I was mistaken: Garbrandt vs Mcgregor would actually be a competitive fight

OneGloveGracie

Double Yellow Card
@Green
Reaction score

I remember when Garbrandt went after Mcgregor I was laughing thinking he was way over his head messing with the Mac. But I was sorely mistaken. Cody is legit and a fight between him and Mcgregor would be an amazing fight. Cody has the skill and speed to give Mcgregor a tough fight. Not that I think that fight will ever happen but I never thought when I saw Garbrandt on TUF that he would be schooling Cruz in a title fight.

197.gif

Too small, really good boxing though but I feel like McGregor is just too big

Conor is too big and too long for him.

huge reach advantage

combine that with

Conor control of distance, timing, precision, and counter punch

Just stop it now. This fight would look terrible. Conor is making people with 76 reach look bad in the distance against him, and people think someone with 65 reach could do something to him

Last edited:
11 inch of reach advantage

Conor would KO Cody before Cody even sees him

I'm guessing within a day or two Garbrandt will be beating Woodley, Bisping, Cormier and Stipe according to some of the fucking halfwits around here.

65 in reach.

Conor KO in the first round early. Cody has very good boxing but with that reach, he ain't touching Conor, also his precision, accuracy and power will be too much, his left hand is fast as fuck too.

No way bro... Conor is a huge welterweight.

Cody via anything he wants, superior wrestling and boxing. Where are Conor's boxing accolades LMAO? Cody is 40-1

I remember when Garbrandt went after Mcgregor I was laughing thinking he was way over his head messing with the Mac. But I was sorely mistaken. Cody is legit and a fight between him and Mcgregor would be an amazing fight. Cody has the skill and speed to give Mcgregor a tough fight. Not that I think that fight will ever happen but I never thought when I saw Garbrandt on TUF that he would be schooling Cruz in a title fight.

You werent mistaken: No it wouldnt be competitive at all.

I dont think you quite understand what a 20lbs+ weight difference means for guys that size.

Conor was vaporizing guys with single punches at 145 because he was way too big and powerful for them.

He did the same to Alvarez at 155. He was competitive in edging Diaz at 170.

It doesnt matter how good Cody is at 135, it would be a pointless blowout mismatch because of the (very obvious) size/weight disparity.

Think it out more next time.

of course garbrandt is too small.

but i blieve 1 thing....garbrandt is sure as hell not scared of conor and is willing to take him on in a second, in or outside a cage. he strikes me as the guy that's not hesitant at all to get in a fight if he thinks it's what needs to be done.

he was silent all through the smacktalk and when conor said to the guy with the weird hair: what you gonna do, cody immediately reacted and talked back. when conor invited him it took him less than a second to get up and push conor

faber and the others were talking this and that bla bla bla, cody was observing and jumped up to fight when he felt it was enough.

conor might be bigger and stronger, but i dont think garbrandt cares much about that.

I don't think he would do very well against mcgregor. mcgregor is just way too big for him. mcgregor is excellent at controlling the range and he also has amateur boxing experience.
but i think mcgregors kicks would be the deciding factor. if that fight did happen, mcgregor would probably earn his first ko with a kick.

Conor made Eddie look small he's way to big for Cody.

Back