"I was knocked out on my feet like the first time I got hit" - Ronda Rousey

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Is that her excuse?
She says she was knocked out the first time she got hit, she couldn't really see and it was hard to figure out how far Holly was from her.

I rewatched the fight and that didn't look like the case

So she got beat? And considers herself undefeated? And the host fees sorry for Holm? I can't wait for this rematch.

Excuse? So he excuse for losing was that she was knocked out? I don't know if I would count that as an excuse.

Probably the head kick and hammer fists that made her entire memory of the fight hazy.

Her perception of minutes seems to be knocked silly as well.

Nothing she says inspires confidence that she can change anything in a rematch.

I loved how she tried to act like by the next day she felt fine lol.

I think she tried to correlate that with how horrible her striking looked against Holly as well. Her timing being off and whiffing punches.

tumblr_lyhf3klasN1ro91bjo1_250.gif

I have no doubt that the strike hurt her, and probably affected the rest of the fight to at least some degree.

I hope she isn't using it to ignore the flaws in her game though. Holly Holm was clearly superior in more than one area. She's clearly in another league as an all-round striker, and she developed a great strategy for avoiding Ronda, the cage, and her takedown attempts. If Ronda wants to come back she's gonna have to be honest with herself, or the same thing is very likely to happen again.

Here's what I said after her loss in November:

I honestly think she underestimated Holm. She knew Holm's plan would be to fight going backwards, avoid takedowns, and outstrike Ronda, yet she couldn't do anything to stop that. Maybe she really did think that she could hang with her on the feet. Well now she knows beyond a doubt that she can't. She also knows that she's unable to just march forward, absorb strikes, and drag her down easily.

So, first thing she now knows for sure is that she MUST take her down. Second thing she knows is that it shouldn't be easy to take her down. She needs to work a specific gameplan, containing multiple techniques centred on taking Holly to the ground. She also needs to adjust her mentality in my opinion. The gung-ho aggressive style won't work. If she comes in with that gameplan then her only chance is to get lucky with a big shot or a fluke takedown. She needs to be more patient next time, both on the feet and once she gets Holly down. On the feet, Raquel Pennington wasn't getting torn apart like Ronda was because she wasn't handing herself to Holly. On the ground, she needs to be able to keep Holly grounded and wear her out, as the armbar isn't gonna come easily like it did against past opponents. So she shouldn't go all-out for subs and risk giving up position.

I hope Ronda Rousey honestly assesses herself to understand her flaws, so she can attempt to improve as a fighter. If she attributes her failure in the fight entirely to getting rocked early, then she's in denial and a future rematch won't be good for her.

If she gets that badly hurt from the first strike, her chin/recovery sounds like shit.

So she is still undefeated because she got knocked out

Holly got some good shots starting at 1:16 of the first that Ronda might have been talking about, unless she's only recalling that punch before the big kick. But Ronda still rocked Holly at :54. I think a rematch is winnable for Ronda, Holly was running a lot and Ronda was chasing. Ronda fought in a hurry like she was having her paycheck deducted with every second that passed.

Watching the fight live, about 2 minutes into it Ronda looked off before the beatdown started to get ugly.
I'm impressed that she wants the fight again. War Ronda

I think there is a good chance Randa wins a rematch. I know that's unpopular but don't say I didn't tell ya so if the arm bar queen remembers what she is best at.

Can't wait for Ronda suicide
That's fucked up.
I can't wait for her retirement story to hit the web, but suicide because I don't care for someone I never met and has not effected my life one bit seems very idiotic and childish

Back