fight .

Everyone knows becoming the Heavyweight Boxing Champion is the pinnacle of fighting . It's one of the most recognised accomplishments in fighting .

Why would he be jealous of a couple of MMA fighters that get paid peanuts compared to him . MMA is still evolving but there is so much more money in boxing at Fury's level .

Fury would be dangerous in a street fight as it would start on the feet like most MMA fights do . He grew up fighting .

Boxers don't see it that way.

Their perspective is boxing is the true test because theirs no "rolling around", you have to stand and fight.

"In a real fight"

Will be back soon after I gouge my eyes out

LMAO Ahahahaha

tenor.gif

Fury is a world class martial artist trained from youth, Greg Hardy is a former football player who picked MMA up as a hobby in his late 20's.

I'm of the opinion Fury is infinitely more gritty, durable, and more experienced in combat than Hardy will ever be. It's not rocket science man, Fury would make these sloppy HW's look pretty bad if he took MMA seriously and put all of his resources into training. I'm not saying he would be the champion, but to think one of the best boxers on earth couldn't do well in MMA seems strange, especially in the UFC HW division where dudes don't even show up in shape.

Hardy wasn't even in shape the other night, and he ran through Greene. You can have a difference of opinion, but saying I make zero sense is just silly.

I get your point. These dudes can act stupid all they want, but you aren't making a crazy point.

Fury >>>>>>>>>>> Hardy as a fighter. If Hardy can do even ok in the UFC, then there is a good chance that Fury could too and it's really not that complicated

He's paid infinitely better, and is way more famous. I'm sure he's fine with what life has given to him.

Reactions: OGL
If he does feel that way at all i'm sure the blow is softened by his income and the amount of attention hes getting.

Tbh a lot of people in the boxing world delude themselves about MMA guys beating their asses anyway. Whether its the "real mean dont wrestle" argument or believing they can stop div 1 wrestlers with footwork and (extremely low and well timed) uppercuts or some other UFC 1 level shit.

Poor poor Tyson Fury, how does he live with himself.

Hardy hasn't held his own against any top 10 HW, wtf? The one fight he had, he lost a one sided decision against an opponent who played it safe the entire fight.

Get the fuck out of here you noob.
Why do you think Volkov played it so safe? Obviously there must be some reason why Volkov played it so safe against a washed out NFL player, past his prime.

Why do you think Volkov played it so safe? Obviously there must be some reason why Volkov played it so safe against a washed out NFL player, past his prime.
He pretty much always does, he's a smart striker who picks his shots and has good defence, bar Derricks last second KO he's not been finished by anyone since 2013.
He's had 17 fights since then, not many HW's can say the same.

I can think of one huge thing that would make Fury jealous of Francis-insert picture of Francis standing with Mighty Mouse

Because regardless of how good a boxer he is it must suck knowing that not even the best hw mma fighter in the world can beat you up in a real fight. Same goes for Derrick Lewis,Stipe,Curtis Blaydes. He would lose to all of them..... it kind of sucks a bit, not going to lie
Tyson Fury ain't about to be bothered by Ngannou's 300k pay. <45>

What makes you think that Fury thinks about this at all?
Because he used to say he can beat Cain Velasquez in an MMA fight. He clearly thinks about it and it bothers him.

Back