I Used To Think Clint Hester Had A Bright Future, But It Seems He's Regressing?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Coming off of TUF I thought Clint had all the intangibles to one day be a force to be reckoned with. Size, power, good muy thai, good wrestling defense, etc. But in his last two fights it's like the guy is actually getting worse from fight to fight. I don't know what it is, but at the very least he needs to move to an actual MMA gym if he wants to keep a job with the UFC. Came in overweight and looking a lot softer than any of his other fights too.

Anyone else in the same boat as far as thinking the guy had potential and is basically throwing it all away?

Here's him from his last fight:

CLUV3dvWsAAR1Tm.jpg

And here from yesterday's weigh in; considerably less chiseled.

CLUV3awWUAAB-UK.jpg

New testing = less impressive physiques, more injuries > more fighting with injuries > poor performances. Welcome to Obama's America

Aside from Kelvin and Samman (who's on a good streak), no one from that TUF season has done that well.

Clint's fighting exactly like Uriah.

Wasn't he easily outwrestled in his one and only fight in the house? somehow(explosive and athletic?) You came out of that really impressed?

Yeah I never thought he was going to be something other than just a guy.

in what fight did you watch of hester where he was impressive? his robbery win over neto? losing on tuf?

He would be better off changing gyms, maybe Jackson's or AKA. At Jackson's he'd get great cardio, better wrestling and a hell of a game plan. Would be worth a move for him to shake things up.

Wasn't he easily outwrestled in his one and only fight in the house? somehow(explosive and athletic?) You came out of that really impressed?

I did. He was able to generate power from very awkward angles and even though he lost, going off of pure potential, and he looked pretty damn good his first few fights out of TUF.

Aside from Kelvin and Samman (who's on a good streak), no one from that TUF season has done that well.

Clint's fighting exactly like Uriah.

How is Clint fighting like Uriah? Clint in his 4 wins won due to aggressive striking and GnP whenever he was in position. His losses came from being wild and getting outstruck by Whittaker and now this bizarre fight in which he did not attempt to strike for whatever reason.

Uriah gets shit on for not being aggressive. He had 2 weird decisions to try to be Anderson and a clinch master against Gastelum and Doomsday. Aside from that the knock on him has been his lack of aggression.

Are you jsut saying they are alike because they are ATHLETIC AND EXPLOSIVE?

I did. He was able to generate power from very awkward angles and even though he lost, going off of pure potential, and he looked pretty damn good his first few fights out of TUF.

Don't worry brah, I see what you saw. He wasn't a world-beater but he had some raw athletic abilities and even though his striking isn't very technical- he was good at landing and had a diversity of strikes.

He needs a change of camp to potentially patch up his fight IQ and ground game. I don't foresee his ground game ever being elite, but having great TDD and sub defense will go a long way

I caught the last 30 seconds of the first.and entire second...he looked liked he was battling an injury.

His striking looked like shit slow and plodding...and he kept going to his grappling and I kept screaming "wtf are you doing!"
Guess he must have been gassed from the first but he has way more talent then I saw in that fight.

Don't worry brah, I see what you saw. He wasn't a world-beater but he had some raw athletic abilities and even though his striking isn't very technical- he was good at landing and had a diversity of strikes.

He needs a change of camp to potentially patch up his fight IQ and ground game. I don't foresee his ground game ever being elite, but having great TDD and sub defense will go a long way

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one. He definitely does need a camp change. He was splitting time at ATT Atlanta but stopped that, now just at that boxing gym x3. I feel like Henri Hooft could refine his striking and turn him into a beast.

Back