I wanna see Jake Paul vs. Sean Strickland

Paul won’t fight active mma fighters that are ranked. I don’t even see him fighting anyone that has boxing background other then one move(Woodley overhand right) until he decides to cash in and fight Mcgregor.
Woodley was ranked, he just didn't re-sign with UFC so he can box with Jake Paul instead. He calls out current fighters signed to UFC because he knows nothing will come from those call outs because they are still under contract and Dana will never let those fights happen. When he calls out someone that he can actually fight with no contract restrictions, that's the fight to focus on. So far it seems like it's Tommy Fury.

Only realistic match ups for him is Anderson, Vitor, and Fury. It seems like he's after the Fury fight. Anderson is too risky for him and even though the Fury fight is as well, Fury is a pro boxer and everyone has been saying he doesn't fight pro boxers. Plus he's been going back and forth with him recently on social media. Also I think he wants to keep his streak undefeated vs mma fighters, and Anderson can easily change that.
This is likely why his tone changed so much, talking about breaks until next year. There are no more fun fights for him, and TWood clearly demonstrated there are levels to this. He knew from gym spars that he could take on Mike Perry level UFC strikers in boxing, but when you go above this, the gap is too much to make up.

Whether it be Fury, Anderson, or Vitor, the hype train very likely stops there.

This is likely why his tone changed so much, talking about breaks until next year. There are no more fun fights for him, and TWood clearly demonstrated there are levels to this. He knew from gym spars that he could take on Mike Perry level UFC strikers in boxing, but when you go above this, the gap is too much to make up.

Whether it be Fury, Anderson, or Vitor, the hype train very likely stops there.
Yes I think he's going to take some time to get better. He won, but barely vs Woodley. If he doesn't improve from that it won't go well vs higher quality competition.

Yes I think he's going to take some time to get better. He won, but barely vs Woodley. If he doesn't improve from that it won't go well vs higher quality competition.
It is a double edged sword for us too, because let us be real: the Jake Paul Era is fun. When he gets KO'd it will be gratifying, but no more circus. i am admittedly a Paul hater, but will admit it is fun.

I think he's looking at the risk and reward of it. Anderson is too risky and he wants to wait him out even more and let age become an eventual factor. He wants to protect his wins vs mma fighters and challenge a boxer, he'll circle back to Anderson in the future - especially if he loses to Fury. I think he would rather lose to a boxer than an mma fighter so he can stick to the narrative of being able to beat mma fighters.
I don't think there's any chance he fights Fury

I think after the Woodley fight he probably watched it back and realized he isn't that good, so I don't know who he is gonna fight. Woodley is about as good as he can handle, but the whole appeal is him stepping up in competition every fight, so this is where things get tough for him... he has three options

1. Quit
2. Fight someone as good or worse than Woodley and risk people losing interest
3. Fight someone better than Woodley and probably lose

I don't think there's any chance he fights Fury

I think after the Woodley fight he probably watched it back and realized he isn't that good, so I don't know who he is gonna fight. Woodley is about as good as he can handle, but the whole appeal is him stepping up in competition every fight, so this is where things get tough for him... he has three options

1. Quit
2. Fight someone as good or worse than Woodley and risk people losing interest
3. Fight someone better than Woodley and probably lose
Fury is the fight everyone is trying to make - Jake, Showtime, and Fury. That's why Fury was on the same card and he called out Jake after. Showtime did that to set up a future fight between them and they have been going back and forth since then. Anderson is an option but he will most likely lose to Anderson so he will wait out that option. He wants to stay undefeated vs mma fighters. He'll do the match with Anderson if he does lose to Fury though. I see that being the likely outcome. Fury is a big draw since of his family ties and apparently he was on reality shows in his country. So it's pretty much a celeb fight as well. Jake isn't quitting, that retirement post was a copy of what Conor does and he took it back the next day just like Conor. Jake actually wants to try and see how far he can go in boxing, that's why he isn't entertaining anything else but boxing fights. He also wants to shut down the talk of him not fighting/beating a pro boxer so that's why the Fury fight makes the most sense at this current moment.

Fury is the fight everyone is trying to make - Jake, Showtime, and Fury. That's why Fury was on the same card and he called out Jake after. Showtime did that to set up a future fight between them and they have been going back and forth since then. Anderson is an option but he will most likely lose to Anderson so he will wait out that option. He wants to stay undefeated vs mma fighters. He'll do the match with Anderson if he does lose to Fury though. I see that being the likely outcome. Fury is a big draw since of his family ties and apparently he was on reality shows in his country. So it's pretty much a celeb fight as well. Jake isn't quitting, that retirement post was a copy of what Conor does and he took it back the next day just like Conor. Jake actually wants to try and see how far he can go in boxing, that's why he isn't entertaining anything else but boxing fights. He also wants to shut down the talk of him not fighting/beating a pro boxer so that's why the Fury fight makes the most sense at this current moment.
Fury isn’t a draw whatsoever, which is why that fight will never be made. Just because they put him on the card doesn’t mean they are making that fight next, a lot of people got tricked by that one like yourself though unfortunately

Fury isn’t a draw whatsoever, which is why that fight will never be made. Just because they put him on the card doesn’t mean they are making that fight next, a lot of people got tricked by that one like yourself though unfortunately
He's a draw in his country, not as known here in America. Just like Jake Paul probably isn't very well known over there the same way he is well known in this country.

It is a double edged sword for us too, because let us be real: the Jake Paul Era is fun. When he gets KO'd it will be gratifying, but no more circus. i am admittedly a Paul hater, but will admit it is fun.
Yeah it won't be a spectacle anymore but there will still be some interest to see how he looks in his next fight. Same with Conor, there is still some interests to see if he can get back to the top again, but if he keeps losing the interest will be gone.

He's a draw in his country, not as known here in America. Just like Jake Paul probably isn't very well known over there the same way he is well known in this country.
No he isn’t lol….. he has never drawn anything ever

No he isn’t lol….. he has never drawn anything ever
He's a draw because of his name and family. It adds a narrative to the fight. Imagine if they fight on the undercard of Tyson Fury's fight. He may not be a huge draw but he does have a name outside of boxing because of his reality shows. The match up works, and it's most likely the next fight for them. They are already going back and forth on social media and in interviews to help set up and promote the fight already.

He's a draw because of his name and family. It adds a narrative to the fight. Imagine if they fight on the undercard of Tyson Fury's fight. He may not be a huge draw but he does have a name outside of boxing because of his reality shows. The match up works, and it's most likely the next fight for them. They are already going back and forth on social media and in interviews to help set up and promote the fight already.
Just admit you're wrong bro, he has never drawn anything ever. You are assuming he is a draw, we started off agreeing, but no dude

I know they tease the Fury fight, but it makes 0 sense, he isn't a draw, and he is a dangerous match to make. Jake has 0 plans of fighting him, I've argued about this with other people on here... just because he was on the undercard doesn't mean they have any plans on making that fight

Back