I wish Dana would go but I dont think anyone else could run the UFC

If you mean good for maximizing profits for the shareholders, yeah, so what?

Colorado may have decided to (and I'm surprised) but Nevada is the defacto lead of the state ACs. No doubt they could get Louisiana or Arkansas to approve their knees to the head of grounded opponents as well, but they would need states like NY, NV and CA to come around and I dont know how likely that will ever be. Still interesting.

I think he means like actual politics.
Most organizations are very liberal leaning or push some sort of liberal narrative. Dana doesn’t. And it’s awesome.
Lol so you missed inviting Trump to an event, having Trump call an athlete during an interview, producing a hagiographic documentary about Trump, Dana speaking as a company representative during a party convention, or all the lobbying the UFC does or the old Fight for the Troops series the UFC used to do. Billion dollar companies have politics, people just want to pretend that the UFC doesn't have politics when it aligns with their preferences.

Dana is a lot of things but he is a big part of the sport. When he goes The UFC is going to be more corporatized and pusified so enjoy this while it lasts. I’m not even a fan of Dana but at least he keeps things moving and keeps the wokeness out of the UFC for the most part.

More corporate and pussified than it already is?

62007809_10157175693121276_2254501154840903680_n.jpg

When Rob Manfred is no longer running MLB, that is when Dana White will step down from his post and turn over the reigns.

Yes there's a lot of pieces behind the curtain that make the show run, but Dana really was the difference maker from 2001-2007 when it took off. Fertitas were literally starting the process of shutting the UFC down right before TuF got underway. And the rest is history

UFC ain't some regular sports league. There's no unions so you have to deal with fighters on an individual basis. It's a pain in the ass. Just look at what Dana's dealing with regarding Ngannou. It's now spilled out into the media. Before that it was Diego Sanchez and Fabia. And then before that it was Jones not wanting to fight Francis and leaking stuff to the media. A regular business guy would have no fuckin clue how to deal with these fighters
Dana thought TUF was a bad idea and didn't wanna do it. The Fertittas pressed on with it.
Rich Franklin is more than capable of replacing Dana and should be at the top of the list when Dana steps down.

More corporate and pussified than it already is?

62007809_10157175693121276_2254501154840903680_n.jpg

MMA is inherently awesome because you can get to top of the world regardless of race, gender, religion or orientation (see Amanda, how many different nationalities are champs).

No one is against all people having equal chances, but everyone hates this empty virtue signalling and this has been relatively limited thanks to Dana - they still do some marketing bs like what you posted, but don’t slap it on our faces like the NBA

Coker would be starstruck. He is good for a B-level promotion.
bullshit.
He was the CEO of Strikeforce and the current President of Bellator MMA.
He is liked by many top fighters. Far more than Dana.

MMA is inherently awesome because you can get to top of the world regardless of race, gender, religion or orientation (see Amanda, how many different nationalities are champs).

No one is against all people having equal chances, but everyone hates this empty virtue signalling and this has been relatively limited thanks to Dana - they still do some marketing bs like what you posted, but don’t slap it on our faces like the NBA
Agree on the first part. I think it's pretty cool.

"No one is against all people having equal chances." - You're crazy if you don't think there are bigots who would gladly deny the rights and opportunities of others for whatever reasons. But in fairness that isn't Dana White which is who we talkin' bout.

Coker, Sefo, Randy, Rich Franklin would all be more than capable of doing Dana's job. He's a red manbaby with a hooker and gambling addiction, he's not special.

He may be a red manbaby, but he's OUR red manbaby. What other sports organization has a character like Dana?

full
ezgif-3-db9b260f88be.gif

ezgif-2-f1e7f43e55c8.jpg

bullshit.
He was the CEO of Strikeforce and the current President of Bellator MMA.
He is liked by many top fighters. Far more than Dana.

The UFC is a Ferrari compared to those promotions. Coker is driving Mustangs. Nails are needed for the Ferraris.

I've been saying it for years, Dana needs to go. He is egotistical ,greedy, corrupt, and just paints a bad picture for MMA. His level of pettiness and vindictiveness are freakin hilarious for someone who Is president of a multibillion dollar company. And I'm sure most of the fighters hate him.

But on the other hand I don't believe anyone else can be president of the UFC and make it work the way Dana can. Part of the reason why Dana has been so successful with the UFC is because the nature of the sport/business requires a little bit of street smarts and social IQ. Dana has these things. He was brought up in the slums of Boston and he barely graduated high school. Be he was involved with fighting from a young age and knew fighter personalities well. No one deals with fighters the way Dana can. It's a mix of business savvy and streets smart. A kid from Harvard business school would shit his pants trying to Dana's job.

It makes me sad to say but Dana will have to stay. The moment he leaves the ship will start sinking.
Grass Is always greener. Easy to hate kinda guy, but at the same point, a suit is gonna be way less exciting

It's going to be a dark day when Dana is no longer president of the UFC.

Back