I went to the dog park next to a homeless shelter - crazy woman going on a rant

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I went with my dog to a dog park. The city put in a homeless shelter next to the dog park maybe a year ago.

I was there maybe 45 minutes and the whole time I was there some homeless lady with mental problems was yelling about her problems and that people should care about her. I think she was trying to give a motivation speech to other homeless folks there but they were trying to ignore her.

She would point at a homeless person and say something like you are supposed to be the head of the household. You should get your shit together. I worked my ass off and I still got here. You should care about me and yourself because no one cares about me. It didn't really make sense.

When someone is standing there going on a rant like that I think I am not unusual and try to find some pattern to try to make sense of what she was trying to say. But she was incoherent just yelling whatever came into her that moment.

It is sad but I think dogs at the park made more sense than she did. At least in general you kind of had an idea what the dog's next move would be if you watched the dogs. I didn't have any idea what this lady was capable.

I hope she gets the help she needs.

I haven't ever had to stay at a homeless shelter but I would think the worst thing about a homeless shelter is the people who have mental problems who will single out people. You would not be able to sleep comfortably when people like her are around.

so dogs > homeless people?

I don't think it would be a major issue. Seriously if someone like that is driving you crazy you either fuck with them or tell them to shut the fuck up.

Radio talk show host Dennis Prager says some people's moral compass is off because they would save their dog over a stranger if both say fell into a river and were drowning.

Well, I would save my dog over the lady I saw today.

She was fat, loud, and had mental health issues. I cannot solve those problems for her. I save my dog from drowning and we would be cool until he died.

I hope the homeless shelter puts her in contact with someone who can provide her some help that she needs.

Radio talk show host Dennis Prager says some people's moral compass is off because they would save their dog over a stranger if both say fell into a river and were drowning.

She was fat, loud, and had mental health issues. I cannot solve those problems for her. I save my dog from drowning and we would be cool until he died.

I hope the homeless shelter puts her in contact with someone who can provide her some help that she needs.

Dennis Prager either doesn't have a dog or he doesn't have a very good relationship with his dog.

I would save my dog over a bus load of drowning orphans (and I'm deadly serious about that).

Say what you want about my moral compass being off, but my obligation comes to my family first (dog included).

As for the homeless person, you would be surprised how much they just want someone to talk to. People view them as a nuisance, or at best, hand them money with a little more than a quick smile before being on there way.

At the end of the day though, they are simply down on their luck people who want attention like the rest of us (assuming they don't have a mental illness)

Dennis Prager either doesn't have a dog or he doesn't have a very good relationship with his dog.

Goddamn right. I had to put my lab down two years ago and it kills me every day still. There isn't a lot I wouldn't have done to save her.

Goddamn right. I had to put my lab down two years ago and it kills me every day still. There isn't a lot I wouldn't have done to save her.

Let's see:
Always there for you and happy to see you.
Always trying to please you.
Always forgiving.
Always watching you to read your mood.
Never too tired to spend time with you, go on a walk with you, or just be around you.
Never playing mindfuck games with you.

Yeah, there's a reason dogs are considered man's best friend. Too bad about your lab. Those are great dogs.

I went with my dog to a dog park. The city put in a homeless shelter next to the dog park maybe a year ago.

I was there maybe 45 minutes and the whole time I was there some homeless lady with mental problems was yelling about her problems and that people should care about her. I think she was trying to give a motivation speech to other homeless folks there but they were trying to ignore her.

She would point at a homeless person and say something like you are supposed to be the head of the household. You should get your shit together. I worked my ass off and I still got here. You should care about me and yourself because no one cares about me. It didn't really make sense.

When someone is standing there going on a rant like that I think I am not unusual and try to find some pattern to try to make sense of what she was trying to say. But she was incoherent just yelling whatever came into her that moment.

It is sad but I think dogs at the park made more sense than she did. At least in general you kind of had an idea what the dog's next move would be if you watched the dogs. I didn't have any idea what this lady was capable.

I hope she gets the help she needs.

I haven't ever had to stay at a homeless shelter but I would think the worst thing about a homeless shelter is the people who have mental problems who will single out people. You would not be able to sleep comfortably when people like her are around.

I generally tend to just tune people out that are that annoying like they were my exwife and pay attention to my dogs instead when at a dog park.

Sorry to hear about your dog.

My dog is a weird creature.

He loves the dog park and plays well with other dogs.

He pretty much always has the same pattern when he gets home. He eats his breakfast and then humps his pillow. Yes, he has a hump pillow. He was nuertered long ago but that doesn't stop him. He never tries to mount other dogs at the park but being around all the other dogs must get him horny and want to fuck something. Then lets his dick hangs all the way out to the point where he cannot walk.

He has a good life.

I generally tend to just tune people out that are that annoying like they were my exwife and pay attention to my dogs instead when at a dog park.

You couldn't ignore her. She was yelling and had a loud voice and could be heard across the whole park and it is a pretty good sized park.

There is a fence between the park and the homeless shelter so she wasn't even at the park. She wasn't a threat to anyone or the dogs. But I wouldn't feel comfortable sleeping around someone in the shelter like that who had mental health issues like her and who had a lot of anger and singled out people.

Back