I was at 207 and it was great to see all the casual fans (women) bummed out.

jjdowns

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I've attended other UFC events and 207, by far, had way more women attending than the usual UFC event. It almost seemed like 50 percent of those attending were women which is unusual for a MMA event.

This is not a knock against real women MMA fans. But almost all the women who filled seats at tonight's event spent 99% of their time taking selfies and playing candy crush until the Rousey fight.

They were all decked out in the Rousey gear; their Rousey hoodies, hats and tee shirts. At the concessions, Rousey merch was flying off the shelves for the women who tagged along with their boyfriends to the fight.

And then afterwards, all the women wearing their beautiful new Rousey gear wore nothing, but long face. I actually heared one girl tell her boyfriend,"how did Rousey lose to some girl I've never heard of before." Like fighting is a popularity contest (okay it kinda is).

From T-mobile arena to NyNy to the MGM, it's just thousands upon thousands of bummed faces of women who thought they were going to see a female sports icon make her triumphant return.

Side note: there was one bad ass chick sitting behind me who was uber knowledgable about MMA, involved and paying attention with every fight. Incidentally she was the only girl in my section who was going for Nunes.

Last edited:
how is that unusual, didn't dana say that 50% of viewers were female? he always tells the truth

2960805-2775781-0719837878-26700.gif

Wish I could have been there to see it myself.

Side note: there was one bad ass chick sitting behind me who was uber knowledgable about MMA and involved and paying attention with every fight. Incidentally she was the only girl in my section who was going for Nunes.

Probably Fallon Fox

Damn, women were 50% of the attendance?? The UFC is going to find a way to get her back in the cage.

That made you really happy huh?

You could also notice looking around the octagon from the PPV. Lots of confused and upset faces of women. LOL

Lol at Decked out in Ronda Rousey gear. I guess we found out who buys the Reebok garbage.

Typical Shertard...

Gets more excited by the bummed out hotties...

Than trying to get with the winning hotties.

Asshole.

Hillary esque. Mustve been a gorgeous sight

There were some at the party I was at. "Ronda's gonna win!" "Ronda's gonna kick her ass!" and I'm just sitting back before and after the fight like...
<36><5>

There were some at the party I was at. "Ronda's gonna win!" "Ronda's gonna kick her ass!" and I'm just sitting back before and after the fight like...
<36><5>
I don't know why it's so satisfying; it just is.

This thread is ridiculous. Who cares if they spent their money to come and see Rousey? They bought their tickets and they have a right to be there.

If you think its shameful that they're only there for their favourite fighter than you should take et opportunity to talk to the closest one and try to get them into whatever fight is on.

There are a lot of people that i know who only got into basketball because of Kobe but they stuck around afterwards and became a fan. Everyone starts somewhere.

This thread is ridiculous. Who cares if they spent their money to come and see Rousey? They bought their tickets and they have a right to be there.

If you think its shameful that they're only there for their favourite fighter than you should take et opportunity to talk to the closest one and try to get them into whatever fight is on.

There are a lot of people that i know who only got into basketball because of Kobe but they stuck around afterwards and became a fan. Everyone starts somewhere.

Um, no.

Wmma is not the NBA. There's not enough going on in wmma to turn casual fans into a consistent fan.

It's always funny (as in stupid) to see the term "casual fan" be thrown around when most sherdoggers (obvs not you) haven't attended a UFC or MMA event. Casual fans keep this sport in business and those women who bought tickets and merch allow for Dana to keep stiffing fighters on their pay.

Great story. 50% women and in Rousey reebok gear????? Sure

Back