I was rooting for Reyes, but I’m really glad he lost. You don’t fight a fifth round like that!

Ya i agree. I cant stand it when guys run in the last seconds of the fight.

Like you not even the champ. The fight is close, and you choose to run? You deserve to lose.
When you do nothing to win the first 3 rounds, you deserve to lose. I agree it was close, not gonna cry robbery. Sometimes the judges just get it wrong.

You're glad someone that won 3 of 5 rounds lost a fight because he lost the 5th round? He didn't take the 5th round off. He was tired. And the 5th round isn't more important than the first 3. Jones winning the 4th and 5th rounds doesn't show why he's a champion when he lost the first 3 rounds. This is nonsense simple people spout to justify horrible judging.

I actually think Dom won, 1 2 and 3, but they were close and not decisive, so considering this, you don't leave it up to the judges.

Dom and his cornermen are idiots.

Give Reyes credit...

He didn’t let his foot off the gas or to take it easy and coast to a decision...

He was tired from fighting a good hard fight.

He didn't "take the round off".

He was tired.

Moreover, it doesn't matter how it looks or how the rounds are spread out.

In a fight full of 10-9 rounds, if you take three of them you win. It could be the first 3, last 3, spread out, with him looking like crap in the title rounds, or anything else.

Maybe he specifically dumped an abnormal amount of cardio and energy into those three rounds with that specific plan in mind (win the first 3 and stay alive the last two...I wouldn't agree with that strategy but it is a possibility)?

If you coast the first 3 rounds of a title fight, while getting outstruck, you deserve an L. Period.
I actually think Dom won, 1 2 and 3, but they were close and not decisive, so considering this, you don't leave it up to the judges.

Dom and his cornermen are idiots.
"you're an idiot for getting tired in the 5th round"

<36> <{RoseRun}>

Last edited:
He was gassed halfway through the fight. He'd replenish his cardio a bit in between rounds and look good for the first minute or so of the next round but then for the final 80% of the round he was breathing hard through his mouth and unable to throw anything that could hurt Jones.

Back