I Wonder How James Vick Feels Now?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I was a big fan of the man. He beat some really legit dudes and had a good record with one loss in the UFC to Beneil. After he TKO'd Duffy I though for sure he'd get a top guy then he gets Trinaldo. Get's the win then finally gets a top guy. I thought this would be his coming out party, and Gaethje had been getting KO'd left and right at that point. Then....

DecisiveMealyGerbil-size_restricted.gif

Then...
giphy.gif

Then...
IdenticalTenderAnemoneshrimp-size_restricted.gif

Then the UFC seemed to realize he's not a top guy but he puts on a show against guys outside the top ten in Price. Seemed to show an advantage against Price early on and jumped on a slip then...
ElasticThoughtfulBluejay-size_restricted.gif

I can't remember a better instance of "be careful what you wish for" than the story of Vick. He had some good wins and said no one inside the top ten would fight him then all of this happened. Must have been a horrible wake up call.

Vick vs Geoff Neal next please

James "Weak" Vick

Justin has only been knocked out twice in his whole career and one was a TKO

A wise man once said "there's levels to this shit"

Going into the Gaethje fight I was expecting big things for Vick, Justin had been stopped twice in a row & it seemed his aggressive style had already caught up with him whilst Vick had won 4 on the bounce & seemed tipped for big things. If nothing else he had the confidence to call out the top ten repeatedly. Now he's looking at 4 straight losses & must be wondering where it all went wrong.

Realistically his UFC future either at LW or WW is being fed to up & coming guys to establish them by beating a "name" before he eventually gets cut.

I was a big fan of the man. He beat some really legit dudes and had a good record with one loss in the UFC to Beneil. After he TKO'd Duffy I though for sure he'd get a top guy then he gets Trinaldo. Get's the win then finally gets a top guy. I thought this would be his coming out party, and Gaethje had been getting KO'd left and right at that point. Then....

Then...
giphy.gif

Then...

Then the UFC seemed to realize he's not a top guy but he puts on a show against guys outside the top ten in Price. Seemed to show an advantage against Price early on and jumped on a slip then...

I can't remember a better instance of "be careful what you wish for" than the story of Vick. He had some good wins and said no one inside the top ten would fight him then all of this happened. Must have been a horrible wake up call.

He was great in that Duffy fight, i like duffy a lot but vick had his number

As for his overall trajectory...mma is the hurt business

johnny-cash-hurt-wm_480x360.jpg

I could watch Vick get knocked out all day, him and Michael Chiesa both just rub me the wrong way for some reason. Both are mediocre but have way over-inflated opinions of themselves as fighters, it's almost delusional in a way.

He has bad striking defense....and a weak chin

Then...
giphy.gif

Then...

Just plain stood there and became a punchinng bag. Would have helped to throw back.

Bring Beej back and see how he does against Vick!

I honestly just felt bad for him after the last one.

He needs to retire. Out cold in three of your last four fights means it's time to go. The same goes for Rockhold, Weidman, Saunders, and Overeem.

I could watch Vick get knocked out all day, him and Michael Chiesa both just rub me the wrong way for some reason. Both are mediocre but have way over-inflated opinions of themselves as fighters, it's almost delusional in a way.

Agreed except Chiesa is a top 10 fighter and I do not believe Vick ever was or deserved to be

He talked a lot of shit to Gaethje. Would have been sweet if Felder KOed him too.

Back