I want to stand out at tryouts....

Yea I like 10-8 x 3 for starters.

It's encompasses everything including endurance, strength and hypertrophy the best.

And I don't think you need add on a plyometric work day just yet. I think you have enough for now to keep you down and out.

Again for each workout have a main exercise and 2 or 3 assistant exercises and you can cycle them anyway you want.

And about overtraining that's where diet and rest comes into play.

So maybe:

PUSH
Bench presses
close grip bench presses
overhead presses
lateral dips

switch close grips with 1 armed dumbell bench press on the stability ball

PULL
deadlifts
romanian deadlifts
bent over rows
chin ups
tire flips

switch romanians with zerchers

LEGS
squats
overhead squats
box lunges
tire dragging
lateral side step ups

Where do I put sprint work? Is that any better? Hey man im trying. Shouls I do sprint work every off day?

training said:
So maybe:
PUSH
Bench presses
close grip bench presses
overhead presses
lateral dips

PULL
deadlifts
romanian deadlifts
bent over rows
chin ups
tire flips

LEGS
squats
overhead squats
box lunges
tire dragging
lateral side step ups

Where do I put sprint work? Is that any better? Hey man im trying. Shouls I do sprint work every off day?

The tired dragging and flipping should be reserved for a separate day.

PUSH
Bench presses
close grip bench presses
overhead presses
lateral dips

PULL
deadlifts
romanian deadlifts
bent over rows
chin ups
tire flips

LEGS
squats
overhead squats
box lunges
tire dragging
lateral side step ups

This looks cool but there are other assistant exercises you can use and cycle in.

And instead of overhead I think you should start with front squats. Overhead squats hard as fuck.

If I were you, I'd do

Squats 3x5
High pulls 3x5
Bench 3x5
BB Row 3x5
Military Press 3x5
Weighted Pull ups 3x5
Weighted situps 3x8-12

3 times a week, with some sprinting as a warm up and cool down everytime you lift. And I would eat like everyday is thanksgiving.

And maybe add depth jumps + more sprinting 2 days a week.

ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT QUESTION: Do you have access to a power rack? Reading your posts suggest you don't.

Where is cockysprinter when you need him??

You can't squat bud.

Weights that you can clean and press won't do shit for you, you've got to squat heavy to reap benefits. Do you know how to front squat? Can you join a gym?

Well that puts the air out of the balloon for me.

On my bench, where the bar is racked, it slides uop and locks so I can stand under the bar to get it on my shoulders so I can squat. I do know how to front squat and I love the feel of overhead squats! Whats wrong with me?!

Are you man enough (and some stupidity/recklessness is needed too) to squat 315 pounds without safety stops? Cuz that's where you would have to get.

I know that man, but the whole purpose of training is to get stronger, and so you have TO PLAN AHEAD of what you are able to do NOW. IMO with 4-5 months of dedicated attention to the squat, you SHOULD be able to squat that much. But your current equipment will hold you short of all the progress you could make. Think about it, if in 5 months of lifting you didn't lift anything that was beyond your power prior to that, WHAT DID YOU ACCOMPLISH?

If you refuse to join a gym, Front squats are your best bet. Learn to feel safe front squatting. Learn to front squat with perfect form. DRILL dumping a bar from the bottom position of the front squat.

Get a ton of steroids and go nuts, then at tryout when they see a hulking 300 pound muscluar guy kick the living shit outta the ball ten youl get there attention.

Well pretty soon I will have a job and I will be able to help my parents buy me something worth the expense. Anyways, is there anythng a front squat doesnt achieve as compared to a back squat?

Sherddog said:
Get a ton of steroids and go nuts, then at tryout when they see a hulking 300 pound muscluar guy kick the living shit outta the ball ten youl get there attention.

Im gonna return the ball, not kick it. And please quit trying to be smart and funny.

How bout this:

PUSH
bench presses
close grip bench presses
plyometric push ups
overhead presses
lateral dips

switch close grips with 1 armed dumbell bench press on the stability ball ever other week

PULL
deadlifts
Stiff legged deadlifts
high pulls
bent over rows
chin ups
tire flips

LEG
squats
front squats
box lunges
tire dragging
lateral side step ups

switch lateral side step ups with depth jumps every other week

Listen bro when you drag the tire try not to do it on my lawn, i just put seeds down...

training - you seem like a very mature 15 year old. I like your determination. Thats what is going to get you to your goals more than the micro-specifics of your routine, however, your routine looks pretty good.

Do you have some fast buddies that can try to open field tackle you? You should dedicate a day to just doing that. You running a ball, they try to tackle you or strip the ball.

1.learn to sprint straight
2.learn to sprint with a ball while a buddy running alongside you bumping your shoulder repeatedly
3. make sure you have really strong hamstrings
4. learn proper warm ups- high knees, buttkickers, cariocas, rope skip,
5. focus on stronger but faster hip flexors, one way is get a ankle weight and step on a block and do high knees really fast
6. learn to run thru and not stop suddenly when sprinting as this will hurt your knees
7. learn to pump your arms as you run

Just my $0.02...

The olympic lifts are great, no doubt, and form the core of a lot of pro football training regimes.

Having said that, imho (college ball, invites to pro evaluation camps...) what might help you most is to add some size and strength, and go absolutely ape-sh*t on building your running speed and ball handling skills...

Go basic on the weights, and invest more time in running...particularly if you're most likely gonna be on the kicking teams (btw, and again imho, go for kick cover over kick return...WAY more fun...). I'd suggect something along the lines of:

Day one:
Bench('cuz high school coaches are impressed by big benches, sad but true)
Incline Bench (it will help in the trenches, you'll be puching off while leaning forward...)
Hang Clean and Press
Dips

Day two
Some type of Deadlift (I'd say Rack pulls)
Bent row
Pulldown/chins
Barbell Curls (cuz you know you want to...)
Wrist curl/grip work

Day three:
Squats
Front Squats
stiff leg deads/leg curls if you got 'em
calf raise

check the stickies for ab/core work and do it 3x weeks...

and every chance you get, work on what peregrine told you to work on, cuz being big and strong don't mean sh*t if you can't run fast and handle that ball...

The main thing is that you know how to knock the shit out of either the return wedge, or the ball carrier. My freshman year playing Defensive End, I jumped from 3rd string, to 1st string after the coach put me in the game. Bottom line, you just have to flat-ass play, and be fearless.

You'll get noticed if you show that you are as determined as you say you are.

Ahh, you're playing Offense...my bad.

Work on your sprinting and agility drills, and keep it basic in the weight room: Bench, Squat, Deadlift, and Power Cleans if you are feeling frisky. If you want some pointers on agility and footwork, check out one of Jerry Rice's training videos.

Good luck man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back