I won the lottery

Timetravel_0

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It's not quite what you think but it's still pretty damn cool. I mentioned it in a thread about a month ago but now it's all said and done. I won an all expense paid trip to Las Vegas to go to a new gameshow. It was part of a lottery game called Monopoly Millionaire's Club. There were three ways to win: win the big 15 to 25 million dollar jackpot, win the one of the 1 million dollar sub jackpots when the big one is hit, or win a trip to Vegas to attend the Monopoly Millionaire's Club gameshow.

I won the trip and just got back from it last Monday. It was an awesome trip. It was 5 days and 4 nights. The lottery provided accommodations at Planet Hollywood, gave gift cards and buffet passes for food, gave us passes to the new High Roller ferris wheel, and gave $500 spending cash. I was also chosen to participate in a "local game." These "local games" are games supplemental to the big game show where you could win from $100 to $10,000. Well I won the $10,000!

We had to go to the game show taping all day Sunday. I had a chance to be chosen as a contestant where they try to win up to one million dollars. Out of the three shows I attended I saw two people win a million dollars! Amazing! I wasnt chosen to be a contestant but we still got to share in the winnings. They group all the trip winners (audience) into 5 groups, dog token, cat token, shoe token, ship token, and wheelbarrow token. The person chosen from your group is your captain. Whatever money your captain wins gets split in half. Your captain keeps his half and the other half is split among the 20 or so people in your group. Unfortunately, none of our captains won the million but I still got another $2000 or so on top of my previosly won $10,000. The show is supposed to start airing around Feb. 7. I'm the guy from Rio Rancho, NM if they happen to show me winning the $10000.

Now, they stopped selling the tickets for this lottery game. There was apparently not enough interest and they were losing money. However, once the game show hits tv they're going to start again.

Edit: edit for a funny story.
When I went down to play the local game I chose to wear a shirt like this since I'm from Albuquerque.

71lgAtTZiQL._UX385_.jpg

The producer took one look at my shirt and told me that I was going to have to change it. My wife had to run up to the room and get me another shirt. So my first time on tv and I'm wearing a wrinkly shirt with pants and shoes I would never wear with that shirt. They apparently had a dress code where they wanted everyone wearing business attire. I guess I skipped over that paper work.

Last edited:
That's great, Dude! Congrats. I will definitely watch if I can find it...

It's not quite what you think but it's still pretty damn cool. I mentioned it in a thread about a month ago but now it's all said and done. I won an all expense paid trip to Las Vegas to go to a new gameshow. It was part of a lottery game called Monopoly Millionaire's Club. There were three ways to win: win the big 15 to 25 million dollar jackpot, win the one of the 1 million dollar sub jackpots when the big one is hit, or win a trip to Vegas to attend the Monopoly Millionaire's Club gameshow.

I won the trip and just got back from it last Monday. It was an awesome trip. It was 5 days and 4 nights. The lottery provided accommodations at Planet Hollywood, gave gift cards and buffet passes for food, gave us passes to the new High Roller ferris wheel, and gave $500 spending cash. I was also chosen to participate in a "local game." These "local games" are games supplemental to the big game show where you could win from $100 to $10,000. Well I won the $10,000!

We had to go to the game show taping all day Sunday. I had a chance to be chosen as a contestant where they try to win up to one million dollars. Out of the three shows I attended I saw two people win a million dollars! Amazing! I wasnt chosen to be a contestant but we still got to share in the winnings. They group all the trip winners (audience) into 5 groups, dog token, cat token, shoe token, ship token, and wheelbarrow token. The person chosen from your group is your captain. Whatever money your captain wins gets split in half. Your captain keeps his half and the other half is split among the 20 or so people in your group. Unfortunately, none of our captains won the million but I still got another $2000 or so on top of my previosly won $10,000. The show is supposed to start airing around Feb. 7. I'm the guy from Rio Rancho, NM if they happen to show me winning the $10000.

Now, they stopped selling the tickets for this lottery game. There was apparently not enough interest and they were losing money. However, once the game show hits tv they're going to start again.

And...this is when the company owns you for revealing the results of the show.

Game Shows have legal contracts to keep you from spilling the beans. You just told a thousand people on the internet what went down.

GG. You might lose your winnings now.

Game Shows have legal contracts to keep you from spilling the beans. You just told a thousand people on the internet what went down.

lol. Of course you would post something like this...

Don't listen to Debby Downer over here, TS. Hope you're out celebrating that win right now!

They were actually encouraging us to share on social media. Some of the tv people were also surprised. They just didnt want us sharing the names of the million dollar winners. I heard that the million dollar winners weren't allowed to talk about their winnings. Apparently, they really wanted to get the word out on social media so people go out and buy the lottery tickets. It's the lottery running this and not the TV people which is why it's different. The lottery makes their money from people buying tickets.

I'm not on social media but the hashtag was #advancetovegas

They were actually encouraging us to share on social media. Some of the tv people were also surprised. They just didnt want us sharing the names of the million dollar winners. I heard that the million dollar winners weren't allowed to talk about their winnings. Apparently, they really wanted to get the word out on social media so people go out and buy the lottery tickets. It's the lottery running this and not the TV people which is why it's different. The lottery makes their money from people buying tickets.

I'm not on social media but the hashtag was #advancetovegas

I hope this is the case for you. Sincerely.

I would rather not have you lose your money. I'd call up the legal department.

I never win anything. My friend won a car not long ago for some charity event at his work. He sold it and used the money to install an indoor swimming pool with a bar.

Congrats Ts!

Dude, that is awesome. Congrats. What are you planning to do with the money?

Dude, that is awesome. Congrats. What are you planning to do with the money?

Pay some bills, put some in the summer vacation fund, my stepson is graduating high school this year so that'll help with the party.

im way happier than I should be about this happening to a fellow sherdogger, congrats man!

Congrats. I'm jealous lol - I think the most I've won is a free can of soda from one of the supermarket scratch cards. Fml.

<--- Peanut butter and jealous

Most I've ever won is a free hamburger at McDonald's........with purchase of a medium fry and drink.

lol

They were actually encouraging us to share on social media.

Probably not the results, like 2 people getting the million dollars and so on.
I am sure they meant like you were a contestant... a great show...
But congrats

Congratulations TS! Sounds like you had a great trip, its nice to have some positive stories on the forum.

Probably not the results, like 2 people getting the million dollars and so on.
I am sure they meant like you were a contestant... a great show...
But congrats

They were pretty specific on what we could and couldn't share. They said we couldnt share specific names. Other than that we could share anything. They even had a screens up above where people could see their tweets.

TS sounds less poor than before.

Congrats!

Maybe I missed it but how did u win the 10G?

And congrats sounds awesome

Without reading anything except the thread title.

Send me some loot, help the poor.

Sounds like an awesome experience. Congratulations. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Back