I will make 1 thread instead of 2: Just watched 1st round of JDS vs Cain II....

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by supark, Oct 15, 2013.

1. supark

supark Guest

...and here is what I think: I will not bet on Cain even though it might look he is a big favorite because in MMA you never know: Because if JDS finds a way to deal with the constant pressure Cain brings, then this might be an even fight.

So this is the first thing I wanted to say in this thread and instead of making another thread, I will just say the other thing right here: I watched Cain's fights (not all of them, but basically all his fights with high caliber opponents) and as I said I just watched round 1 of Cain vs JDS II and something just went through my head: Fedor would beat Cain and I have no doubt about that really. Cain is an awesome fighter, but Fedor just had much faster hands. Look at Fedor's fights and tell me Cain's hands are as fast as Fedor's. Cain has fast hands, but Fedor has super-super fast hands. Furthermore Fedor has probably the highest fighting IQ of any heavyweight ever. Cain's IQ is called "pressure, pressure and more pressure til the opponent falls".
    But Fedor's fighting IQ was multi-dimensional and didn't only consist of pressuring your opponent til his stamina lets him down or til I connect with something.

Some people said if Cain beats JDS decisively, then he is the Heavyweight MMA Goat, surpassing Fedor. I see it like this: watch 2 rounds of Cain and then 2 rounds of Fedor and then tell me with a straight face that you really think Cain would beat him because in my opinion Fedor beats Cain 9 times out of 10 or at least 8 times out of 10.

2. TenThousandDays**

TenThousandDays** White Belt

I think Fedor will beat Cain in a 7 game series, 4-3.

3. jiujitsuforever

jiujitsuforever Banned Banned

north carolina: aka most bipolar weather on the ea
    cain will be the heavyweight goat..if he gets more top wins and goes undefeated for 10 years

4. IloveTHIS

IloveTHIS Gold Belt

I agree Fedor would beat Cain and I dont think it would be much trouble either.

I also favor him against JDS, but it would be much closer.

5. Claude

Claude Red Belt

Cain has neither the striking, the groundgame or the chin to beat a prime Fedor.

He's a great fighter though.

6. magnitude

magnitude Orange Belt

True

7. Xaa

Xaa Purple Belt

Fedor has faster hands than Bigfoot too and he got beat to a pulp.

8. istay

istay Purple Belt

[​IMG]

I'd say his hand speed is comparable

9. magnitude

magnitude Orange Belt

I think cain would had negated the takedowns from prime Fedor. But fedor would had destroyed Cain in the standup. Jds would had been taken down and submitted by a prime fedor. Fedors sambo was no joke.

10. EliteLurker

EliteLurker Black Belt

Prime vs. Prime doesn't really matter since they didn't overlap. Had they fought though Cain would have smashed him since Fedor was on the downside, just look at who Fedor was losing to. Those guys aren't beating Cain (see both bigfoot fights for examples).

But obviously Cain isn't the best HW ever if he beats JDS again. Longevity is something people just overlook way to much.

11. PowermmA

PowermmA Purple Belt

This

12. EliteLurker

EliteLurker Black Belt

I wasn't going to post again int his thread but you think Fedor could take down JDS your fucking high.

13. supark

supark Guest

By the way, that combo took out a past prime Nogueira, not a prime Noguiera. But: I agree Cain has faster hands than most other Heavyweights, but Fedor's hands are way faster than Cain's. Watch e.g. Fedor vs Coleman II or some other Fedor fight and look at his hands, those are hands of a fast welterweight or even a lightweight.

14. Claude

Claude Red Belt

Problem is, he didn't have the speed, power or explosiveness he used to have. Even his coach admited he had slowed down and that was before the Werdum fight.

15. MC King

MC King Green Belt

yeah what good was Fedors hand speed against Bigfoot?

You have no proof that Fedor would beat Cain, so this is another mindless assumption thread.

Cain > Bigfoot > Fedor .

Cain would crush Fedor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Learn to use MMA Math Bro. It never fails

16. Claude

Claude Red Belt

Excellent proof that Nogueria was out of prime and his legendary chin was done.

17. Xaa

Xaa Purple Belt

I see, this is one of those Fedor, Nog, Cro-Cop, Wanderlei were all past their prime the moment the UFC bought Pride threads.

18. supark

supark Guest

My personal opinion is Fedor was almost done when he fought Bigfoot. Didn't Brett Rogers also almost knock Fedor out 2 fights earlier? He was clearly in decline and when you look at all the miles he had on him.....

Same with Nogueira when Cain knocked him out. A prime Nogueira would have eaten that combo like a piece of cake and smiled at Cain.

19. MC King

MC King Green Belt

Prime Nog never existed, it was just a Pride making everyone think they were fighting elites. He almost lost to Bob Sapp for crying out loud

20. Claude

Claude Red Belt

:icon_lol: