I Was Wrong

YeahNo

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I have been saying since her loss to Holmes that Rousey would never enter the octagon again. I expected that once this fight was announced that Rousey would cancel at some point before the event.

It was clear to me after the Holmes KO that Rousey was broken. From the purple pillow episode, to the suicidal thoughts, to the huge weight gain, to the media avoidance (among several other things), I couldn't imagine that she's ever pull herself together to show up on fight night.

Well, I was wrong. She did show up. She did far more that I expected just by walking into the cage. That said, she was, and is, broken and did not show up to fight. She may have trained, but she did not show up to do anything other than to be able to say she got back on the horse.

So, I guess that's the last we'll hear from Rousey, unless there's some stream of excuses coming (e.g. injured, sun was in her eyes, etc)

If you call that BS showing up. She always had a lot to say when she was beating average woman who believed her hype of the undeveloped WMMA world. She is the ultimate Coward and can disappear forever. Bubye now!

She was deluded. Her skills are not near the level they need to be for her to be as good as she allowed herself to believe she was. I thought that head kick taught her that and she would retire as well. Its this delusion that held back her growth and evolution as a fighter as her competition has rapidly improved.

unless there's some stream of excuses coming (e.g. injured, sun was in her eyes, etc)

Lol...I could see Edmund coming up with some bullshit to try and win the sympathy vote like...

"Ronda was pregnant, so she couldn't train properly and Amanda was in there beating up a pregnant woman, how can you guys cheer for that?! Ronda is still the champ and so is her unborn child"

If you call that BS showing up. She always had a lot to say when she was beating average woman who believed her hype of the undeveloped WMMA world. She is the ultimate Coward and can disappear forever. Bubye now!

I was defining "showing up" as physically entering the cage. All definitions for showing up are not created equal ;)

She was deluded. Her skills are not near the level they need to be for her to be as good as she allowed herself to believe she was. I thought that head kick taught her that and she would retire as well. Its this delusion that held back her growth and evolution as a fighter as her competition has rapidly improved.

I think she bought into a ton of ridiculousness:

1. I'm a real fighter
2. My competition is good
3. I am unbeatable
etc...the list goes on.

I think her delusion is what made her win. I mean, if she had realized that she was fighting in a division where no one can really fight, don't you think she wouldn't have said so many stupid things? I doubt she would have ever compared herself to male fighters.

Lol...I could see Edmund coming up with some bullshit to try and win the sympathy vote like...

"Ronda was pregnant, so she couldn't train properly and Amanda was in there beating up a pregnant woman, how can you guys cheer for that?! Ronda is still the champ and so is her unborn child"

Lol. That's about what I was thinking.

The Joe Rogans and the Edmunds of this world screwed up Ronda. The excessive ass kissing, and Yes-manning has finally caught up to her.

She wasn't as prepared as Edmund was telling her, and why she did not stay patient and catch Nunez coming in is beyond me.

Again the loss is on her, no excuses, but the hype men around her also filled her up with hot air.

I was right on the Rousey fight.

But fuck me, was I ever wrong on the Cruz/Garbrandt fight.

Props to Cody. Won't ever be a fan of his, but that was one hell of a performance.

The Joe Rogans and the Edmunds of this world screwed up Ronda. The excessive ass kissing, and Yes-manning has finally caught up to her.

She wasn't as prepared as Edmund was telling her, and why she did not stay patient and catch Nunez coming in is beyond me.

Again the loss is on her, no excuses, but the hype men around her also filled her up with hot air.

I think she showed up for the moral victory of fighting again. I think she mentally fragile enough that she couldn't reconcile her life with walking away after the Holmes beating. I don't believe for one second that she came to win. Oh, and I'm sure she needed the money. I'm sure she knows that her movie prospects have disappeared.

I was right on the Rousey fight.

But fuck me, was I ever wrong on the Cruz/Garbrandt fight.

Props to Cody. Won't ever be a fan of his, but that was one hell of a performance.

I thought Cody would take it but not the way he did.

I think she showed up for the moral victory of fighting again. I think she mentally fragile enough that she couldn't reconcile her life with walking away after the Holmes beating. I don't believe for one second that she came to win. Oh, and I'm sure she needed the money. I'm sure she knows that her movie prospects have disappeared.
I do think she wanted to win, but she looked like she was carrying a lot of pressure on her shoulders to prove that the loss was a fluke ( pressure from from the media, her fans, her coaches, family and mostly from her self)

I agree thought, 3 million in the pocket for potentially 25 minutes doesn't hurt!

No she believed she would win. Amanda Nunes is just Michael Johnson with two X chromosomes. Nunes is manlier than Cybrog. Ofcoarse she destroyes Ronda. It wouldve been just as bad on the ground or going into the later rounds.

She learned nothing from her loss to Holm

NOTHING

She still marched towards her opponent with better striking just to get lit up

I do think she wanted to win, but she looked like she was carrying a lot of pressure on her shoulders to prove that the loss was a fluke ( pressure from from the media, her fans, her coaches, family and mostly from her self)

I agree thought, 3 million in the pocket for potentially 25 minutes doesn't hurt!

I think she wanted to win, but 'wanting' and 'actually doing what it takes' are two entirely different things.

Back