Television I used to dismiss THE CLONE WARS as a "kid's show" ...

Are the last 4 episodes (still have 1 to go) of the series the only “new” episodes and the first 8 were already written but never made?

They should’ve made more like the last 3. Damn good stuff.
The Seige of Mandalor was definitely "Detailed" but not fully "written" in 2013 when the series got cancelled. It was definitely their intention to finish that season off with the Seige of Mandalor. We even see a bit of the Seige in the canon Ahsoka novel... but the fully written out story we're seeing now was written in modern times.

"The Son of Dathomir" 4 part comic that happens just prior to these stories was also going to be covered in this Clone Wars season but they did the comic at the time prior to the Disney purge of 2012 thinking the cartoon was dead. It is the only comic of that time period to survive the canon purge to remain canon though.

The bad batch one's were definitely started & all ready done in simple animation.

Ahsoka going to the underworld of Coruscant after leaving the Jedi order was an original plan, but the Martez sister's Ahsoka met up with that connected her into getting involved in the Seige of Mandalore was originally a young Asian man called Nyx Okami (funny cause he got Nyxed. :p) they supposedly had some romantic tendencies sparking up between him & Ahsoka. I would've been very jealous if they had went that route so I'm glad they didn't. :D

So to answer your question... the first 4 bad batch ones were the only ones that didn't largely change. I'm not sure how far they got with the Ahsoka ones in underground coruscant but they did have her speeder bike crash on that platform & you can recognize that same scene in the clip above. As best I know, this is all the animation they did though.

There's a 3 part side story that was made in simple animation called "crystal crisis" which coverz a story about a "Kyber boulder" that they wanted to use for a super weapon (likely the death star) & those are available to watch for free on youtube if you're interested. It's a fun story but definitely nothing critical to take in for this story line & the graphic quality is super sub-par as it's toward the beginnings of the animation process just before they smooth it out to what we're used to seeing. They decided not to use that storyline though.

Last edited:
Untitled03.jpg

This meme reminds me of how Mace interacted with Ahsoka during the holo conference. This is Jedi business....what a nub.

This meme reminds me of how Mace interacted with Ahsoka during the holo conference. This is Jedi business....what a nub.
I've read the explanation for Mace Windu's dogmatic adherence to the rules. Budge one inch and you might as well throw it all away. He loves the Republic far too much to let one slip up happen, even if that means cold-shouldering people he'd rather not.

3znora.jpg

Despite showing that Rex did in fact turn on the Jedi before Ahsoka "cured" him. Oops.

The Seige of Mandalor was definitely "Detailed" but not fully "written" in 2013 when the series got cancelled. It was definitely their intention to finish that season off with the Seige of Mandalor. We even see a bit of the Seige in the canon Ahsoka novel... but the fully written out story we're seeing now was written in modern times.

"The Son of Dathomir" 4 part comic that happens just prior to these stories was also going to be covered in this Clone Wars season but they did the comic at the time prior to the Disney purge of 2012 thinking the cartoon was dead. It is the only comic of that time period to survive the canon purge to remain canon though.

The bad batch one's were definitely started & all ready done in simple animation.

Ahsoka going to the underworld of Coruscant after leaving the Jedi order was an original plan, but the Martez sister's Ahsoka met up with that connected her into getting involved in the Seige of Mandalore was originally a young Asian man called Nyx Okami (funny cause he got Nyxed. :p) they supposedly had some romantic tendencies sparking up between him & Ahsoka. I would've been very jealous if they had went that route so I'm glad they didn't. :D

So to answer your question... the first 4 bad batch ones were the only ones that didn't largely change. I'm not sure how far they got with the Ahsoka ones in underground coruscant but they did have her speeder bike crash on that platform & you can recognize that same scene in the clip above. As best I know, this is all the animation they did though.

There's a 3 part side story that was made in simple animation called "crystal crisis" which coverz a story about a "Kyber boulder" that they wanted to use for a super weapon (likely the death star) & those are available to watch for free on youtube if you're interested. It's a fun story but definitely nothing critical to take in for this story line & the graphic quality is super sub-par as it's toward the beginnings of the animation process just before they smooth it out to what we're used to seeing. They decided not to use that storyline though.

they should’ve done a few more episodes. A few more following some of the other Jedi and of course the attack on Coruscant. I can’t figure out for the life of me why they didnt show the capture of Palpatine by General Grievous. I was really hoping they would feature the attack on Coruscant. A little Count Dooku wouldn’t have hurt either.

I've read the explanation for Mace Windu's dogmatic adherence to the rules. Budge one inch and you might as well throw it all away. He loves the Republic far too much to let one slip up happen, even if that means cold-shouldering people he'd rather not.

