I was right to question Jones

DivineMind

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A week or so before the fight with Reyes, I asked the question:

Is Jon Jones better or worse than he seems?

When I look at a champ like Khabib, I see complete and utter dominance. He makes guys quit in the ring, and makes it look easy. His wrestling is so damn good that I can't see any other lw on the planet beating him, other than with a fluke KO.

Jones, on the other hand, has a significant amount of very close wins.

DC 1 was a slugfest, with neither fighter looking great by the end. DC 2 was a close match up until the KO (hell DC might have even been winning until that point).

OSP fight was unimpressive. Santos fight was very close, and the guys legs were shot. Gus 1 was very close. Gus 2 jones had a great game plan for, so I'll give him that one.

With all these close wins, is Jon overrated / lucky ? He clearly isn't very dominant. Other than Gus 2, I haven't seen him put on a Khabib style one sided beatdown in a while.

Or is all of this on purpose? As he leaves his athletic prime, maybe he has just adopted a much more careful and meticulous style (like Kobe in his 30s), meaning he is content to get the close wins ? Maybe he is just that good and all this is part of the plan?

Which one is it?

I was torn apart by Sherdoggers and Jones nutriders.

But it seems like my worries were founded. Here we have yet ANOTHER close bout against a worthy opponent.

I think the answer to my question is both better and worse.

Jones is better than he seems. He is highly skilled and methodical. He knew to push the pace against Reyes because he would have been rewarded for it based on Texas scoring - he might have even requested a Houston fight. He does all the little things required to win.

But he's also fading physically. He has definitely left his athletic prime.

The question is, how much time does he have left? Stay tuned

A week or so before the fight with Reyes, I asked the question:

Is Jon Jones better or worse than he seems?

I was torn apart by Sherdoggers and Jones nutriders.

But it seems like my worries were founded. Here we have yet ANOTHER close bout against a worthy opponent.

I think the answer to my question is both better and worse.

Jones is better than he seems. He is highly skilled and methodical. He knew to push the pace against Reyes because he would have been rewarded for it based on Texas scoring - he might have even requested a Houston fight. He does all the little things required to win.

But he's also fading physically. He has definitely left his athletic prime.

The question is, how much time does he have left? Stay tuned

No man can reign forever. But noone has done what Jones has done. Literally noone.

I want you to think about the fact that the guy has not been decisively beaten or finished in 10 years of fighting the best the world has to offer.

That said, he's been in wars and has been fighting for over a decade. Jones seems bored, and seems to be in a different state of mind these days.

No man can reign forever. But noone has done what Jones has done. Literally noone.

I want you to think about the fact that the guy has not been decisively beaten or finished in 10 years of fighting the best the world has to offer.

That said, he's been in wars and has been fighting for over a decade. Jones seems bored, and seems to be in a different state of mind these days.
It's convenient you ignore the years he wasn't fighting for various suspensions in "10 years of fighting" is actually like 7.

It's convenient you ignore the years he wasn't fighting for various suspensions in "10 years of fighting" is actually like 7.

10 years Wrestling Career and 10 years mma career

he fought 20 years

Back