I want to step up my training!

Sapple89

White Belt
Reaction score

Backround: 18years old, no prior fighting backround. About 4 Months ago, i started training at beverly hill bjj club. I took classes on MMA, Muy Thai, and just started JJ.

Problem: I feel like my training is not enough and i want to step it up. I would like to train MMA more hours at a more intense level.

Question: Where can i go to step up my training

Looks like you just started here. Read the FAQs from each training section. Anything specific, use the search function to see if that question was asked and answered previously. Your post is too vague for specific advice.

Are you doing anything outside of classes to supplement? Lifting, HIIT, etc. Start throwing that stuff in and you may find that you're right where you need to be. Four months is too short to determine anything, imo.

That being said, I don't know what your club is like, and whether it addresses what you're looking for (I'm presuming you're hoping to eventually compete).

Looks like you just started here. Read the FAQs from each training section. Anything specific, use the search function to see if that question was asked and answered previously. Your post is too vague for specific advice.

Are you doing anything outside of classes to supplement? Lifting, HIIT, etc. Start throwing that stuff in and you may find that you're right where you need to be. Four months is too short to determine anything, imo.

That being said, I don't know what your club is like, and whether it addresses what you're looking for (I'm presuming you're hoping to eventually compete).

yes, i would like to compete in the future, but i feel that i am not learning enough at my current Gym. Right now i am about to graduate "LAPD bootcamp" and i want to get right back into fighting execpt this time, i am way more motivated. I guess what im really looking for is a boot camp style MMA gym.
-I used to HIIT in muy thai, but my teacher left for one reason or another
-I lift and diet (128lbs)

thanks for the quick reply

I have been looking around but havent found anything. Im going to check out lengends MMA in hollywood sometime this week

Where did you do the LAPD boot camp at. I know they have different locations.

Go to several gyms. Most everyone will allow you to take a few classes for free. try them out and see which place worksbest for you. Good luck.

PKG is a top notch MMA school. go check it out. Or better yet, come try out the MMA class. You'll be hooked. There are several pro mma fighters there as well as ameteurs, all great guys. Tell them that Jin sent you down.

http://www.mmainla.com/HOME.html

Thanks!

Im extreamly intrested. Not to far from my house + its a beautiful gym. ill have to stop by this week.

Back