I want to know why

twontwon

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I am fight fan. combat sports, mixed martial arts. There is talent all over and seeing people come and dominate is fascinating to an extent. I watch to see fights and technique and to see some personality sometimes, but I don't know these people personally. I don't understand why people want them to lose and don't like their personality? Like Bones, he has the gift, but people want him to lose, just because they don't like him and are tired of hearing him. Don't listen to him then, you don't have to watch interviews, google him, tweet into facespace, but people do and then "dislike" it and literally take it personal.

I just don't understand it. If you don't like ronda why watch tuf, why watch her interviews, everyone can not please you.

That being said, I hope mighty mouse is training hard because JB is coming and has been looking like a monster. Who do you think wins?

same reason why certain professional sports fans hate certain teams.

Everyone has their favorites, everyone has their hated. It's a part of sports.

Makes it more fun to be personally invested in the fight. For me anyway.

True I did hate the broncos when I was young, but being older I respect every nfl team, don't hate any

it seems like some people think it's cool to hate on certain fighters.

well i mean people have preferences...and sometimes i just dont like fighters like jones that are cocky, i dont mind confidence, but i wouldnt mind seeing someone "take him down a notch"

Lol apply that theory to other sports. Drama, passion and hate is part of the show.

for 82 games I year I curse, cuss and verbally assault Sidney Crosby, but when international hockey starts, he is my best friend. Either way, I`m gonna watch him play.

well i mean people have preferences...and sometimes i just dont like fighters like jones that are cocky, i dont mind confidence, but i wouldnt mind seeing someone "take him down a notch"

Jones, actually, isn't particularly cocky.

Anyways, liking particular fighters (partially) based on their personality is what makes the whole thing (even more) interesting.

It would be fucking boring if we were al gonna sit down and judge fighters solely based on skillset.

Why is Mike Tyson the legend that he is? Surely based on his accomplishments inside the ring, but not least based on him being a psycho outside the ring, too.

It's the whole picture.

Sports often intentionally brew love or hate towards their athletes and teams. the only thing they do not want is indifference.

I have no idea why like or dislike some athletes but I know why I dislike Jon Jones... Because that's why. ; )

People have all kinds of reasons they "hate on" certain fighters and the same goes for people liking certain fighters.
I'm not very big on GSP. He is absolutely one of the GOATs and I have immense respect for the guy the way he completely shuts fighters down. You know exactly what he is going to do and still does it. But, I find his fights kinda boring and find myself rooting against him, not because I hate the guy, but I want the other fighter to do something exciting (EVERYONE jumped out of their seats when Carlos dropped him and that is honestly the most excitement that any of his fights have given me lately tbh).
I really like watching Anderson fight because he is exciting. He does things that are fundamentally awful, like leaving your hands at his waist, but has some spectacular KO's and gifs all over the place.
To each their own. To outright hate someone you have never met and actually don't know is stupid and only on an internet forum you find shit like this.

It wasnt until I joined Sherdog did I root for guys like Shogun and Penn to lose to perceived underdogs.

fighting is an individual sport

and even if you don't care about his opponent, if you like the guy he is fighting you are automatically personally invested

also some fighters make it really easy to dislike them, let's be honest about that one

usually a fighter will do something outside the ring or inside that will make you like or dislike him

Mark Hominick against Aldo or Maldonado against Glover - I started liking them because they kept going

Brandon Vera - stopped liking him because he seems to be obsessed with guns rights and because he tends to cover himself like he's gonna cry every time he gets hit with big shots

Meathead - dislike him because he said that transsexual who wants to fight women is a disgusting freak

I am fight fan. combat sports, mixed martial arts. There is talent all over and seeing people come and dominate is fascinating to an extent. I watch to see fights and technique and to see some personality sometimes, but I don't know these people personally. I don't understand why people want them to lose and don't like their personality? Like Bones, he has the gift, but people want him to lose, just because they don't like him and are tired of hearing him. Don't listen to him then, you don't have to watch interviews, google him, tweet into facespace, but people do and then "dislike" it and literally take it personal.

I just don't understand it. If you don't like ronda why watch tuf, why watch her interviews, everyone can not please you.

That being said, I hope mighty mouse is training hard because JB is coming and has been looking like a monster. Who do you think wins?

When it come to sport , loving to hate someone is a huge facet .

Back