I wish we could have seen GSP Vs. Lombard.

Funny, considering I don't think I've ever seen GSP take a single step back from anyone he ever faced, including Hendricks.

His entire game plan is constant forward pressure.

When did GSP trade his evasive footwork for the ability to become physically transparent in order to avoid punches.?

Why TS? Georges would've took Lombard down at will, Nullified Lombard's strength & Judo, & Georges also wouldve tristar jabbed Hector's face until it looked like a jack o latern

Why TS? Georges would've took Lombard down at will, Nullified Lombard's strength & Judo, & Georges wouldve tristar jabbed Hector's face until it looked like a jack o latern

All for the Decision W

When did GSP trade his evasive footwork for the ability to become physically transparent in order to avoid punches.?

He didn't.

Evasive footwork (and movement in general) are greatly beneficial to fighters who press fights and constantly move forward. E.g. prime Fedor and Mike Tyson. Both were extremely evasive, yet never backed off, ever.

GSP didn't have the punching power of either guy, but was every bit as aggressive moving forward, maybe even more so.

Gsp would b in trouble in the first round. But lombard couldnt go full clip for 5 rounds. Gsp by ud imo. Although id root 4 hector

I think GSP takes decisions against both of them, he won't finish Lombard at all he's got a great chin and is tough and probably wouldn't finish Woodley.. coming from a GSP fan

^^this.

Do you guys happen to be crazy?

Same Lombard who lost to Bosch and Okami?

You would like to see THAT Lombard in a fight against the WW GOAT?

......dumbfounded.....

That's wrong. Okami took Lombard down three times, and every single time was by single leg TDs, concretely by checking Lombard's leg kicks, grab the leg, and apply his strenght and wrestling skill.
Its very unusual what Okami did to Lombard in that aspect, and its not like now any good wrestler will be able to do the same just because Okami did it. Probably not even Okami could repeat what he did in their fight.

I think GSP could outbox Lombard, as Okami did but even better, and maybe get a lately TD when Lombard gassed.

I seemed to remember him shooting on Lombard on his first TD. Maybe he shot a single but I remember it being a quick TD against Lombard's forward momentum. That could have just caught Lombard off guard tho. Maybe im misremembering.

I don't see what Lombard could have done to win this fight...

GSP by decision.

Lombard would KO GSP if they fought after the Hendricks fight, he's been getting hit a lot more and Lombard like Hendricks is a bad match up for him. Lombard is a traditional southpaws that hit way harder, has better hands, can greatly reduce the effectiveness of his jab and is hard as hell to takedown and keep down making him a very difficult fight for GSP.

I think Hendricks, Lawler, and Lombard all have a great shot at beating GSP, I thought Hendricks did and I think Lombard would KO him, Lawler I think would be 50/50.

Do you guys happen to be crazy?

Same Lombard who lost to Bosch and Okami?

You would like to see THAT Lombard in a fight against the WW GOAT?

......dumbfounded.....

Weight classes exist for a reason, how often do we need to see a guy that isn't even top 20 drop a weight class and become a legit top 10 fighter. Lawler was top 10 at one point at MW but it was brief and then he was a top 20ish guy, now hes the number 2 guy at MW. Munoz wasn't ever that highly ranked at LHW, then he drops to MW wins some fights and his highest rank was 3rd, Boetsch who was another guy who was a top 20-25ish guy at LHW became a top 10 guy at MW. Brian Stann wasn't ever highly rated at LHW, dropped to MW and at one point was top 10.

Weight matters, there is a reason why GSP didn't go up to MW.

You guys are crazy if you actually think Lombard had more than a prayer against GSP. I think some of you are just trying to be respectful. GSP easily takes that.

You guys are crazy if you actually think Lombard had more than a prayer against GSP. I think some of you are just trying to be respectful. GSP easily takes that.

Why? He's taken nearly half of the significant strikes he's taken in his entire career in his last 4 fights. Post ACL GSP isn't the same guy, and Lombard is a tough match up like Hendricks was.

Possible... I just think GSP is way too fast.

Not anymore he isn't, in his last 4 fights he's taken almost half of the significant strikes he's taken in his entire career. GSP isn't as fast as he used to be and Lombard is much faster at WW than he was at MW. His pace isn't high so GSP could take advantage of that but he would be at risk of eating big counter shots and GSP doesn't do as well against southpaws that make it hard to jab.

Okami did well against Lombard but he's bigger, stronger, has a heavier top game, I believe a longer reach and he is a southpaw as well which made his jab much more effective.

I don't see Lombard having much to offer except a big punch. I worry about his cardio.

Well TS, all Hector had to do was earn his way into the UFC and step on the scale at 170 pounds because throughout his entire fight career that is where GSP was running shit.

Instead Lombard spent the majority of his career in the minors fighting junior varsity level competition. Look it up. Teh 2 times he fought in Pride he lost and he is 3-2 in the UFC and people believe he would give a guy who one 12 UFC gold belts a tough time.

Back