I will admit that I don't think Jones to HW makes sense for him at this point of his career.

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Fighting Father time is coming. Jones is an incredible athlete and an incredible fighter. Obviously one of the GOAT. Jones hasnt looked invincable in a while like he used to against Rua, Lyoto, Jackson, Belfort etc. Just like GSP didnt look invincable against Bisping even though he won. You can see that if they stay active that a loss is on the way. Jones is a little late in his career to move to HW. Yes HW is shallow but any of those guys can put you out as is proven by the volatile belt history at HW. I think Jones beats a lot of HWs but I don't see him racking up consistent wins there. Stipe, Ngannou, Blaydes, etc.. those are much tougher fights than Reyes and Santos.

Jones gets killed at heavyweight bro.

not a goat, the same way Anderson isn’t in the list due to peds... but jones was a good fighter to say the least. He lost to gus, and that is shameful because rumble knocked gus out. So we all know rumble would knock jones out.

I give him a decent shot to beat Stipe, but gets bludgeoned by Ngannou or Blaydes the strength and size disadvantage is too significant.

not a goat, the same way Anderson isn’t in the list due to peds... but jones was a good fighter to say the least. He lost to gus, and that is shameful because rumble knocked gus out. So we all know rumble would knock jones out.

Jones has the best fight IQ ever but watching him fight recently has become like watching paint dry.

When did he lose to Gus

Why would Rumble knock out jones because he knocked out Gus. Jones has never been Knocked out, so what MMA math are you using.

Last edited:
When did he lose to Gus

Why would Rumble knock out jones because he knocked out Gus. Jones has never been Knocked out, so what MMA math are you using.
Jones lost to gus the first fight. Everyone knows that.

And rumble is just too powerful for jones to deal with. First punch rumble lands jones will get knocked out.

Everyone is on peds just not everyone gets caught

Jones has the best fight IQ ever but watching him fight recently has become like watching paint dry.

So getting your face beat black and blue is high fight IQ? Limping from damage post fight is high fight IQ? Going to hospital post fight from damage is high fight IQ? All that done whilst having 1 FOOT of height and reach on 99.99% of the shopworn midgets he faced, PEDS and endless in the Octagon cheating! This BS narrative of Jones having the best fight IQ ever needs to stop.

This is what high fight IQ looks like:

KHABIB GOAT.jpg

Everyone is on peds just not everyone gets caught
No- only jones and Anderson got caught and they are eliminated from goat discussion.

Last edited:
He's just beaten everyone at LHW people want to see him really challenged vs fresh matchups, guys like Ngannou or Stipe are those fights.

He can beat top 10 HW but can he take shots from Ngannou or deal with the overall game of Stipe?

Staying and ruling LHW was probably his best move, he could have rematched Reyes and if he won could be talking about a mega fight with Izzy right now.

We'll see what his next move is. He's in a good spot though with Stipe/Ngannou and Jan/Izzy, could have his pick of either winner.

Nah dude. Jones beat Gus. Fair and square. It was a close exciting fight and Jones pulled it off in the last round. Jones haters need to find a way to cope. I'm no Jones nuthugger and wouldn't mind seeing Jones get KTFO, but no one has beat him yet so I'm not holding my breath. Name me one champ in a combat sport that has looked invincible 100% of the time. Jones looked invincible a lot longer than just about anyone else and fought fucking killers. Gotta admit, its damn hard to be a fan of the guy, so I prefer to let the facts speak for themselves.

Nah dude. Jones beat Gus. Fair and square. It was a close exciting fight and Jones pulled it off in the last round. Jones haters need to find a way to cope. I'm no Jones nuthugger and wouldn't mind seeing Jones get KTFO, but no one has beat him yet so I'm not holding my breath. Name me one champ in a combat sport that has looked invincible 100% of the time. Jones looked invincible a lot longer than just about anyone else and fought fucking killers. Gotta admit, its damn hard to be a fan of the guy, so I prefer to let the facts speak for themselves.
Gus, Santos and Reyes have already beaten jones.

Cmon son.

So getting your face beat black and blue is high fight IQ? Limping from damage post fight is high fight IQ? Going to hospital post fight from damage is high fight IQ? All that done whilst having 1 FOOT of height and reach on 99.99% of the shopworn midgets he faced, PEDS and endless in the Octagon cheating! This BS narrative of Jones having the best fight IQ ever needs to stop.

View attachment 812798
Jones fights adult sized people though

Gus, Santos and Reyes have already beaten jones.

Cmon son.
Oh god. Good thing you aren't a ref or a judge....cuz you're a fool. Close, but your bias would have resulted in bad decisions....

Fighting Father time is coming.

Jones is a little late in his career to move to HW.

Stipe, Ngannou, Blaydes, etc..
You're forgetting a very important detail. Heavyweights, in general, are old.

Jones just turned 33 a few months ago. But Father Time is coming for him and not Stipe? Stipe is 38.

Ngannou is 34. I bet 95% of fans don't realize that he is older than Jones. By the way, Jones has a 1.5-inch reach advantage over him.

Blaydes is 29, but his game is wrestling, not trying to knock people out. Jones has a 4.5-inch reach advantage over him.

Jairzinho is 32. He is only 8 months younger than Jones. Jones has a 6.5-inch reach advantage over him.

Lewis is 35. He turns 36 in 3 months.

Overeem is 40.

Volkov is 32. He's 2-2 in his last 4 fights. Jones has a 4.5-inch reach advantage over him.

JDS is 36. He turns 37 in 2 months.

Abdurakhimov is 39.

Sakai is 29. He was just outclassed by Overeem. He also recently went to split decisions with Ivanov and Arlovski. Jones has a 7.5-inch reach advantage over him.

Oleinik is 43.

That's the Top 10. Jones is much younger than most of them. And the few younger heavyweights don't match up well against him.

Last edited:
Oh god. Good thing you aren't a ref or a judge....cuz you're a fool. Close, but your bias would have resulted in bad decisions....
No bias here son.

jones lost all those fights.

rumble would knock him out with the first pawing jab too.

View attachment 812798
Great post.

View attachment 812798
Except Hendricks was a more well rounded and dangerous opponent than any of the guys on Khabibs list.

Gus was a bad stylistic matchup. Jones did show good fight IQ by trying to take Gus down, when that wasn’t working for him he decided to commit to striking and clinch.

Back