I was rooting for Reyes, but I’m really glad he lost. You don’t fight a fifth round like that!

dragonclaw

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Two things

First, Reyes corner man is a f’en tool. Reyes is going into the fifth in a close fight, with the last round potentially being the deciding factor, and you choose this time to come out of the closet and express your love to him? Seriously man, wtf? How does this help him?

You tell it as it is - you win this last round, finish strong, the championship is yours. Otherwise we walking out of this empty handed.

Second, Reyes stepped off the gas when he was supposed to be gunning it in the fifth.

Reyes has nobody to blame than himself and his idiotic corner man.

Last edited:
Two things

First, Reyes corner man is a f’en tool. Reyes is going into the fifth in a close fight, with the last round potentially being the deciding factor, and you choose this time to come out of the closet and express your love to him? Seriously man, wtf? How does this help him?

You tell it as it is - you win this last round, finish strong, the championship is yours. Otherwise we walking out of this empty handed.

Second, Reyes stepped off the gas when he was supposed to be gunning it in the fifth.

There's nobody to blame for his less than him and his idiotic corner man.
Yeah actually he was tired from beating Jones and winning the first 3 rounds, while Jones was more rested after enduring a beating in the first 3 trying to outlast Reyes.

But cool, you and the refs are both bad at math and the more dumb opinions I see like this that ignore output of the human body, the more I'm reminded how this shit plays out as idiocratic champion-worship about emotion and opinion.

Actually the judges are to blame. Maybe he gave his all to win the first 3 rounds. Having done that should be enough to win the fight as Jones can then only win 2. I'm sick of fighters being blamed for shady judging.

Easy to say that from your couch...

He fought one of the pound for pound greatest fighters and took it to him for three 5 minute rounds... then went through a tough 4th championship round where Jon was the aggressor.

Also... that cornerman was his brother. It's a personal journey and I'm sure his brother knows what to say or what not to say to motivate his brother.

It was a good fight... controversial decision but that's what happens when you leave it in the hands of these dumb ass judges.

I agree. He should of went for it.. He sort of let Jones dictate the fight in the later rounds.

People who have never trained etc spout nonsense like this. This was a title fight in whch he started with an insane pace for the first 3 round, he's not a machine. Please skip rope for longer than 10 mins without stopping and then spout this shit.

I was surprised Reyes was able to fight as well as he did in the 4th and 5th considering his pace in the first 3

I was surprised Reyes was able to fight as well as he did in the 4th and 5th considering his pace in the first 3
I was pretty shocked he could still move his feet and stop/get up from the takedowns. Great cardio.

I feel he blew his wad winning the first 3, and just didn't have anything left in the tank

Saying you're glad he lost because he gave everything he had trying to win the first 3 rounds is kinda poop. Here, have this...

<Varys01>

Two things

Stepped of the gas?? Come on buddy. He didn't decide to just stop fighting. He ran out of gas, a 5 round fight is draining. He just didn't have it in round 5.

Two things

WTF are you talking about? That 5th round wasn't that one sided as you might think. He still landed and still did good. Jon didn't do much either, did he? What did he do that was so amazing? He looked a bit fresher and landed a few more strikes, none of which did anything. You fight a 5th round like that after actually fighting for 20 minutes instead of doing nothing like Jon.

This isn't Pride where we score the fight as a whole

When it's round by round scoring and to anyone competent you're 3-1 up, actually you can fight safe in the 5th round because it doesn't effect how the other rounds are scored

Reyes should be proud of what he accomplished, although he lost, he fought like a champion, great performance from both men.
For the record I scored it 3-2 for Reyes.

I know it's way easier said than done but if Reyes in rounds 4 and 5 peppered jones with shots at like %40 power to score points he would of no doubt got the nod or maybe not because those judges were horrible that whole night. Reyes kept trying to throw all he had into his shots and still trying to KO jones when he was gassed resulting in lumbering shots that would just miss when he should of just went for the decision and not the KO at this point. IDK who follows boxing in here but a long time ago Delahoya fought Felix trinidad and Delahoya decided to take the last 2 rounds completely off just not doing anything because he won earlier rounds and ended up losing the decision. Reyes only knows how to fight one way , go for the finish. Jones on the other hand is really good at doing just enough to win decisions much like the rest of Jackson wink. Reyes needs to learn how to switch gears in a 5 rounder, I think he did enough to win in a close fight. My point is simply that when you do basically nothing during entire rounds even if you are ahead you are at a major risk of judges going against you in a decision

Two things

Fights are judged round-by-round you low-spectrum autist. Reyes won 3 rounds. Jon won 2. None were 10-8 or 10-10. That makes it 48-47 Reyes. I'm not gonna cry robbery, it was close. Other than the 49-46 dickhead, I could see why the scores would be conflicting. But nowhere does it say you have to win round 5. You clowns don't get to make up unwritten rules just to boost the narrative of your shitty opinion. Stop trying to override simple math.

People pretending that Reyes has an EPO get out of jail free card? LOL.

Only certain fighters get a pass from USADA. Reyes isn’t one of them, so he has to rely on the limits of his human endurance. He didn’t have much left at the end, and that isn’t a criticism against him. He gave what he had throughout the fight.

Ya i agree. I cant stand it when guys run in the last seconds of the fight.

Like you not even the champ. The fight is close, and you choose to run? You deserve to lose.

So much salt on these forums when Jones wins lol.

You're glad someone that won 3 of 5 rounds lost a fight because he lost the 5th round? He didn't take the 5th round off. He was tired. And the 5th round isn't more important than the first 3. Jones winning the 4th and 5th rounds doesn't show why he's a champion when he lost the first 3 rounds. This is nonsense simple people spout to justify horrible judging.

Imo Dom won... but you cant give up 4th and 5th rounds like that against a champ who defended so many times. Its too risky.

Back