I wish Dana would go but I dont think anyone else could run the UFC

Chael Sonnen could do it.

Brian Stann could also pull it off if he wanted to.

It is a figurehead position.

Dana is hugely entertaining and very good at what he does. Most of the fanbase gravitates towards him. His press conferences and interviews generally set the narrative and weekly talking points for the sport.

Yeah, we end up with some Woke Left Prick who makes fighters kneel and wear BLM tees.

Dana keeps the BS politics out of the UFC, so he's fine with me.

WME's CEO is quite the woke left prick, so don't be surprised when it happens.

Coker, Sefo, Randy, Rich Franklin would all be more than capable of doing Dana's job. He's a red manbaby with a hooker and gambling addiction, he's not special.
I hadn't thought of Franklin, solid pick.

I've been saying it for years, Dana needs to go. He is egotistical ,greedy, corrupt, and just paints a bad picture for MMA. His level of pettiness and vindictiveness are freakin hilarious for someone who Is president of a multibillion dollar company. And I'm sure most of the fighters hate him.

But on the other hand I don't believe anyone else can be president of the UFC and make it work the way Dana can. Part of the reason why Dana has been so successful with the UFC is because the nature of the sport/business requires a little bit of street smarts and social IQ. Dana has these things. He was brought up in the slums of Boston and he barely graduated high school. Be he was involved with fighting from a young age and knew fighter personalities well. No one deals with fighters the way Dana can. It's a mix of business savvy and streets smart. A kid from Harvard business school would shit his pants trying to Dana's job.

It makes me sad to say but Dana will have to stay. The moment he leaves the ship will start sinking.

Would be nice with Joe Biden there.

I recall calling for Scott Coker to take his place.
I still think it would work better.

Dana could work on the background, but not as the fact of the UFC nor as the interface with fighters.
That would work out amazingly well, I think!

Coker would be starstruck. He is good for a B-level promotion.

I've been saying it for years, Dana needs to go. He is egotistical ,greedy, corrupt, and just paints a bad picture for MMA. His level of pettiness and vindictiveness are freakin hilarious for someone who Is president of a multibillion dollar company. And I'm sure most of the fighters hate him.

But on the other hand I don't believe anyone else can be president of the UFC and make it work the way Dana can. Part of the reason why Dana has been so successful with the UFC is because the nature of the sport/business requires a little bit of street smarts and social IQ. Dana has these things. He was brought up in the slums of Boston and he barely graduated high school. Be he was involved with fighting from a young age and knew fighter personalities well. No one deals with fighters the way Dana can. It's a mix of business savvy and streets smart. A kid from Harvard business school would shit his pants trying to Dana's job.

It makes me sad to say but Dana will have to stay. The moment he leaves the ship will start sinking.

maxresdefault.jpg

deepfake-dr-evil-joe-rogan-1200x630.jpg

We need a lesser A hole, so maybe a mini Dana would work, like mini me on Austin Powers. Evil but not too evil...Any suggestions?

Coker, Sefo, Randy, Rich Franklin would all be more than capable of doing Dana's job. He's a red manbaby with a hooker and gambling addiction, he's not special.
Rich franklin is the only one on this list i would give a chance of succeeding. He does have experience as one championship vice president en fight series ceo and seems like a hard worker who gets respect from other athletes.

Looking at who "helms" other Orgs - no thanks...

Totally agree. I can't stand him, but the dude is a legit manager and has been the driving force behind the UFC's success. People saying Cormier or Sonnen should take over DO NOT GET IT, and/or high AF. It's an incredibly difficult job requiring a very particular set of skills.

taken-liam-neeson.jpg

Plenty of other people could run the UFC, but could they run it in a way that keeps the business profitable? Doubtful. Fighter pay is a simmering issue that takes a deft hand to suppress. We often hear complaints about Dana's tricks that he uses to achieve his goals, but they work. They work because they are hard tactics, and sometimes dirty, but they are a means to an end. Are others willing to do that? Can they even if they wanted to? Not everyone can pull it off the way he does. Most can't. Remember, the revival of the UFC came under the stewardship of Dana, and his pals, who area "affiliated," if you catch my drift.

Dana is a lot of things but he is a big part of the sport. When he goes The UFC is going to be more corporatized and pusified so enjoy this while it lasts. I’m not even a fan of Dana but at least he keeps things moving and keeps the wokeness out of the UFC for the most part.

LOL That's some cult-of-personality-level stuff right there. Any number of Joe Shmoes could do it with a business degree/some business/sport savvy. And that's just the Joe Shmoes. There's probably tens of thousands of people who could do it better. Believing there aren't is just narrow-mindedness. That's like believing there can't be ANYBODY better than your first high school girlfriend because that's all you've ever known. Very much like that, actually, and just as toxic.

Good. Hopefully another org takes over. One fc with it's legal knees on the ground and muay thai would be awesome in US.

....OneFC is a promotion. Their presence in the US isn't going to change the unified rules which the athletic commissions approve.

Dana is a lot of things but he is a big part of the sport. When he goes The UFC is going to be more corporatized and pusified so enjoy this while it lasts. I’m not even a fan of Dana but at least he keeps things moving and keeps the wokeness out of the UFC for the most part.
<PlusJuan>

This is by far the most important comment in this thread. Once Dana is gone, there is a huge risk he’ll be replaced by an Adam Silver type of guy who will suck all the fun out of the UFC

Yeah, we end up with some Woke Left Prick who makes fighters kneel and wear BLM tees.

Dana keeps the BS politics out of the UFC, so he's fine with me.

Why would the fighters be kneeling...?

You sound like an angry little man.

Conor should run the UFC, not even joking

Back