I will definitely say MMA is more fun with multiple organizations

Mattitude V1

WAR CONDIT
@Silver
Reaction score
I don't buy into the BS about how this is somehow a WWE/WCW scenario where the UFC is just lazy and can make their promotion better on a whim if "pushed."

But I will say it was fun to see MMA presented differently with the Bellator PPV. The "dick rider" stuff and then uncensored fight hype videos.

It was fun.

I don't think the UFC should do anything Bellator did last night, but it's just fun to see other organizations go where the UFC can't go. Like giving Tito a fight against a blown up welterweight with no really bottom game to speak of.

It's dumb and it's fun.

I was entertained and left feeling I got my moneys worth. Something I cant say for a lot of the recent UFC PPV's. I would definitely order another Bellator PPV it was fun.

The fights aren't... there is more drama when there is multiple orgs. MMA hipsters claiming that the level of competition is the same saying guys in other orgs would easily be UFC champ.

If you like the drama on the forum more than competitive MMA fights then yeah it's good.

I agree. It was just something different and I enjoyed it.

While that was true in the days of Strikeforce and WEC, not so much nowadays with so many UFC events. You get enough from UFC alone.

The fights aren't... there is more drama when there is multiple orgs. MMA hipsters claiming that the level of competition is the same saying guys in other orgs would easily be UFC champ.

If you like the drama on the forum more than competitive MMA fights then yeah it's good.

I'm not too sure about that. I feel like Volkov and Minakov could easily crush most of the HW division. Volkov looked fucking great last night.

I'm not too sure about that. I feel like Volkov and Minakov could easily crush most of the HW division. Volkov looked fucking great last night.

Minikov could maybe make the low top 10. Volkov would get steamrolled. It's easy to look good against crap competition. Kongo has been very good in Bellator and has only lost to Minokov in a LnP decision. Yet Kongo got KOed easily by Hunt and Nelson and Mir Subbed him fast after dropping him with a punch. Kongo spent 7 years in the UFC and never sniffed a title shot. He goes to Bellator and is given one in less than a year.

It was a good PPV. The top guys in Bellator could hang in the UFC but there isn't nearly the same amount of depth.

Other orgs in the past have proven to have a ton of top fighters also.
Pride had more talent than the UFC when they went head to head. Also Strikeforce and WEC had a lot of top talent.

I agree that it's good for mma fighters and fans.

It's funny that people call Shlemenko a blown up welterweight now, Before this fight people had him in the top 10-15 mw rankings and, Before this fight most people picked Shlemenko to win via body shots now he's a blown up Welterweight.

Fabio/Stipe is the same kind of match-up as Tito/Shlemenko btw.

I agree that it's good for mma fighters and fans.

It's funny that people call Shlemenko a blown up welterweight now, Before this fight people had him in the top 10-15 mw rankings and, Before this fight most people picked Shlemenko to win via body shots now he's a blown up Welterweight.

Fabio/Stipe is the same kind of match-up as Tito/Shlemenko btw.

True.

Without competition the UFC would not push themselves to make their product better. People can talk all they want about how Bellator is scrambling to take UFC's recent cuts but obviously as we saw yesterday (even though one was a close decision and another was Ortiz weighing more) they still have fight left in them.

Minikov could maybe make the low top 10. Volkov would get steamrolled. It's easy to look good against crap competition. Kongo has been very good in Bellator and has only lost to Minokov in a LnP decision. Yet Kongo got KOed easily by Hunt and Nelson and Mir Subbed him fast after dropping him with a punch. Kongo spent 7 years in the UFC and never sniffed a title shot. He goes to Bellator and is given one in less than a year.

I would definitely give Volkov a chance against Mir, Nelson and Hunt. He's about in their league. I would bet Minakov above Mir and Nelson. Hunt would be a toss up.

Kongo also lost a boring lnp decision to Cain so stupid reasoning is STUPID

I would definitely give Volkov a chance against Mir, Nelson and Hunt. He's about in their league. I would bet Minakov above Mir and Nelson. Hunt would be a toss up.

Maybe Mir but that's because Mir is a shell of his former self. Like I said Minakov could maybe hover at the bottom of the top 10. But Kongo is his best win to date, he still needs work.

Maybe Mir but that's because Mir is a shell of his former self. Like I said Minakov could maybe hover at the bottom of the top 10. But Kongo is his best win to date, he still needs work.

at the end of the day you only talk bad about their hw

michael chandler and eddie alvarez, and will brooks too, top level

at the end of the day you only talk bad about their hw

michael chandler and eddie alvarez, and will brooks too, top level
They are obviously talented fighters. But UFC has talented fighters ranked all the way into the 30's and 40's at LW. They have 90 LWs under contract. It's hard to assess where guys like Eddie, Chandler, and Brooks would fall into that group without crossover opponents. Right Now I would put Eddie low end top 10 and Chandler and Brooks as top 15 based on their current accomplishments vs losses.

Last edited:
Can you picture resurected PrideFC under the leadership of a peer to Dana and focusing on eastern euro and asian fighter? i dream

All under Zuffa hat... the unification bouts , etc.

Back