Television I used to dismiss THE CLONE WARS as a "kid's show" ...

Trying to save the last 4 eps for a binge watch with my 6 year old. We've binged all the animated series so far (about half a season to go w/ Resistance), so I was a little surprised he agreed to it. That said, I hope they do another one on the level of CW and the last season or 2 of Rebels.

i just have a hard time getting into cartoons. :/ guess im missing out. I cant do it

I just hope they do a better job of showing Anakins decent into the dark side than the crappy trilogy did.

i just have a hard time getting into cartoons. :/ guess im missing out. I cant do it
It's not much different from CGI special effects. Actually, in some ways better than the shitty CGI in Batman v Superman where it was clear which shots were shitty CGI.

It's not much different from CGI special effects. Actually, in some ways better than the shitty CGI in Batman v Superman where it was clear which shots were shitty CGI.
I dont really like those either ;/

The last 2 episodes is what we were waiting for. They should’ve made quite a few more like these.

The bad batch story arc wasn’t needed at all. I would’ve enjoyed 6-8 more episodes featuring other Jedi leading up to revenge of the sith.

They should’ve also featured General Grievous attack on Coruscant and the capture of Palpatine.

Phenomenal, that scene before the fight, when the glass breaks. Damn
<{RoseRun}>
Bruh......it's sooo good right now. Ahsoka closing in on my pick as GOAT Jedi.

I just hope they do a better job of showing Anakins decent into the dark side than the crappy trilogy did.
If you watch the episodes. Depending on how deep your knowledge is of the SW story. A lot if little questions get answered. A lot of instances happen where you can see Anakin going "WTH man" in his brain. If not, after each episode just got to YT and watch the various reaction and Easter egg videos pointing out key aspects that might have been missed.

That's why I'm all about animation. Nothing is impossible as long as you can draw it. And animation makes it more believable. Sometimes when they do some over the top stunts in live action, you can't help but look in disbelief.
<{walkerwhut}>

Untitled03.jpg

Time stamped a vid where they have Ray Park and Lauren Mary Kim in their mo-cap suits to do the fight scene between Maul and Ahsoka. Lauren Mary Kim is pretty talented, she's done a ton of stuff, including Marvel shows

I'd love to see Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau make a Star Wars film. Disney should have let them make the new films, instead we got that garbage new trilogy.

I was not happy with how easily Spoiler got spoiled by spoiler, and this is coming from a huge fan of spoiler who thinks spoiler is overrated

This last episode was straight fire. Took place deep into revenge of the sith. Ashoka is such a Great character at this point in time.

I really would’ve loved if they made the attack on Coruscant

Wow, good call. Both heavy British accents & very pronounced & enunciated. Ersa Wren also has a heavy & pronounced Brit accent. (see Rebels: Season 3 Ep. 16 for comparison) Their voices all 3 similar enough to wonder if they're the same person.

Hmm... this looks like something fun for me to bug out on & figure out!!! :p

Those Clone Wars ladies have a different helmet than the Armorer, but we are talking about 30 years later & she's a blacksmith so I don't see that as being an issue. So far it's just a voice comparison, but there's more evidence than that to back up the Ersa Wren theory as well.
mandalorian-armorer3.jpg

mandalorians-in-season-7-clone-wars-jpg.757602

Those 3 helmets are all the same. Just painted differently. They're exactly the same as all female Death Watch helmets. The males didn't have that dip in the middle of the eyes... so this is 3 chicks.

This is probably the 3 of them seen here, just as Maul announced himself as ruler, these 3 ladies & a few dudes split right after that. (See how the male helmets are different.)
mandalorians-in-season-5-clone-wars-jpg.757674

Bo-Katan Kryze is the one in the middle in the screen shot just above as well as in the season 7 picture. It's the same "V design" in the middle. Looks like she just added some more swirly design stuff on each side of the "V". Plus...

Upon seeing Ahsoka... she speculated: “It could be the Jedi I met on Carlac."
Season 4 Ep. 14: Here's teh sweet slap on teh ass Bo-Katan gave Ahsoka on Carlac while meeting her for the first time.

ahsoka-gets-butt-slap-from-bo-katan-jpg.757592

Any Manalorians hanging out with Bo-Katan in season 7... (likely 19BBY same as the prequel finale) would have to be one of the "Nite Owls." (The group that left death watch when Maul took over Mandalor) Bo-Katan left with a small group of the Death Watch not willing to be a part of an outsider ruling Mandalore. Bo-Katan, Ursa Wren & Veraslayn Kast are the only named Nite Owl ladies. So with the pronounced Brit accent... I feel pretty good about the one on the left being Ursa Wren. :D

Fun stuff about Ursa Wren & Veraslayn Kast is that they were never named during the Clone Wars run. Nor did they show their faces. They were only later humanized & referenced when the Rebels series talked about the past. So this would be really cool to actually have them show up, helmets off & get their recognition in the Clone Wars series. I really like that.

