I wanna see Bobby Knuckles give WW another go.

He's not as big as Costa but Whittaker is not a small MW, which is why he looked much bigger than Kelvin.

He has huge thighs & a massive torso. Not a chance in hell he could make 170, or even 175 if that becomes a weight class.
Whittaker weighs a little less than the average middleweight. He enters the cage weighing about 200 lbs or so. Vettori and Costa both fought in California, so we know their cage weights are 211 and 214 lbs respectively. Those are big middleweights.

Whittaker has the reach of a welterweight. He is at a reach disadvantage against 80% of the Top 15 ranked contenders at middleweight, and against Adesanya, of course.

Whittaker used to make 170 very easily. He competed as a welterweight on TUF, which meant frequent weight cuts. It didn't affect his performance, as he won that season's tournament and made weight every time. He then proceeded to fight 5 times at welterweight in the UFC, making weight each time.

Whittaker has put on some mass since then. But if dropped from 12% to 10% body fat, and lost 2 pounds of lean muscle in the process, he would weigh 193 lbs. That's how much Douglas Lima weighed when he entered the cage in California after weighing in at 170 the day before. So it would be relatively easy for Whittaker to fight at welterweight again.

Whittaker weighs a little less than the average middleweight. He enters the cage weighing about 200 lbs or so. Vettori and Costa both fought in California, so we know their cage weights are 211 and 214 lbs respectively. Those are big middleweights.

Whittaker has the reach of a welterweight. He is at a reach disadvantage against 80% of the Top 15 ranked contenders at middleweight, and against Adesanya, of course.

Whittaker used to make 170 very easily. He competed as a welterweight on TUF, which meant frequent weight cuts. It didn't affect his performance, as he won that season's tournament and made weight every time. He then proceeded to fight 5 times at welterweight in the UFC, making weight each time.

Whittaker has put on some mass since then. But if dropped from 12% to 10% body fat, and lost 2 pounds of lean muscle in the process, he would weigh 193 lbs. That's how much Douglas Lima weighed when he entered the cage in California after weighing in at 170 the day before. So it would be relatively easy for Whittaker to fight at welterweight again.

This guy gets it.

whittaker should be fighting at WW not MW

Whittaker has been incredible at middleweight. He has been looking to be at peak performance in his last 3 fights. I think he should stick to what he is doing now and don't try changing up his weight.

Maybe if he loses to Adesanya again he can think about making the switch. I do think Whittaker beats Usman if he does decide to go back down.

Last edited:
When he moved up to 185 he said the reason wasn't bc he couldn't make 170 but rather his chin was too depleted he said everytime an opponent landed clean his vision would flash at 170. Hence being tkod by WonderPillows

Also Robert isn’t even a big MW.

look at Costa,Till and Vettori’s frame compared to his. I’m sure if he took a legit 6-8 months off he could make WW again fr.
Umm are you serious? That's a crazy idea

U do realise Rob wals at 97kgs normally which is 215lbs

He is a big guy, guess if u saw him in person you wouldnt think his small. Trust me he can not make 170 it would actually be far too dangerous he was already struggling heavy at WW and since then he put on a lot of size

Whittaker is thickkkkk. He looked an entire weight class bigger than Kelvin.

Back