I want No Referee Standups, No undeserved title shots, No Favoritism

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Would the UFC actually lose money with this dynamic?

The referee standups are so inconsistent and terrible. They stood up Demián Maia trying to RNC Usman! Bullshit! History could have been different!

no title shots coming off multiple losses!

3. No Favoritism due to PPV revenue!

if Tyron Woodley threw that dolly through the bus window he would have been TOAST! Banned from the ufc. Dana would have called him a no good thug.

I want this sport to be legitimate. Not a spectacle.

let’s make MMA great! Not again. Maybe it never was legit. But for the future we should be better.

man shut up, don’t u have anything better to do than write that bs esrly morning. Just wait till the fight and enjoy it

Usman and Maia were stuck in the same position for a while, it was a stalemate.

I want every dump I take to be a no-wipe needed affair.

Well then I suggest you start watching team sports, because this is just the nature of prize fighting and has been since it's inception. The fighters that can draw the most money are going to have more pull.

Edit you ever watch the first few UFC’s?
No stand ups made for some of the most terrible “fights” ever witnessed.
Severn in particular could make a coke addict fall asleep.

The referee standups are so inconsistent and terrible. They stood up Demián Maia trying to RNC Usman! Bullshit! History could have been different!

if Tyron Woodley threw that dolly through the bus window he would have been TOAST! Banned from the ufc. Dana would have called him a no good thug.

let’s make MMA great! Not again. Maybe it never was legit. But for the future we should be better.

This is up to the athletic commissions IMO.
UFC needs a regulated and certified ranking methodology that determines match-ups, if relevant to a title.

Conor being ranked top 5 in LW despite total inactivity and no win since 2016 is a farce.
Which legitimate sports league would allow this bullshit?
Imagine the LA Clippers losing all their games just to be ranked at #1 and go straight to the playoff finals lol.
Fucking bush league.

Referee Stand-Ups need to happen. Otherwise, you'd get grapplers taking people down and lying on top of them until the fight ends.

While I agree with your other two points to a degree, the UFC is a business, and when it comes to favoritism, other sports are essentially the same. While the UFC is slightly different in that it's rarely shown on a normal television channel, other sports that are see the same thing, but in a different way. While fighters who make money get main events, sports teams that bring in ratings to the networks get the primetime slots and increased coverage across the country. It's the same logic behind why specific teams are always broadcasted in their regional markets. The Dallas Cowboys get primetime slots, but the Jacksonville Jaguar games will always be shown in northern Florida. Mcgregor gets main events, but a Brazilian will almost always be in the main event for a card that takes place in Brazil.

I'd be totally fine with Woodley getting thrown out of the UFC.

Well I want a pony for Christmas, but guess what?

Khabib/Mcgregor was the highest selling PPV in UFC history out selling number 2 by over a million buys. Under your guidelines it would have never happened.

No favoritism? In the UFC? OH LOL. Change sports, buddeh. Favoritism is a MMA tradition.

thoughts on judging too? standups prevent grapplers holding ppl down and doing nothing like winkydinks said. in order to have no standups you need to change the judging or reevaluate what the goal of the contest is? is it to finish, dominate? both or can you kick a guys leg and run and wait out the clock? the clock is there to make it spectator friendly otherwise fights could go forever but its turned into a strategy tool

I prefer a spectacle

<{JustBleed}>
eaM9T0K.gif
GpseNnn.gif
18AVOnd.gif

I'd like to add "no title shots straight off of a weight miss" to your list.

It’s so weird that people that are fans of a sport that involves punching people in the face yet they are the biggest whiny, cry baby fan base in the world

no other sport has this many cry baby, miserable fans

Back