I wonder how many people will throw away their stimulus money

I got my April stimulus via direct deposit. But the most recent one came by check. Who is this debit card being sent to?

i got the $600 direct deposit in December. Didnt even know they were sending out another round of checks for $1,400. Dope. This prepaid debit card shit has got to go. Put it in my bank account. Thanks. Bye

It's amazing that some folks don't have bank accounts nowadays.

l@nd0

I don't know why. I think I told HR Block I wanted a physical check for some reason.

You should try out Turbo Tax bud. If you are a typical W-2 employee it is free and it is literally plug and play. It tells you exactly what line to get specific numbers from and you can upload your documents and the program pulls the numbers out of them. It's my second year doing my own taxes and I'd never pay someone now.

You should try out Turbo Tax bud. If you are a typical W-2 employee it is free and it is literally plug and play. It tells you exactly what line to get specific numbers from and you can upload your documents and the program pulls the numbers out of them. It's my second year doing my own taxes and I'd never pay someone now.
Yeah I keep hearing this. Maybe this year

turbo tax lost my business after the glitch they had for the stimulus. they handled it badly compared to h &r block

turbo tax lost my business after the glitch they had for the stimulus. they handled it badly compared to h &r block

I had no issues with the stimulus using Turbo Tax. I thought it was Tax Act that had the glitch...I could be wrong.

My stimulus status on the IRS website is "Not Available". I did my taxes yesterday though and claimed the rebate recovery credit. I wonder if I'll just get the $600 or if I'll get a full $2000.

I remember there was a threshold for turbo to be free, I use freetaxusa

I almost did. These things absolutely look like junk mail. For those unaware instead of paper checks like last time they are mailing out debit cards that have to be activated.

View attachment 828854
View attachment 828853

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/business/millions-of-stimulus-payments-were-mailed-as-prepaid-debit-cards-some-say-they-look-like-scams/?amp=1
I got mine last week and almost threw it away, i just tossed it in the junk mail box with all the other credit card ads with phoney cards inside. Then my cousin calls me and asked did you get your stimulus check and i said not yet, he said they are sending them in debit cards and people are tossing them in the trash not realizing its their stimulus, so i checked my junk mail and yup i tossed it in there. Crazy it looked like a bogus credit card advert letter.

Curious where you live and when it arrived? IRS website told me they sent my check out on the 6th and I still haven't gotten it

I live in Michigan and it came pretty quick. My wife had checked the website and it said it was going to be mailed and it showed up the next week.

Get bitcoin with it. Hold on to it and watch it quadripple.

My stimulus status on the IRS website is "Not Available". I did my taxes yesterday though and claimed the rebate recovery credit. I wonder if I'll just get the $600 or if I'll get a full $2000.

You did your taxes yesterday? I thought you couldn't file until Feb. 12?

You did your taxes yesterday? I thought you couldn't file until Feb. 12?
I got my W-2 the other day and filed my taxes as soon as I got it. I got this e-mail after.

We've received your federal return.
Your federal return will be sent promptly to the IRS for review once they open.
You will receive an e-mail from us within 24 hours AFTER the IRS opens on Friday, February 12, indicating the status of your return.

So yeah basically it will be Feb 12th.

Back