I wish the UFC went back to less fighters, less cards, more competition

As long as they have the ESPN deal nothings going to change any time soon, get over it.

Serious question - does anyone really enjoy having 12+ fights on a card? They could easily do 9 or 10 fights and trim some fat off the roster

EDIT- the next fight night has 15 scraps listed on the card including 2 match-ups with an “unknown fighter”

If you really did watch Fight Nights, you'd know who they are, because you'd have seen them before.

<seedat>

I'd argue the fight kits make this hard. If every fighter looks the same, how am I supposed to remember one particular fighter from a good scrap 6 months previous?

Serious question - does anyone really enjoy having 12+ fights on a card? They could easily do 9 or 10 fights and trim some fat off the roster

EDIT- the next fight night has 15 scraps listed on the card including 2 match-ups with an “unknown fighter”
Oh shit this card has hidden characters on it?
Whats the criteria for triggering those battles?

I'd argue the fight kits make this hard. If every fighter looks the same, how am I supposed to remember one particular fighter from a good scrap 6 months previous?
For real, the diff shorts and sponsors definitely helped fighters stand out a bit esp if they were lower tier, and added a bit of personality.
This new shit is bland as fuck.

I disagree

The more content, the better

I enjoy the fights every weekend

Don't know why so many casuals complain about name value, watch more fights and you'll know more names.

original.png
I'd agree if the product equaled the volume . Lol , it doesn't. Its funny how u call the guy a casual because of it. Msybe " maybe" someone needs some self reflection.

I also dont think its 1128. I don't know where that number comes from but it wasnt that long ago White was laboring on about rostering 700 fighters .

Just, don't, watch

???????

Why is this such a big deal?

Tell me, I'm quite confused as to why you don't just SKIP the fights
Is it costing you more money somehow?

Just, don't, watch

???????

Why is this such a big deal?

Tell me, I'm quite confused as to why you don't just SKIP the fights
Is it costing you more money somehow?
Easy now…

I do skip them and costs me nothing whether I watch or not

My question is related to the thread topic - and perhaps a reflection on my sports viewing habits. I used to sit through full NFL Sundays almost every week - but can’t do that anymore it seems

Back on topic - having fewer fights per card COULD be a way to improve quality of cards

Care to answer the question though - do you enjoy 12-15 fights per card? Would you care if there were only 9 or 10?

Yeah the UFC is diluting their product big time. The buzz that used to be around the sport is just gone unless Conor is fighting.

Sad.

The UFC roster currently has a whopping 1128 fighters on it.

https://www.ufc.com/athletes/all

It’s been bloated to level never seen before.

A lot of these guys should be fighting in regional shows or in other promotions. The UFC is supposed to be the major leagues of MMA.

Im going to show you a few free UFC fight nights from a few years ago.

UFC fight night 79:

Ben Henderson vs. Jorge Masvidal
Dong Hyun Kim vs. Dominic Waters
Sexyama vs. Alberto Mina

UFC Fight Night 80

Thug Rose Vs. Paige Vanzant
Jim Miller vs. Michael Chiesa
Sage Northcutt vs. Cody Pfister
Thiago Santos vs. Martin Day.

These were FREE cards.

My point being the roster is bloated, there are too many cards and the talent is being watered down.

They need to really cut this down to 12 PPV events and 12 fight nights a year. 24 High quality cards with the best fighters in the world fighting each other.
Nothing wrong with anything you're saying, but it's all nullified by the need for $$$ on the part of the UFC and its parent company.

A lot of these guys should be fighting in regional shows or in other promotions. The UFC is supposed to be the major leagues of MMA.

UFC fight night 79:

Sexyama vs. Alberto Mina

UFC Fight Night 80

These were FREE cards.

My point being the roster is bloated, there are too many cards and the talent is being watered down.

They need to really cut this down to 12 PPV events and 12 fight nights a year. 24 High quality cards with the best fighters in the world fighting each other.
Would be nice. I just watch selected events / fighters now so hard to keep up with everything.

Do you know how capitalism works? Nothing gets smaller by choice.

Why don’t you go watch water polo or some shit. You’re one of the worst posters on the site. And all you make are shit threads. What exactly is your basic, man?

Just fuck off, already. You attention whoring clown.

no one likes you on this website.

Everyone wishes you would get banned.

UFC fight night 79:

Sexyama vs. Alberto Mina

UFC Fight Night 80

These were FREE cards.

It's absolutely nowhere near that amount. There's about 640ish fighters on the roster including this seasons contender series signings.

Also why on Earth are we highlighting cards with Dominic Waters, Alberto Mina and Cody Pfister on the main cards as examples of high level cards?

Back