I Used To Think Edgar Would Kick Conor's Ass, But Now...

Conor would most likely KO Frankie, he's older now with a lot of mileage. I personally wouldn't want to see it, I hope they never fight.

Frankie by ankle pic.

An ankle pic.
ankle-pain-inside.jpg

It's not MMA Math when Aldo has proven to be MUCH better than Frankie, and Conor starched him in record time. And they fought Aldo within 7 months of each other.

Only noobs think every case of comparing results against mutual opponents is "MMA Math"

Not every comparison you make between fights should be considered MMA Math, but saying that because Conor starched a guy that dominated Edgar twice that he would beat Edgar as well most certainly can be. It is the literal definition of MMA Math, no matter how close the fights were to each other.

Do Conor haters just pretend that Aldo never happened?

Why don't you just consider that Aldo dominated Frankie twice, and even worse the 2nd time than the 1st?
That was a fluke. Mind games are also a figment of Conor's fans imagination.

(According to haters)

Chad gassed.

Something Frankie's never done.

He gassed because he put so much effort into getting Conor down and holding him there that he exhausted himself + All the kicks to the body he was getting from McGregor.

Edgar has gassed before, too. Although it tends to happen around the fourth or fifth rounds.

There is a reason why Dana acted like Frankie didn't exist when Conor was at 145. Damn shame cause it is a FOTY match up.

There is a reason Connie called bear gut out hunting mendes off the couch instead of higher ranked and someone in camp Frankie when Aldo fell through. Frankie would Yair Connies ass easy. Connies whole career is guided pass mis matches. They fucked up once with Nate - thinking he poses no TD threat but is actually a better boxer.

It's not MMA Math when Aldo has proven to be MUCH better than Frankie, and Conor starched him in record time. And they fought Aldo within 7 months of each other.

Only noobs think every case of comparing results against mutual opponents is "MMA Math"

And only noobs would think that Aldo VS Conor would play out the same way a second time. It lasted 13 seconds. We have no clue how a second fight between the two would play out.

Actually he IS known for having strong TDD, he just isn't known for being elite on the ground if you can actually get him down there.

Short-notice Mendes took Conor down pretty easily. He just gassed badly. Edgar wouldn't.
I'm not saying that proves Edgar would beat Conor but I could see it.

It's not like Edgar has gotten exceptionally better (in general) since then. He still gets tagged and a chin only gets worse, not better, over time.

Why are you thinking that a fight from 2011 is relevant. Here's more recent and relevant facts:

He's been rocked only once in six years and has some of the best defensive stats in the ufc.Not to mention he's been facing the divisions hardest hitters--cub, Mendes, Aldo, and stephens.

His defense and his ground and pound is where he's improved most since 2011.

How long ago was that Maynard fight?

You think Duffy or that no name guy would beat Conor right now?

has more to do with Edgar's chin than his skill, if anything his chin is lesser now due to all of the wars he has bene in

Why are you thinking that a fight from 2011 is relevant. Here's more recent and relevant facts:

He's been rocked only once in six years and has some of the best defensive stats in the ufc.Not to mention he's been facing the divisions hardest hitters--cub, Mendes, Aldo, and stephens.

His defense and his ground and pound is where he's improved most since 2011.

None of whom hit as hard as Conor.

And his defense hasn't improved that much, he still gets hit plenty.

None of whom hit as hard as Conor.

And his defense hasn't improved that much, he still gets hit plenty.

Explain his defensive stats and only being rocked once in six years.

"getting hit plenty" is a statement that can literally be applied to every fighter with more than a few fights. It lacks substance.

Maynard is also a wrestler.

At the time of their 2nd fight.....a damn fucking good wrestler.

Its alot harder to get a damn good wrestler like Maynard to the mat, than a guy like Conor who is not a wrestler and not known for having strong TDD.
Conor has pretty good tdd, but nowhere close to guy like Maynard

There is a reason Connie called bear gut out hunting mendes off the couch instead of higher ranked and someone in camp Frankie when Aldo fell through. Frankie would Yair Connies ass easy. Connies whole career is guided pass mis matches. They fucked up once with Nate - thinking he poses no TD threat but is actually a better boxer.

lmao Good lord, Mendes did not have a bear gut, he was as much in shape for that fight as he's ever been in any fight. In fact, I recall him saying he stayed prepared and in shape because he suspected that Aldo might pull out anyway since he makes a habit out of it.

Explain his defensive stats and only being rocked once in six years.

getting hit plenty is a statement that can literally be applied to every fighter. It lacks substance.

Post 'em. Just don't tell me he has great defense, show me the numbers, and particularly the ones since 2011.

lmao Good lord, Mendes did not have a bear gut, he was as much in shape for that fight as he's ever been in any fight. In fact, I recall him saying he stayed prepared and in shape because he suspected that Aldo might pull out anyway since he makes a habit out of it.
Is bear gut a thing? Is that like a hairy beer gut? Doesn't Mendes man's are?

Continue making an ass of yourself and making wide sweeping MMA math proclamations based off of a 13 second fight ending in a flash KO if you want. Don't worry, we'll keep laughing.

I guess there's a place on Sherdog for Joe Rogan "never make predictions because we don't know for sure" guy. I don't where it is, but I'm sure there's a place.

Making predictions based on mutual opponents faced within 7 months of each other is just "making wide sweeping MMA math proclamations" though. Cool

Post 'em. Just don't tell me he has great defense, show me the numbers, and particularly the ones since 2011.

Or you could just do your homework before you make silly threads? the stats are out there. Edgar has the highest strike defense stats at FW, and he's 7th in the entire UFC. And he's only been rocked once in the past 6 years. Have you been watching his fights at FW? or only fights from 2011?

Back