I was at 207 and it was great to see all the casual fans (women) bummed out.

This is why Sherdog is known as the prime mma website for gay dudes to join.

Who cares about crap like this? Beside, even if you are a "knowledgeable" fan, you will never get any respect, unless you are actively involved in the sport, or the event. As fans, we have to get away from this elitist way of thinking. Just go to the event and have a fun time.

This thread is ridiculous. Who cares if they spent their money to come and see Rousey? They bought their tickets and they have a right to be there.

If you think its shameful that they're only there for their favourite fighter than you should take et opportunity to talk to the closest one and try to get them into whatever fight is on.

There are a lot of people that i know who only got into basketball because of Kobe but they stuck around afterwards and became a fan. Everyone starts somewhere.

You know for a fact that the vast majority of them do not care about mma.

Bullshit. I started with WMMA and I now watch every single fight I can... UFC Fight Pass/prelims/main cards, Bellator, WSOF, every fight in each of segment of the Rizin openweight tournaments, etc...
Please stop generalizing fans as a whole based on your own preferences

Lol the majority of those women, mma died to them when ronda rousey lost.

Don't know why but this reminds me of Diego walking out that one time yes yes yes

Lol why dont you know? :p

This is why Sherdog is known as the prime mma website for gay dudes to join.

Is that why youre here lmao

Who cares about crap like this? Beside, even if you are a "knowledgeable" fan, you will never get any respect, unless you are actively involved in the sport, or the event. As fans, we have to get away from this elitist way of thinking. Just go to the event and have a fun time.

Thats what the ts did. He had a great time. Its the rousey fans who stunk up the place with their salt after she lost.

I was at 193. Of the 55,000 people the I'd say 40,000 were there just for Ronda. During round 1 people behind me were saying things like 'maybe she's sick' then 'why hasn't she knocked her out yet' people were legit crying. Then some T shirt guy was trying to palm off RRR 13-0 shirts afterwards. Was by far the funniest sporting memory of my life.

I was there too! Vast majority of people were indeed Rousey fans. One guy behind me was reacting like Edmund to the fight which was just glorious! You could feel the disappointment and sadness in the air after the event. I however was in a very good mood for the rest of the day. First thing I did when I got home was rewatch the fight. I still have a crystal clear memory of the knockout from the vantage point I had in the arena. It plays like a looped gif in my head.

Last edited:
I was there too! Vast majority of people were indeed Rousey fans. One guy behind me was reacting like Edmund to the fight which was just glorious! You could feel the disappointment and sadness in the air after the event. I however was in a very good mood for the rest of the day. First thing I did when I got home was rewatch the fight. I still have a crystal clear memory of the knockout from the vantage point I had in the arena. It plays like a looped gif in my head.

Yeah there was your typical 'ohhhhh' from the crowd during a Hunt Bigfoot Ko. Then it was a shocked gasp as she copped that baseball bat. With some scattered evil laughing from the few of us who were felling justified for not believing the hype.

Probably still less annoying than the WWE fans that Brock and Cm Punk brought over.

TS longs for sausage fest.

Jk. Good to know someone from girls had knowledge though. Better than me in that one particular fight (Fuck you Edmond)

Did all the women in the crowd bury their faces behind purple pillows?

What a mole model that Ronda is

I mean role model

That's the demographic uncle dana was aiming with rhonda and her stupid media appearances, thank god nunes KTFO.

I'll tell you a story TS: i have a friend who was in film school with me but he was a semester below (i started 2006-1 he in 2006-2) the guy is a hardcore cinephile like you can find in the career (praising the Nouvelle vague, underestimating every film style except french cinema etc...) when Holly beat rhonda 35 minutes later in his facebook posted something like "i can't believe the best Wmma champ got ko etc.." and i replied this: "that's what you get for believing uncle dana's lies and the hype the UFC P.R office posted." and we are talking a guy who praised avant garde french cinema, talked shit about ALL american cinema and looks down on films that are not considered "art" but with no prior mma knowledge. hell he couldn't tell the difference between Mark coleman and Mark Kerr.

that is an example of why uncle dana wanted rhonda to win: more casuals fans with no knowledge of mma, more money.

EDIT: not bashing my friend he is very smart, but he is a clear example of uncle dana's strategy for rhonda to use her as a way to draw casual fans.
Anyone into that shit is a massively pretentious douche, it's no surprise he had it ass over title.

I was at 193 and it was very similar. Lots of women, lots of women bummed about the loss in their Rousey fight kits.

Because men can't admire female athletes? If you like a female fighter and can't wear a shirt of them then you're simply not secure in your masculinity. It's akin to a guy who can't wear pink because "it's too girly" but in reality he's just not confident with himself.

I am a gangster and I don't wear pink or fing rousey tshirts

what do you mean brah??
(praising the Nouvelle vague, underestimating every film style except french cinema etc...)

? What does this even mean! Don't make me feel dumb, sir!

(praising the Nouvelle vague, underestimating every film style except french cinema etc...)

? What does this even mean! Don't make me feel dumb, sir!

in short some french people who made films with new techniques in camera and storytelling around the end of 1950. that's what i graduated from college and i apologize if the weird mumbo jumbo confused you.

WTF. Reebok makes Rousey gear for men? What kind of liberal girlie man wears a WMMA shirt?

Yo seriously...when can I score some fresh RRR gear? I already checked Hot Topic's clearance bin.

I was at 193. Of the 55,000 people the I'd say 40,000 were there just for Ronda. During round 1 people behind me were saying things like 'maybe she's sick' then 'why hasn't she knocked her out yet' people were legit crying. Then some T shirt guy was trying to palm off RRR 13-0 shirts afterwards. Was by far the funniest sporting memory of my life.
I lol'd

Back