I ve got invited to an MMA charity match

Honestly even with a judo background at 45 years old he’s fucked. The only difference is if his karate and judo background made him do some full contact fights/spars. Even then at 45 that’s really tough. That’s almost 50 dude
never heard of foreman or hopkins.

Good luck with your training and good luck in the fight... please post the vídeo of the fight for us.
Cheers

No I’ve definitely never heard of them. They must surely be the rule and not the exception.
all i was saying is don't underestimate someone just because they are 45. actually don't underestimate anybody. this is one of the principle of sun tzu's art of war.

all i was saying is don't underestimate someone just because they are 45. actually don't underestimate anybody. this is one of the principle of sun tzu's art of war.
I understand. But there’s a difference between underestimating someone and being a scared lil bitch like TS haha

I understand. But there’s a difference between underestimating someone and being a scared lil bitch like TS haha
Eh thank you.

I have doubts because I will be fighting in a discipline I have no training in. As I said if it was boxing or even kick boxing I would take the fight even right now before having breakfast.

This is why I started this up. To get an idea what to expect and how to prepare.

You are doing MMA. What would be your advice for a boxer to prepare for a MMA fight? I would not call myself even a boxer tbh as I have no fights in boxing either, it is just the sport I do. I am an amateur soccer player I guess as this is what I compete in.

Here is how I plan to go. February is when I start as I catched a virus and am still on antibiotics.

Enduarance and cardio twice per week, mostly combined with my soccer games.

Quitting boxing or just visiting once or twice per month for good old boxing sparring as they guys I spar with in boxing are high level.

Instead I will go back to my old kick boxing coach who is a pro MMA fighter for privates 2-3 times per week. He does not coach grappling as he is not a good grappler himself. But I will try to get him
To coach me for a MMA fight specifically. Perhaps I can adapt to some of his tactics as he himself is a striker in the sport of MMA.

I will try to sign in a MMA club in the city I work and go 2-3 times per week after work.

I will quit my hypertrophy training 6 times per week and will strength train 2-3 times per week.

Apperantly a co worker of mine is a grappler trained in a MMA club so I ll try to get him to workout together and as a spar partner.

The fight is in August so I have time to prepare.

Last edited:
Eh thank you.

I have doubts because I will be fighting in a discipline I have no training in. As I said if it was boxing or even kick boxing I would take the fight even right now before having breakfast.

This is why I started this up. To get an idea what to expect and how to prepare.

You are doing MMA. What would be your advice for a boxer to prepare for a MMA fight? I would not call myself even a boxer tbh as I have no fights in boxing either, it is just the sport I do. I am an amateur soccer player I guess as this is what I compete in.

Here is how I plan to go. February is when I start as I catched a virus and am still on antibiotics.

Quitting boxing or just visiting once or twice per month for good old boxing sparring as they guys I spar with in boxing are high level.

Instead I will go back to my old kick boxing coach who is a pro MMA fighter for privates 2-3 times per week. He does not coach grappling as he is not a good grappler himself. But I will try to get him
To coach me for a MMA fight specifically. Perhaps I can adapt to some of his tactics as he himself is a striker in the sport of MMA.

I will try to sign in a MMA club in the city I work and go 2-3 times per week after work.

I will quit my hypertrophy training 6 times per week and will strength train 2-3 times per week.

Apperantly a co worker of mine is a grappler trained in a MMA club so I ll try to get him to workout together and as a spar partner.

Sounds good honestly.
You’re basically in the off season so you can train as many disciplines you like. Just focus on getting more skilled everywhere. I would just take classes and get live grappling with mma fighters as much as possible.
Oh yeah when you are ‘ready’ in a couple months do mma rounds with big gloves, and shoot boxing where you box with takedowns but get let up if taken down.

Training camp for a first timer should only be 4-6 weeks. And ideally the grind only starts a month out. Learning to program conditioning and peaking at the right time is very important. Many people do way too much too soon and end up burnt out before they even get to the fight. You don’t want to peak early

Last edited:
Eh thank you.

I'm betting $75 on you. I already got $300 in total from everybody in the grappling forum like a week ago with that kikojones grappling match. Now i'm hoping to get $225 off you.

Also doing mma, you probably know already. Strength plays an important part in mma. More so in mma than boxing. You already have hands. So it's better to focus on strength, endurance, and grappling. And your already athletic, and train boxing. So more strength and endurance shouldn't be a problem.

Why not shoot a double and dump his old ass on the ground?

Surprise, surprise the old man pulled out excusing he has no time to train.
We met at the local gym and I was DLing 160 kg for 3 reps (nothing spectacular at all) with a buddy then asked him if he is preparing and we chatted a little bit.

Well I am concentrating on good looks again it seems. Back to getting some aesthetics and leaving the combat sports for some cardio.

Surprise, surprise the old man pulled out excusing he has no time to train.
We met at the local gym and I was DLing 160 kg for 3 reps (nothing spectacular at all) with a buddy then asked him if he is preparing and we chatted a little bit.

Well I am concentrating on good looks again it seems. Back to getting some aesthetics and leaving the combat sports for some cardio.

Don't worry you deserve better.

ofall-the-things-that-didnt-happen-that-didnt-happen-the-32283428.png

Back