So with Ersa Wren being my front runner for the Mando on the left... I think it would be off the fooking hook if she was also the Armorer in the Mandalorian.
icon_cheers.png

Mandalorian-This-Is-The-Way-Quote.jpg

Hmm... that Mando helmet looks a lot like the guy's Death Watch helmet.
5588384-0537471800-Revie.jpg

Just an fyi/ reminder; the Mandolorian takes place after the Clone Wars and Mando had his helmet forged on the show.

Music was great again. Especially as Ahsoka is boarding the ship after saying goodbye to Bo, so ominous, you just knew Order 66 was about to happen

And Maul/Hannibal Lecter was hilarious

Last 2 eps were fire! How many more left @Myrddin Wild ?
One more left. Finale is dropping Monday May the 4th.

I'm so fooking loving this 4 part finale bro. Some of the best Clone Wars episodes. There's a fooking video out of Ray Park & Lauren Kim doing live action for the animation of Maul & Ahsoka's fight. So they went full on for this having live action Maul doing the movements. (edit: just saw brother Arq posted that already)

Fun Fact: Lauren Kim has also done stunt doubling in the Mandalorian series including the Armorer's fight with the storm trooperz in Ep. 10. Wonder if the 5' 4" lady could do live action stunt doubling for the 5' 7" Rosario Dawson... who's all but been confirmed to be making an appearance as live action Ahsoka in the end of season 2 of the Mandalorian.

Just an fyi/ reminder; the Mandolorian takes place after the Clone Wars and Mando had his helmet forged on the show.
I don't recall at what point Mando had his helmet forged. Which ep are you referring to? I don't recall.

Based on the "B2 Super Battle Droids"... (first used 22 BBY) that attacked Din's town when he was a kid & assuming he was about 6 years old at the time...
mandalorian-trailer-images-21-600x249.png

...I figure Din could only have been between about 6 - 9 years old during the end of the clone wars.

So any helmet he had been given while Death Watch was still around... wouldn't still fit him anyway. So I didn't mean to imply that it was made during that time. My point of saying it looks similar to death watch's helmets was a bit of speculation about whether or not his tribe of Mando's were prior members of Death watch.

I'm really hoping to see what happened to some of them in the finale of the Clone Wars, but that might be a bit much to ask for out of one more episode. We know Gar Saxon became the leader of Mandalor as Sid's "hand" to run it for him... but the "Nite Owls" or Maul's "Super Commandos" are all subject to be the Death watch people that eventually became Din's tribe. Would be sweet if they tied that in somehow to the Clone Wars finale.

Last edited:
Are the last 4 episodes (still have 1 to go) of the series the only “new” episodes and the first 8 were already written but never made?

They should’ve made more like the last 3. Damn good stuff.

Music was great again. Especially as Ahsoka is boarding the ship after saying goodbye to Bo, so ominous, you just knew Order 66 was about to happen

And Maul/Hannibal Lecter was hilarious
Yeah, I loved the ambience they created in the whole episode's lead in & execution of Order 66. How about our boiy Rex resisting the chip at first. I thought we'd see him take it out before Order 66 but it was full on operational & he still resisted it.

Such a brain twister to think about how things may or may not had changed if Ahsoka had revealed to Yoda on the Holocam what Maul told her about Anakin.

Ani was being punked by Sid at that moment, & then had a sit down in the Jedi temple after revealing it to Mace. (same holocam meeting was 1 hour into RotS) What if Mace would've told him that Sid waz manipulating him personally the whole time to become his apprentice. Would Ani still had taken the bait? Chances are they might not had even told him being that he was looking conflicted & confused already, but if they did, it could've changed everything.

Knowing he was being manipulated... who's to say Sid didn't put those nightmares about Padme into him. Who's to say Sid didn't remote kill her in order to make them be true & turn Vader dark. If Ani had that moment at the Jedi temple prior to joining Sid to realize it was all a big ruse, he could've helped Mace instead of chop his hands off.

So much to think about regarding that one moment when Ahsoka made the decision to tell Ani personally when she arrived instead of telling the jedi Council about it.

That said, she's about to arrive after the jedi temple raid. Wonder what she'll see when she arrives.

Back