I wish USADA never existed

When the UFC broke the news on their partnership with USADA in february 2015, 5 belts changed hands almost over night. Guys that had looked nearly unbeatable, that we thought would keep the belt forever suddenly started losing decisively. I never liked Ronda, Cain, Weidman, so I kind of liked it.

What sucks is that we will never again see the long reigning champs like Anderson/GSP. They died with the random drug tests.

Comes off pretty shady, but with USADA coming in, we lost guys like Ubereem, Trtor....and the list is long....

I mean it doesn't really look like very consistent if at all, but losses are too great.

Agree 100%. I've been watching since inception, and USADA is, without a doubt, the worst thing to ever happen to the UFC...

I wish the Reebok deal never existed. Tore away fighters' individuality and sponsorships so the ufc could make ALL the sponsorship money and have ALL CONTROL of promotion of the fighter when they're fighting, the only exposure most of them have...

UANUS can go to hell if you ask me.

I wish the Reebok deal never existed. Tore away fighters' individuality and sponsorships so the ufc could make ALL the sponsorship money and have ALL CONTROL of promotion of the fighter when they're fighting, the only exposure most of them have...
Spot on with this.

Usually not a fan of your threads, but agreed on this.

With USADA in effect, these fighters look very human. I remember the days of Ubereem, Vitrtor, Pride Fedor (if you know what i mean), Roided Wanderlei. Those guys looked like superheroes.

giphy.gif

smh

Comes off pretty shady, but with USADA coming in, we lost guys like Ubereem, Trtor....and the list is long....

I mean it doesn't really look like very consistent if at all, but losses are too great.

I wish they could use swords, shields and armor like in the Roman Gladiatorial games -- weapons are way more entertaining than unarmed fighting, given how lousy humans are at fighting unarmed (we'd still be bear and lion food if it weren't for weapons).

But I don't think either Roman gladiators or non-PED testing is coming back.

USADA is a necessary balance check.
Ask Dana to create a separate ROID UFC for your favorite PED fighters to compete. That way they can roid as much as they want on a level playing field.

Last edited:

This isn't baseball....they're hitting people's heads. You're wrong. They need to be tested and everyone needs to be on the same playing field.

When the UFC broke the news on their partnership with USADA in february 2015, 5 belts changed hands almost over night. Guys that had looked nearly unbeatable, that we thought would keep the belt forever suddenly started losing decisively. I never liked Ronda, Cain, Weidman, so I kind of liked it.

What sucks is that we will never again see the long reigning champs like Anderson/GSP. They died with the random drug tests.
meh, mighty mouse stayed the same.

and to be fair, there weren't many people with anderson / GSP like reigns before USADA either.

as the sport evolves, it will only become more difficult to stay at the top for that long. anderson and GSP both held divisions that were somewhat filled with guys who were stylistically easy fights for them. don't get me wrong, they also had bad matchups and still dominated, but there were quite a few guys we just knew stood no chance. now everyone is training at a higher level, the skill-sets are better rounded, better athletes are entering the sport... it will never get easier, only more difficult to hold down a belt.

I really think usada is actually making it unhealthy for the fighters.

Peds help with absorbing strikes and recovery.

Now you see fighters gas, and then getting mauled

This is a really interesting angle that I wish there could be a definitive study on. I've always wondered if the benefit of absorbing the shots better is outweighed by the amount of damage that accumulates.

Like Bigfoot-Hunt. No clean human absorbs what Bigfoot did. But does that hurt him in the long run? Or is his brain somehow getting extra protection from the biological changes. You would think it has to be, simply because he's not getting knocked unconscious. But who the fuck knows.

meh, mighty mouse stayed the same.

and to be fair, there weren't many people with anderson / GSP like reigns before USADA either.

as the sport evolves, it will only become more difficult to stay at the top for that long. anderson and GSP both held divisions that were somewhat filled with guys who were stylistically easy fights for them. don't get me wrong, they also had bad matchups and still dominated, but there were quite a few guys we just knew stood no chance. now everyone is training at a higher level, the skill-sets are better rounded, better athletes are entering the sport... it will never get easier, only more difficult to hold down a belt.
Yes, several guys in good camps found a way around the USADA testing, so not everyone changed that much.

We had a lot of Champions in most weight classes that seemed almost unbeatable (obviously not as dominant as Anderson/GSP, but still dominant). Guys will be less consistent now, with stricter testing.

Back