Yeah, but he definitely threw shade at Ahsoka for her "citizen" quip.

A cool concept for a series would be an amalgamation of Pro Wrestling Shoots and Game of Thrones: Complete History and Lore series.

I can’t figure out for the life of me why they didnt show the capture of Palpatine by General Grievous.
For sure it would've been best to do it in the Clone Wars series. Could put a 3 or 4 series arc in there between Ahsoka mixing it up with the Pike's & when the finale began. Would've been sweet.

They did covered it in the end of the NON-canon micro-series & even ended it just moments before Ep. 3 begins... but you gotta ignore Anakin & Obi's side adventure, because it doesn't work in the canon timeline. That said, the way the kidnapping of Palpatine goes down could easily be canon.

I started the time stamp a little wayz back because that stuff works too... as it shows how Sid had a broad attack that spread out the Jedi... which was what allowed his kidnapping (& order 66 for that matter) to work.

Also Ahsoka telling Maul "i'm not here to team up with you", and telling him to go do Maul-type things for a diversion
LMAO...

Also, "I'm not rooting for you."

[<dunn]

As much as Maul wants her as an ally... you gotta know that Maul get it. <45>

Last edited:
Great final episode. That last scene with Vader was a perfect ending to the series. Ahsoka's growth throughout the series was pretty incredible. Went from someone that a lot of people hated to a fan favorite.

Can't wait to see Filoni's next project.

Excellent 4 part finale. Loved seeing the graves from the Ahsoka novel being played out.

I stayed up last night and waited for the midnight viewing of the final episode. I am happy CW was able to close out the series with a proper send off. Ahsoka Tano is now a GOAT level SW character. I'm not sure where they are with a live action version of Tano, but I'm preferring they leave her in the animation realm. I don't think there is an actress capable of giving us a good live action performance. Not to mention that Tano's Jedi skills will have to involve heavy CGI.

A couple questions to ponder after the last episode:
1) Where does Ahsoka get her Rebels light sabers which clearly have white blades.
2) Sure would like to know where and how Wolfe and Gregor had their chips removed. Seeing as Rex did in fact turn on the Jedi despite saying he didn't.
3) Not a question, but two times now Ahsoka has donned a grey robe to end a series. Really cementing that Grey Jedi look.

For me personally, I would prefer Filoni next go into the Sabine/Ahsoka team up in the search for Ezra.

Nice conclusion. It's a great series and the finest example of STAR WARS, warts and all. I wonder how much of my opinion is informed, though, by the notion that a lot of what makes THE CLONE WARS good is because of how awful THE PREQUELS were received and how much they needed reinforcement.

I'm not sure where they are with a live action version of Tano, but I'm preferring they leave her in the animation realm.
Wow, you are out of the loop. Rosario Dawson is expected to play the her in MANDO S2.

1) Where does Ahsoka get her Rebels light sabers which clearly have white blades.
From the Ahsoka novel: She got the kyberz a year after the end of the Clone Wars, from the lightsaberz of the Sixth Brother, after aggressive negotiations that ended in his death. Originally emitted a red blade, she did some OG Ninja shit & un-bled them with the purity of her force connection.

The hilts of the lightsabers were originally created from pieces of scrap metal that she had acquired over the year since the fall of the Republic, but were later modified to be more functional and decorative.

2) Sure would like to know where and how Wolfe and Gregor had their chips removed. Seeing as Rex did in fact turn on the Jedi despite saying he didn't.

He held off long enough to allow her to escape. This seems lost on a lot of commontary some reason. I had assumed he removed his chip before hand. Mad props for him rocking up & giving her enough notice to escape while all the others just complied & immediately went on the attack before Rex stopped them.

I'm not sure where they are with a live action version of Tano,
More Ahsoka > Less Ahsoka

Rosario Dawson bless & assuming Lauren Kim as the stunt double under Fabro & Filoni.

Fooking IN!!!

Shoop-Groovy-Beach-lounging otto & Ahsoka.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, you are out of the loop. Rosario Dawson is expected to play the her in MANDO S2.

Well, I do know that, but they are still calling it a limited role. Not sure what exactly that means, but it doesn't sound befitting a GOAT level character.

Great final episode. That last scene with Vader was a perfect ending to the series. Ahsoka's growth throughout the series was pretty incredible. Went from someone that a lot of people hated to a fan favorite.

Can't wait to see Filoni's next project.

I didn't realize that many people didn't like Ahsoka. She's been great from day 1 imo.
I really, really liked what they did with Maul as well. He went from a bitch in the Clone Wars movie to a bad ass in the Clone Wars show.
I want to see more of this stuff

Back