i want your opinions on this (boxing vs mma)

No big deal. I was a little hard on you there towards the end, I apologize for that too.

See, no mods needed.

Yeah, you two are good guys and great posters though, that was on me. It's all good.

No big deal. I was a little hard on you there towards the end, I apologize for that too.

See, no mods needed.

I'm banning all of you fuckers to a sub forum solely comprised of Queen B posts.

Yeah, you two are good guys and great posters though, that was on me. It's all good.

Back on the topic, what I was saying is that I think the pace that a particular fighter keeps really determines how exhausting it is, to an extent. I've seen 12-round boxing matches fought at a slow pace (May vs Pac) where both guys look fresh at the end, as if they could fight another 12 rounds. I've also seen fights where I can't believe the pace that has been set, and the cardio is amazing. Frampton vs LSC was like that, 1700 punches and over half were power shots.

Same goes for grappling. I've seen guys lay on each other and finish rounds without doing much work to improve their position or do damage at all. Some other times grappling is grueling, and very fit athletes look like they are going to pass out when the round ends. Just depends.

A big part of it probably depends on technique too. Nothing gasses you quicker than something you suck at. I wrestled my friend from New York in college, just for fun, on a wrestling mat at the gym. He was a county champion, which is a big deal where he is from. He was exactly my size and we worked out together, so I knew I was quite a bit stronger than him and had better cardio (running cardio). That did me absolutely no good. He did more work, and did not get tired. I did less work, and was exhausted.

That is like a North Korea level punishment.

That's probably something they could employ at Gitmo. It would likely get terrorists to talk

Back on the topic, what I was saying is that I think the pace that a particular fighter keeps really determines how exhausting it is, to an extent. I've seen 12-round boxing matches fought at a slow pace (May vs Pac) where both guys look fresh at the end, as if they could fight another 12 rounds. I've also seen fights where I can't believe the pace that has been set, and the cardio is amazing. Frampton vs LSC was like that, 1700 punches and over half were power shots.

Same goes for grappling. I've seen guys lay on each other and finish rounds without doing much work to improve their position or do damage at all. Some other times grappling is grueling, and very fit athletes look like they are going to pass out when the round ends. Just depends.

A big part of it probably depends on technique too. Nothing gasses you quicker than something you suck at. I wrestled my friend from New York in college, just for fun, on a wrestling mat at the gym. He was a county champion, which is a big deal where he is from. He was exactly my size and we worked out together, so I knew I was quite a bit stronger than him and had better cardio (running cardio). That did me absolutely no good. He did more work, and did not get tired. I did less work, and was exhausted.

Those are all fair points and I agree with you there.

A lot of retarded backbirths make the mistake of comparing MMA and Boxing, when they should really be comparing one promotional company to another.

By that I mean, UFC vs. Top Rank / PBC / Golden Boy / Main Events etc.

Because for all the talk to "good match-making" in MMA, it really should be "good match-making" in the UFC.

When is the last time that the UFC co-promoted with any other organization ? That's right. Never.

How did that Fedor deal work out ? What about Ben Askren ? Any word on working with Bellator ? Pre-acquisition Strikeforce ?

Within companies like Top Rank or PBC, we've had excellent fights put on, such as Pacman vs. Cotto, Cotto vs. Margarito, Thurman vs. Porter, Broner vs. Porter, not to mention the periodic cross-promotions that have led to some of the geatest fights periods.

So come back and talk to me when the UFC decides to cross-promote with another organization.

Boxing is just fine.

Back