i want your opinions on this (boxing vs mma)

conorgoat

KOfinger is my little bitch
@purple
Reaction score
I like boxing so much but damn seems to be dead nowadays.

Do you think mma matchmaking >>>>>>>>>>>boxing matchmaking?

May vs pac was done later than fans expected

Now canelo run from golovkin, pac vs vargas is bullshit

If canelo fights khan, boxing fans say that is bullshit because of weight issues

If anderson silva moves to fight a heavier fighter like cormier, mma fans say its a great fight we all want to see that

What happen to boxing nowadays?

Wow 2 likes in 5 posts. This dude is on fire!

Joe+rogan+idiot+joe+rogans+retarded+commentary_7bc152_4703833.jpg

This fight is interesting because Reebook white brings eeeellllliiiiittttee level skills and Reebook black is a monsterrrrrrrr , this has to be the greatest fight in historyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

If canelo fights khan, boxing fans say that is bullshit because of weight issues

If anderson silva moves to fight a heavier fighter like cormier, mma fans say its a great fight we all want to see that

I like you better as queen b, champ

At the end of the day top athletes are stars and shouldn't have a boss. De La Hoya, Chavez, Pacman, Mayweather, Ali, etc. When they are on top of the world they make the decisions. Sure they may end up in some contractual obligations but it is their choice to be in those obligations, they can just finish those fights and switch promoters, networks, etc.

The fact that in the UFC guys like Silva, Jones, GSP, etc. still have Dana White (and the Ferritas) giving them their allowance is fucking sad. If Anderson gets mad what is he going to do? Go fight in Bellator? Basically his career would be over.

I do not think that. I do think they (UFC,ZUFFA) do an amazing job of convincing MMA fans than everyone in their next PPV is the cream of the crop and that a guy with less than 10 pro fights is currently the best there is. Fans think that everyone is elite in the UFC so a bad catchup simply isn't possible.

Fucking lmao at Silva/Cormier being a good fight.

If Canelo fights Khan?

Silva vs Cormier a good fight?

Well you managed to name most of the biggest names in boxing. Clearly you are just repeating shit you heard elsewhere and clearly you don't know anything about boxing.

Or you're trolling.

I don't really care which but please stfu.

Imagine if Mayweather fought someone the level of Nate Diaz. Fans would take a shit on him if they could get close enough. MMA fans are clamouring for it.

It just shows that most mma fans are still in it because of the fad. They don't really know anything but what they're told. Congrats on the UFC for being able to fool so many people so often, for so long.

No.

It may have been a few years late, but at least Mayweather-Pacquiao was made thanks to the biggest promotions in boxing showing some willingness to cross promote at times. Unlike the biggest promotion in MMA, which, because of their outright refusal to cross promote, has cost the fans some of the biggest matchups in MMA's short history. Fedor vs Brock, Fedor vs Couture, Chuck vs Wanderlei (when relevant), etc. During that whole Mayweather-Pacquiao timeline, MMA's own "biggest fight possible" was Silva vs GSP, which of course wasn't made either despite the fans clamouring for it for years.

Basically every boxing fan I know shits on the match making all the time and ability to see top guys fight each other consistently but then they defend it at the same time. It makes no sense.

Basically every boxing fan I know shits on the match making all the time and ability to see top guys fight each other consistently but then they defend it at the same time. It makes no sense.
They fight top competition as much as MMA guys do. Which is not always.

They fight top competition as much as MMA guys do. Which is not always.

I'm not defending mma matchmaking, Dan Henderson is getting ready to fight Bisping for the belt lol
And I wouldn't say that is always true. RDA just got knocked out and lost his belt and is going to fight Tony Ferguson next which is just as tough if not a tougher fight than Alvarez. You don't see as many gimme fights at the top of mma as you see in boxing. Hell there are some boxers who will take gimme's coming off wins let alone off losses. It's really a case by case scenario.

And I wouldn't say that is always true. RDA just got knocked out and lost his belt and is going to fight Tony Ferguson next which is just as tough if not a tougher fight than Alvarez. .

I think Alvarez is highly underrated by MMA fans. He just beat the shit out of RDA, a guy that people thought was unstoppable (the greatest LW ever, according to Rogan). Before that he made Pettis look pretty much useless in there.

I would pick Alvarez to beat Ferguson without hesitation.

I think Alvarez is highly underrated by MMA fans. He just beat the shit out of RDA, a guy that people thought was unstoppable (the greatest LW ever, according to Rogan). Before that he made Pettis look pretty much useless in there.

I would pick Alvarez to beat Ferguson without hesitation.

I've always thought Eddie was really good, but Ferguson is just as dangerous of an opponent is what I was saying. It's not any step down in competition. I will say that the boxing model leads to athletes getting to the big paydays which I am in favor of. Sports aren't made for people t go undefeated in though, that takes away some of the sporting aspect and competition away from it. The mma model keeps guys away from having too much power and keeps their salaries lower which is likely what Dana and the Fertittas always wanted which sucks.

If Canelo fights Khan?

Silva vs Cormier a good fight?

Well you managed to name most of the biggest names in boxing. Clearly you are just repeating shit you heard elsewhere and clearly you don't know anything about boxing.

Or you're trolling.

I don't really care which but please stfu.
Mma is unpredictable, excellent fighters and fights. Ufc made a lot of great events this year. And they put champion vs number 1 contender fights all the time. Just fights that fans want to see. And boxing? Tell me the name of the last exciting boxig CARD? Not exciting FIGHT, just the most exciting boxing card in the last 2 years. This year, all ufc events broke records of ppv, incredible championship fights, bloody wars, crazy matchmakings. And boxing? Only canelo vs khan was a good one. Maybe thurman vs porter. Why boxing didn't make brook vs thurman, thurman vs garcia, canelo vs ggg, wilder vs joshua, pacman vs crawford/broner/garcia, canelo vs lemieux? These are the fights that boxing fans expected the last years.

Ucf matchmaking>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>boxing matchmaking

Mma is unpredictable, excellent fighters and fights. Ufc made a lot of great events this year. And they put champion vs number 1 contender fights all the time. Just fights that fans want to see. And boxing? Tell me the name of the last exciting boxig CARD? Not exciting FIGHT, just the most exciting boxing card in the last 2 years. This year, all ufc events broke records of ppv, incredible championship fights, bloody wars, crazy matchmakings. And boxing? Only canelo vs khan was a good one. Maybe thurman vs porter. Why boxing didn't make brook vs thurman, thurman vs garcia, canelo vs ggg, wilder vs joshua, pacman vs crawford/broner/garcia, canelo vs lemieux? These are the fights that boxing fans expected the last years.

Ucf matchmaking>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>boxing matchmaking

And you gives give me shit for being pro mma lol

Lol, what?

For mma I'm guessing. I don't think they will break the total one year number but 202 I'm guessing will do more buys than any ppv they have ever done. They are likely to do between 7 and 8 million buys, similar to last year I'd say.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back