I wanted to like Tyron but can't manggg

james31

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was posting his he would bang lawler out leading up to the fight simply because I thought lawlers chin was cracking and had been through too many wars. I liked woodley but this ducking and wanting money fights and he ain't even a draw himself has made me not like this dude.

Check his past 10 fights.

Jordan mein. Split decision win
Nate marquart. Mortal kombat loss
Jake herion. Ko win
Jake shields. Loss
Josh koschek (out of prime). Ko win
Carlos condit. Win due to Carlos blowing knee out
Rory macdonal. Loss
Dong hyun Kim. Ko win
Kelvin gastelum. Another split dec win
And lawler. Ko win.

7-3 with 3 wins coming by split decision and 1 by fighter injury.

Decent record but nothing crazy and has never been a draw. Talked all this shit about deserving a title shot but now wants to make money off someone else's name without defending the belt once.

I hope wonderboy slays the chosen one.

giphy.gif

If you want to like him, block this site and just watch him on fight pass. Skip the post fight interview, except the last one with his wife, mute that one.

The Condit fight will always cause debate. Woodley kicks hard with those tree trunks.

I hope you're not trying to like him because he is black you goddamn racist!!

TS be like - "I wanted to like Tyron ...... but i found out he's black :("

If you want to like him, block this site and just watch him on fight pass. Skip the post fight interview, except the last one with his wife, mute that one.

The Condit fight will always cause debate. Woodley kicks hard with those tree trunks.
Also don't watch the Rory, Shields and Gastelum fights

Yeah same, it's hard to be a fan. He comes off as very entitled. He also straight up avoided fighting Lombard. Has there ever been another fighter where someone was calling them out, talking shit, and they were just like "nah". He doesn't have that anywhere anytime attitude that 95% of MMA fighters seem to have.

Good thing Wonderboy will take him out... so he can be irrelevant again.

Yeah, I really don't want to hate on him, but damn he makes it hard not to. You just got the belt, fight the number one contender. Dude postures up like he sells PPV's and commands the UFC. You don't, dude. The casual fan barely knows you from your 18 month layoff and a fight with you isn't a "Superfight" no matter who it's against.

If you want to like him just don't let him get a word out of his mouth basically.

He does come off as arrogant and entitled. He is has one of those personalities like Johny Hendricks and Matt Hughes. Hard to root for.

I've never liked him, mainly because of his hairstyle, not his skin color. But I can't blame him for trying to maximize his income in a sport like this.

You're being generous in your analyzation of his record. You haven't taken his inactivity into account. To do that, break his record up into fight segments, highlighting the positives in green and negatives in red.

3 months before title shot: didn't fight; meanwhile Wonderboy beat Rory who dominated Woodley
3 months before that: didn't fight; meanwhile Wonderboy destroyed Hendricks while Woodley sat out
3 months before that: didn't fight
3 months before that: drew with fringe contender who couldn't make weight

3 months before that: KO'd DHK. Legit win over fringe contender
3 months before that: got dominated by Rory

In that time, he's also displayed a very bad attitude, being dismissive of fans, crying racism, acting entitled, dismissing legitimate contenders, refusing to fight, ducking fighters, and talking nonsense in interviews, showing his lack of understanding of how the sport works.

Our champion.

Someone puts their name on the table and he puts up the title, seems fair to me. The Lombard ducking is okay by me because maybe he knew Lombard was on the shit. His coaches probably told him don't fight the guy, he's juiced to the gills.

His situation with wonder boy just shows how bad the pay scale is. Because without that title, they have 0 leverage, even having the title doesn't mean they get their way. It's brain damage and crumbs after this career so I can't judge guys on their want to make the most while they can.

Woodley should fight Wonderboy because he's going through the same thing but if the roles were reversed, Wonderboy wants gsp or Diaz too.

I dislike Tyron but not for a lot of the reasons people are giving him shit over. I just find him to be unlikeable and arrogant without the willingness to fight consistently to back it up. That having been said I am a fan of some fighters that have those attributes however they are consistent but I feel like the issue is that he hasn't actually earned that entitlement just yet and that's ultimately the difference, he's not a draw, it's not like he's a GSP or Jon Jones putting on technically brilliant performances destroying people left and right on his way to the title or has defended it in amazing fashion or at all yet.

He had a good performance against Lawler, and so I can see him being a bit cocky but I think it would have won over a lot more people if he called out Wonderboy and maybe Rory and then went the whole GSP/Nick Diaz route.

I get that he's trying to cash in on his title win, but he isn't a major draw like say someone like Conor is, I'd like to see him fight a couple of top contenders and win in impressive fashion, if he did that then I'm all for him talking as much shit as he wants.

I'm curious how Lawler's career advances after this, if his chin is still intact, I am a fan of his but I'm surprised he held onto the title as long as he did WW is a mix of speed and power and if you're not technical you're probably going to get slept sooner or later (not saying Lawler is a total slouch but he can certainly be overly aggressive at the price of leaving himself exposed)

If you even look at Conor and how much shit he's gotten for the Diaz loss, a lot more people were on the bandwagon when he was winning and talking shit, now that he recently lost a lot of people are saying he should go down and defend the featherweight belt. Tyron hasn't been all that consistently impressive and he needed to do more to get to a level where he starts calling the shots, that's reserved for people that are either A) Very dominant in the cage consistently B) A huge draw that brings in a bunch of fans or C) a combination of the two.

Tyron has yet to do either. I think he could turn fan impressions around if he won impressively against Wonderboy and another top 5 fighter, then went back to talking shit. As it stands now he should probably just keep his head down.

I get his perspective but still it's obviously going to come off the wrong way to people and honestly from a promotional standpoint aside from him being the champ I don't think the UFC cutting him tomorrow would hurt their bottom line. I could be wrong but I think he's also getting older so he could be thinking about retiring what with the long layoff and everything depending on how the fight with Lawler went, maybe that's why he wanted to wait it out and see what happened.

If he can do what I mentioned then he could probably get the heel money of people paying to want to see him get knocked out or something. I'm kind of left scratching my head though as to what his angle is here aside from just not giving a shit, but you don't get to be a champion at anything by not giving a shit, so I'm surprised his manager or someone hasn't pulled him aside and been like "uhhh if you want to make some money, here is how" right now he's burning his bridges with the UFC and the Fans, if you're good you can probably burn one of those but it's not a very smart move to do both.

Back