I was invited to Brazil

JerseyTrash

Silver Belt
Reaction score
My instructor invited me to go to Brazil today in July for about 15 days. This could be a great opportunity. I need to get on board and take care of some passport shit.

What part are you going to? Who are you training with?

Realize getting a passport and a visa will take you at least six weeks starting from now...and depending on whether or not there is a waiting list (usually several months now for passports) you will want to get on it asap!

ah americans have to get visas!!

enjoy it

Realize getting a passport and a visa will take you at least six weeks starting from now...and depending on whether or not there is a waiting list (usually several months now for passports) you will want to get on it asap!

If you show a plane ticket they expedite the passport for you....you'll be fine!

ah americans have to get visas!!

enjoy it

As a matter of reciprocity. :) Those bastards.

I only travel to Asia..and I never...need anything other than a passport. It's great.

Hope that's the case. Going to Brazil for one month at the end of June and heard stories of friends not getting their visas until August. That's according to the Brazilian Embassy. Might want to follow up just in case! :)

Good luck and have fun.

Dan

I got my passport in 2 weeks back in March, So that should be no problem. Can't say anything for the visa

Confusing...and people bitch that Americans don't travel enough. No wonder!

You can get your passport expedited, like someone said, and the visa only took me like 1 week to get (you have to show them proof of travel, though, so I think you need to have purchased your plane ticket already). You should have plenty of time.

I stopped by the post office today to get the ball rolling. The passport department was closed so I just took a form with me.

opportunity of a lifetime there...have a blast man and slap some brazilian booty for me!! :)

I only travel to Asia..and I never...need anything other than a passport. It's great.

i think brazil was pissed that they get so much trouble getting into america that they return the favour

i think brazil was pissed that they get so much trouble getting into america that they return the favour

Sad,but its true.We dont like your politics,but normal people are welcome.:icon_chee

Are you not a US citizen? I went to China at the end of last year and I had to get a visa. I'm going again for work this year and I'm pretty sure I will need a visa again.

Do Americans need a visa to go to Brazil? Things have changed then... sorry to say but Americans treat us - Brazilians - like shit on their consulate in Rio, guess we are returning the favour asking Americans for visas now, as it was never required before.

Where will you be training, as not every camp is the same and you may end up disappointed.

Drop me a PM if you want.

It is a trip that you will never forget. I just have an open mind you will see things that are "customary" here in America to say the least. Have a good time if you choose to go .

Back