I want to see JDS wrestle more.

sherbrosrule

Booty meat is really neat.
Banned
Reaction score
After watching his fights against Cain, I realize, JDS is a strong ass dude. He ragdolled Cain on several occasions, and he does it against everyone in the clinch. I think JDS would be a phenomenal wrestler, and I think it would help him beat Cain and become champion.

JDS is a perfect example of why being one dimensional in MMA doesnt work. He has a definitive BJJ pedigree, and I think that coupled with his immense natural strength, and great striking would make him a fearsome Champ, if he added wrestling. I think we get these fighters who fall in love with one aspect of their fighting, and only use it, and it costs them matches.

This is why Fabricio is champion. He was only a BJJ expert, and now he has mastered the stand up, and is the most well rounded heavyweight and thats why he is champion. JDS needs to make a change if he wants to be champion again. He is only 31, so he still has plenty of time (assuming he isnt completely shot from his cain wars).

he needs to not back straight up till he hits the cage,makes his opponents job alot easier. If stipe wouldnt have gotten tired,his strategy would have finished jds imo

JDS should have been mixing it up with takedowns since he showed it in his fight with Carwin. Junior is strong with deadly hands, but he's been somewhat predictable. I also like how he switched up strikes versus Big Country even if Roy was kind of a punching bag.

he's going against overeem. that will be a pure wrestling match i imagine.

he's going against overeem. that will be a pure wrestling match i imagine.

Actually it wouldnt be a bad idea to wrestle with Overeem for the first round to tire him out, then knock him out.

Point I am trying to make is JDS would be a fucking wrecking ball wrestler, he needs to change up his strategy.

Just thought of this.

carwin-guillotine-jds-ufc-131.gif

JDS was in side control so he should have nothing but dang JDS looks like he was getting choked pretty good. lol

He got a nice takedown or two against Stipe as well. Might have been because Stipe was tired but iirc it was explosive. Can't find gifs for shit for that fight.

yeah the guy with ko power in both hands with an advantage on the feet with every fight should wrestle guys like cain and stipe...yeah smart. Did you watch the JDS vs. Cain fights?

After watching his fights against Cain, I realize, JDS is a strong ass dude. He ragdolled Cain on several occasions, and he does it against everyone in the clinch. I think JDS would be a phenomenal wrestler, and I think it would help him beat Cain and become champion.

JDS is a perfect example of why being one dimensional in MMA doesnt work. He has a definitive BJJ pedigree, and I think that coupled with his immense natural strength, and great striking would make him a fearsome Champ, if he added wrestling. I think we get these fighters who fall in love with one aspect of their fighting, and only use it, and it costs them matches.

This is why Fabricio is champion. He was only a BJJ expert, and now he has mastered the stand up, and is the most well rounded heavyweight and thats why he is champion. JDS needs to make a change if he wants to be champion again. He is only 31, so he still has plenty of time (assuming he isnt completely shot from his cain wars).

Last time I checked, Cain wasn't the champion - Werdum is. JDS doesn't need to change his style to beat Overeem or Werdum, those are good matchups for him. Also, offensive wrestling would not help him against Cain imo. He needs to improve his footwork and circle away to avoid takedowns, not lean against the fence

Just thought of this.

carwin-guillotine-jds-ufc-131.gif

JDS was in side control so he should have nothing but dang JDS looks like he was getting choked pretty good. lol

I'm sure Shane's strength alone was giving Junior a problem right there :)

Feed JDS to Rosholt.. if you want to see him try to wrestle. Rosholt would wrestle him to death and take him down constantly and control him and win by decision.

This guy is everwhere.....^^^^^...Rosholt next champ...war rosholt

I dont expect him to need it for the Overeem fight but its always a good idea to have a complete game in case things go wrong. JDS has the best offensive striking at HW and the best defensive wrestling game and its led him to huge success. But he could do even better if he was a threat with the ground game on offense.

A fight like Stipe is a prime example of this, he wont the fight but Stipe had a lot of success standing because JDS allowed it purely to be a striking match while Stipe had 18 take down attempts and was able to strike with comfort. If JDS threatened more the takedown it would certainly take that comfort away from Stipe as he has more to worry about.

The issue is that neither camp he trains with at NU or Nogueira have strong offensive wrestling.

Feed JDS to Rosholt.. if you want to see him try to wrestle. Rosholt would wrestle him to death and take him down constantly and control him and win by decision.

Thanks for the good laugh! Always good to have a few jokers on here

JDS is a perfect example of why being one dimensional in MMA doesnt work. He has a definitive BJJ pedigree, and I think that coupled with his immense natural strength, and great striking would make him a fearsome Champ, if he added wrestling.
This is why Fabricio is champion. He was only a BJJ expert, and now he has mastered the stand up, and is the most well rounded heavyweight and thats why he is champion.

Does this actually make sense to you?

Both JDS and Werdum have great striking and BJJ but lack in wrestling, what point on JDS' wrestling were you trying to make by comparing the two?

yeah the guy with ko power in both hands with an advantage on the feet with every fight should wrestle guys like cain and stipe...yeah smart. Did you watch the JDS vs. Cain fights?

this.

His style is perfect to destroy overeem and werdum, he just can't beat Cain

Back