Television I used to dismiss THE CLONE WARS as a "kid's show" ...

I went back to check out the unfinished version on YT that was released a few years ago. What a difference once they polish it up, amazing

Unpolished version in spoilers, in case some haven't seen the finished version yet

Thanx for sharing that bro! That base the clone army is operating out of is the same one Ahsoka showed up in. Sooo looking forward to expanding her story more.

Thanx for sharing that bro! That base the clone army is operating out of is the same one Ahsoka showed up in. Sooo looking forward to expanding her story more.
I’ve watched the episode a few times, really liking the animation

I rewatched season 6 before this new season but I should go back and rewatch the episodes with Echo in them, been awhile since I’ve seen those ones

I’ve watched the episode a few times, really liking the animation

I rewatched season 6 before this new season but I should go back and rewatch the episodes with Echo in them, been awhile since I’ve seen those ones
Let me know which ones you find regarding that. I remember them vaguely, but I'd like to bump them up in my memory as well.... great call!!!

Just started s3, been binge watching it with my 6 year old. Think he digs it more than the movies since there is more pew pew. I still haven't gone full nerd, but I'm having to watch it to explain things to him. Pretty good so far. Are Rebels & Resistance on par?

Just started s3, been binge watching it with my 6 year old. Think he digs it more than the movies since there is more pew pew. I still haven't gone full nerd, but I'm having to watch it to explain things to him. Pretty good so far. Are Rebels & Resistance on par?

For sure. Especially for a kid. The 3 get more & more "kid friendly" as you go through them. I loved all of them. The animation is more high end with Clone wars, & it took me a bit to get used to the lesser but still quality animation of Rebelz... but once I did, then I didn't even notice it. The "2D animation" style of Resistance was yet another shell shock for animation quality, but again... once I fell into it for a while, I didn't even noticed it any more.

They all have what I'd call "filler episodes"... like little side stories that don't really matter that much but they're still cool for what they are, but their tie inz to the triple trilogy vary a bit. They all tie in... & directly reference & interact with certain key elements of the triple trilogy, but each series falls just a little bit back as they go .

The very purpose of the Clone Wars cartoon was to act as the story telling device for the Clone wars themselves while the Movies handled the big major lifting, so you know there's going to be tons of tie ins.

Rebelz tying in just before Ep. 4 obviously interacts nicely, but not near as much as the Clone Wars I'd say, but there are a few very key tie ins they offer. Now Resistance takes place 6 months before Ep. 7 & the story is told through the events of Ep. 7 & 8 (which both movies are like a week or 2 long on the time line.) & we do see interaction & crossovers but it's a little less than the other 2.

All 3 are valid for anyone who enjoys seeing star wars stories play out on screen though. I'd go as far as to say "required viewing."

Just finished S2 and started up S3 of Clone Wars.
Surprisingly good. A really good recent episode i saw was the one where Bobba attempts to even up the score with Mace Windu.

I know Echo is for sure in Clone Cadets, then Rookies and then later in the Citadel Arc. I can't recall which others.

Best part of episode 2 was Anakin giving Obi-Wan that look after he said something like “I hope you told Padme I said hello”

And honestly I forgot how short these episodes are. Just as Rex finds Echo, I was ready for more and then it ends

I loved clone wars. I couldn’t get through 15 minutes of rebels.

I see a lot of myself in Wrecker

Resistance animation looked great, but characters and stories really stunk. Very skippable.

I initially passed on Rebels because "what the hell is this? no jedi, sith, lightsabers???" but I liked the characters and stories weren't crap. I would look forward to a continuation.

I didn't like Clone Wars much except the few episodes with Darth Maul & Co., Mandalorians. Too much political talkie.

I wish they had left this scene in from the unfinished version, time stamped

I didn't like Clone Wars much except the few episodes with Darth Maul & Co., Mandalorians. Too much political talkie.

Some of the eps based in Senate business could be very politically dry for sure, but the vast majority of Clone Wars eps were mostly politics-free.

Ironically, given your comment, some of the Mandalorian stories were some of the more politics-heavy - a series of power struggles with various folks trying to wrest control of the throne.

I had started a new thread for season 7, but I asked for it to be merged here. Such a good episode. I've watched all the story reels, but am still enjoying the finished cuts immensely. It's crazy to think there was at least two seasons worth of story to tell in the Clone Wars. I mentioned in the other thread that "Crystal Crisis on Utapau" , while a completed story reel, did not make the cut for Season Seven. The final 8 episodes after "The Bad Batch" looks to be all Ahsoka Tano. "Ahsoka's Walkabout" arc and "Siege of Mandalore" arc.
{<Mcgoat}

I hope all this Ahsoka love is a sign of either giving her a place in live action or at the very least an animated series with Sabine post "Rebels".

I gave up after watching season 1

Then I read that it gets better so I am giving it a second go and so far so good

Last edited:
Andrey-Stepanov2.jpg

Episode 3 was pretty good, just short. Just under 18 minutes for that episode, but it's pretty action packed

And the Battle droids flying, reminded me of TROS "they fly now?"....."yep, they fly now!"

Episode 3 was pretty good, just short. Just under 18 minutes for that episode, but it's pretty action packed

And the Battle droids flying, reminded me of TROS "they fly now?"....."yep, they fly now!"
Haha... reminded me of that too. :D

Back