Media "I will box whether UFC likes it or not"

I would wear a cardboard belt.

But yes, using their name and brand which really helped get him into the ring.
Then Ngannou should let his contract expire.
His contract IS expired. He's trying to negotiate a new deal with the ufc that allows him to box also.
He doesn't want to walk away from the ufc. He wants to be allowed to box while in the ufc as the champ.

My worries, as the ufc, is we allow ngannou to box and after he gets his payday he never fights again.

Fury didn't even mention Ngannou once in his post fight speech after winning today lmao.

Fury seems to have forgotten all about Ngannou

Good for Frank. Lay your terms and price down. If the Ultimate Circus doesn’t like it then move on to better things.
Both will move on, specially the UFC, while Francis loses his "leverage" for a boxing payday, no title, no UFC machinery promoting the fight like in the MayMac fight.

Not evil at all. The UFC is in the right for not allowing him to box.

The UFC has been his promoter for 7 years and to be quite frank, they've made Francis who he is. Of course he's the fighter and he's certainly built himself up with performances and becoming the best HW in the world. But it's the fact he's doing with the UFC and its their status + promotional ability that has made him a star. The only reason this fight is be being considered is because he's with the UFC. If he was the ONE Fc or Bellator champ, this wouldn't even be on the table.

It's one thing is Francis ends his career with the UFC and moves on to boxing. But it's another if he's still the champ and with the organization. He's got duties to fulfill and it's not the UFC priority for him to box somewhere else and get a pay day.

May/Mac was a one of. They tried it and Dana said he wouldn't do it again. And Francis just isn't Conor.

I enjoyed May/Mac a lot and it was fun. But as a mma fan, it held up the divisions and wasn't great for the sport. It was great for Conor.
Interesting alternative perspective.
I think many disagree.
I think Ngannou left a lot of money on the table by staying on that contract. I don't know if it's going to be worth it.

Since Fury doesnt want to box him anymore, he should use the leverage he got by being a pain in the ass to get a juicy contract at least on par with Izzy. He could clear out the division and make some easy money, plus he might even get the Jones fight (probably not tho being realistic).

you do get francis wouldnt gert 50 to 100 million like conor. francis vs fury wouldnt sell 4.6 million ppvs.
If he gets 25 plus a cut of the PPV, the same as Deontay Wilder, Ngannou would have made many times more than he has in his entire UFC career. It won’t matter if he boxes again after that.

Yes dummy… you never heard the phrase “‘modern day slavery”.

No you stated Ngannou was practically a slave, which is just ridiculous. So you are being called out on being a clown.

Check the definition of 'slave' , and then come back and tell me if you actually believe he is one.

I assume he's talking about boxing Tyson Fury. That is a mismatch of epic proportions. He would have no more chance of being competitive in that fight than Joe Shit the ragman. It actually shouldn't even get sanctioned.
Fury moved on and is going to fight an actual boxer in Usyk.

No you stated Ngannou was practically a slave, which is just ridiculous. So you are being called out on being a clown.

Check the definition of 'slave' , and then come back and tell me if you actually believe he is one.

No you illiterate dipshit…

I said:
Crazy to see fighters feel like slaves...

Which is the correlation to “modern day slavery”…

Wherein employers sign their employees to ironclad contracts and don’t give them freedom of choice to move around and make more money.

Which is what Dana does… it doesn’t matter if Ngannou makes “millions”.

The point is he is trapped into a contract that only favors his employers and their whims and has no recourse to move in a direction of his own discretion - without some sort of legal challenge or lawsuit.

Hence the comparison to Qatari construction workers. The pay disparity between them is not the point you illiterate fool. The iron clad contract and no freedom of movement is.

Clearly your high school GED doesn’t help you understand complex conversations with nuances to it. Everything is literal to your illiterate brain. <{Heymansnicker}>

If he gets 25 plus a cut of the PPV, the same as Deontay Wilder, Ngannou would have made many times more than he has in his entire UFC career. It won’t matter if he boxes again after that.

there no way francis who not seen as a ppv selling ufc star can demand elite boxing money when francis is the b side. conor had a huge following so helped him get what he got from him and floyd going all race baiting when selling the fight. that why it sold 4 million ppvs.

i be shocked if fury vs francis did 1 million buys.

but wilder vs fury was the biggest fight in 2021. so that make the most money. fury vs francis wont have the same level of impact.

Back