I truly believe

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by reigning terroe, Jan 23, 2015.

1. reigning terroe

reigning terroe Superintendent Skinner

That Rumble will win finish or UD doesn't matter.

I just watched Manuwa vs Gus again and I honestly believe that Rumble will beat Gus. Manuwa kept dropping his hands when throwing kicks and hooks. He didn't utilize any slips or head movement so he was an easier target. Gus really didn't impress me. You all act like he moves around like Cruz but Gus is very hittable. Jimi also got put on his back with relative ease and couldn't get up for most the round. Rumble will throw Gus around if he comes in for a takedown and will make him pay with upper cuts for his trouble like he did to Davis. Gus also looked pretty winded in between rounds which might've been the reason he eye poked Jimi. So he could get a breather. Gus has been over hyped since almost beating Jones. He really isn't that good you'll all see.

2. Git rekt

Git rekt Blue Belt

As much as i love rumble and want him to win this, I dont see him winning if he doesnt KO gus. his biggest threat in my opinion is his knockout power and if thats out of the way gus has more tools than him and will take the decision.

Thats my opinion though.

3. Drake

Drake Guest

Guess we'll see.

4. Shwartz

Shwartz Green Belt

I think Gus is more proven cardio-vise so if it's a decision Gus will take it by being the fresher fighter in the late rounds.

But Gus is somewhat hittable and Rumble punches really hard so I can see him hurting Gus and pouncing to finish.

I still think Gus should be a favourite, but the fight definitely can go both ways.

5. reigning terroe

I really don't think Gus does have more tools though. Everyone thinks that if Gus can just outlast Rumble he's in the clear. I don't think so. Rumble fought for 3 full rounds and didn't pull back at all he kept coming at Phil and his output every round was the same. No conserving energy or anything like that. He Phil with hard shots every round. Rumble slips punches beautifully and stands in the pocket looking to counter. Gus got tagged by Manuwa and those punches were predictable. Gus moves his whole body but not his head. Rumble will cut off the cage and lead him into some big shots. Rumble has more power, better kicks, better head movement, better wrestling and cardio I think is equal

6. reigning terroe

Because he went 5 rounds he's more proven? He lost those last 2 rounds cause he was tired. Rumble looked great against Phil cardio wise and we couldn't tell against Nog cause well it was only 40 seconds.

7. callofdutyNBA

callofdutyNBA Brown Belt

Gus by sub

8. Shwartz

Shwartz Green Belt

Gus gassed in the second half of the 4th round in an insanely high-pace fight against P4P no.1 and a guy with second-most 5-round experience in UFC to boot.
    I thnink he did pretty for a first main event in his career.

Now it'd be a third main event in a row for Gus. And the 4th training camp for a 5-rounder (if you remember never-to-be Mousasi fight where Gus had to pull out several days before the event).

On the other hand, it's the first time in his career that Rumble is preparing for 25-minute fight. He will be at a disadvantage in the championship rounds.

And, if we compare their last 3-rounders, Gus maintained a higher pace against Shogun than Rumble against Davis.

9. Git rekt

Git rekt Blue Belt

Personally i think Rumble is going to KO gus, You have some valid points on the decision though. if he cant KO gus he definitely isnt going to beat jones though.

10. AliBagaooteenov

AliBagaooteenov Imagine a Prime Yoel Romero Poundin yo Old Lady Banned

I think Gus will just outstrike Rumble if Rumble cant KO Gus.

11. yekmurat

yekmurat Silver Belt

Thats 1st real test of Rumble at LHW we ll understand very well whats he capable of after this

12. Git rekt

Git rekt Blue Belt

Pretty much how im looking at this fight. If he cant KO gus, I cant seem him beating jones at all.

13. yekmurat

yekmurat Silver Belt

I know fighters always remembered their last fights but at the end of the day Rumble lost to Kos Rich clementi and Belfort so right now giving a chance him against Jones is weird as hell but at the same time he is 1 fight close to fight for belt...weird situaiton for sure

14. reigning terroe