I want Nick Diaz to win, but how can he?

JamesFromATL

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'd like to see Nick Diaz defeat Anderson Silva. I like both fighters, but Diaz is younger and Anderson has already made enough money to last his entire life. It would be cool to see the underdog Diaz win, but how can he? It seems like such a mismatch. For one thing there's the weight class difference, another thing is that the style of Diaz plays right into Silva's hands.

Am I being too pessimistic? I remember when Diaz was about to fight Frank Shamrock in Strikeforce I didn't really expect Diaz to win then either. Maybe I'm underestimating him again? I look at this fight and I just ask myself "why is this fight even happening?" I'm not even interested to see this event with such a pointless mismatch.

IMO this fight is more about how much Silva has left.

I think Diaz can win, if Silva is slowed, tentative, chinny or out of shape. If prime or close to prime Silva shows up, it will be a slaughter

Oppressive volume and pace. Like a tide rolling in, but not rushing in. Use submissions to set sweeps and when in top control, be patient and control position. Ando leaves himself open for submissions while trying to get up.

He needs to smoke Anderson's stuff since the beggining of the fight

2w2ga3q.jpg

I think he'll have to use his punching and stuff

I think that's the real beauty of this fight. Realistically, Nick has very few ways to win assuming Silva comes in even 3/4 of what he used to be.

The entertainment comes from knowing that it COULD happen. Nick is no bitch and he'll be on point and working his ass off.

I want Nick to win just for the sheer "oh fuck!" factor.

It sort of seems like Zuffa and co are making this fight just in order to give Anderson Silva an easy comeback fight to set up a money-making rubber match with Wiedman, while at the same time punishing Diaz.

This type of Tide-Flow is what he needs to win.
nicksmith.gif

Let's not forget he took what Daley had an kept coming.
diaz-daley-fight-end.gif

As well as Gomi
gomidiaz9.gif

nick-diaz_takanori-gomi.gif

Anderson is bigger and one would assume has more power.... but Daley and Gomi can knock out Rhinos when they land... and Diaz cared almost NONE with either.

I just have this fear that Zuffa is setting up Nick Diaz for an execution.

The ring girl's shirt at the weigh in says it all "Spider rises again", Do you think she wore that on her own? No, they gave that to her to wear. This is what the UFC wants this event to be, the return of Anderson to make more money with a Wiedman rubber match.

Anderson over-estimating Diaz. I've always thought that Anderson had an over-rated ground game and chin. Diaz could hurt Anderson standing and finish him via GnP or TKO/KO. That's how I see it going if Diaz wins.

Back